06 master : miles left in tank (1 Viewer)

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
I have a strange one.

My '06 master had a fuel gauge problem, showing empty at random. - Bit of a shock when it happened first !
Got that fixed under warranty by main renault dealer. However, in the digital dash thing it shows how many gallons you've used since last reset, how may miles done, etc etc, the only thing that doesn't work in the bit that tells you how far you can go before your need fuel. :Angry:

Any ideas ?
I can wield a spanner in anger, and can follow electrics, but I cant find any info on how this thing is supposed to work :Blush: , so dont have much chance of fixing it.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
try unplugging the instrument cluster from the main wiring loom, wait a minute or so then plug it back in...works for ducato's. :thumb:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I have a strange one.

My '06 master had a fuel gauge problem, showing empty at random. - Bit of a shock when it happened first !
Got that fixed under warranty by main renault dealer. However, in the digital dash thing it shows how many gallons you've used since last reset, how may miles done, etc etc, the only thing that doesn't work in the bit that tells you how far you can go before your need fuel. :Angry:

Any ideas ?
I can wield a spanner in anger, and can follow electrics, but I cant find any info on how this thing is supposed to work :Blush: , so dont have much chance of fixing it.

It does stop working when you get down to about 75 miles to go - then it just shows a line of dashes.
Not much use, really! :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dealgan

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
Yes, the line of dashes is what I have permanently, whether its empty or full to the brim,

I thought there might be a second feed from the tank sender, but haven't looked there yet. (Still haven't found where exactly the tank is or how to get at the sender !)

Must see if I can find the connections to it & try unplugging for a while.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back