0% interest on new Samsung phones (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Thing is, its not really a phone! I rarely use my phone for making receiving calls. High powered computers in the palm of you hand, amazing. Who can remember the 1st mobile web pages, rubbish, I thought "this isn't gonna work" but look now. Phones, phablets, tablets. :LOL:

Sent from Spain via free WiFi from my device.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Why pay £60,000 for a motorhome when you can get one that does the same for £20,000, why pay £15,000 for a motorbike when you can get one that does the same for £500. Why pay £80 for jeans, etc etc etc.....

your missing the point...Quality! (applys to all your examples)

?

Deleted User
Get yourself some of these

Amazon product ASIN B00J206116
There are loads of different types, just put in touchscreen gloves.

I need to get a new pair as my original knitted pair from about 3 years are just about falling to bits now and beyond any further repair.

ETA - darn it - can't get the link to work - just put touchscreen gloves in on Amazon

Google Nanotips if anyone is looking to use a swipe screen with gloves on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks for the replies guys, very interesting. If the intention is to use it mainly as a phone with a bit of browsing and texting it would be OTT and expensive, but if you intend to use it for more than that then it appears to be worth the price ... I suspect a lot of people who buy them though don't use them for a fraction of what they are capable of, just getting one to keep up with the latest trends.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I just can't hack it with no cheap Android
Got to be iphone6 or better for me and I care not that it is well over £600 for a 64gb

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
For tomorrow only there is an offer on a range of Samsung phones. interest free if you have a paypal account. I think I'm going for the Note 4 (5 not out) its good value at £399. Son getting new edge 7 very slick but I like big phones

here is the deal::) http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hea...nline-store-paypal-offering-0-finance-2403442

No such thing as interest free. The coin will be hidden in the deal somewhere... Nowt for Nowt unless its crap.

Cynical me ??:D:D

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I may be savvy about some stuff but not phones ... I have a Motorola Moto E now as it came with the contract I have with Tesco (£7.50 a month) previously I had a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 which I prefer, in fact I've just unlocked it so may go back to that. Both are just basic smart phones and if it wasn't for the fact that I have to use the web and text occasionally I'd have a bog standard keypad clamshell phone. It annoys me that to answer the (smart) phone I have to mess about taking my gloves off and then swiping ... although when at the car boot sale I've mastered the art of swiping the phone with the tip of my nose :D but can't 'hang up' afterwards without removing my glove - not ideal when at a car boot sale with bags of stuff and/or it's freezing! Oh and for those who are wondering, no I do NOT get snot all over it! :LOL:
FYI Mr judges new proposed phone the mighty note 4 has a setting that allows you to operate it with gloves on and can even be answered with a voice command!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
I just can't hack it with no cheap Android(y)
Got to be iphone6 or better for me and I care not that it is well over £600 for a 64gb
LOL the note 4 is light years ahead of the iphone 6 and 128 GB memory cards that go into it are as cheap as Chips

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
How does that in anyway relate, to the original poster complaining of Apples restrictions on the use of music?

perspective a bit narrow!lol My son who has a new 5S buying one as well:whistle:

daughter has the new 6 something that rubbish in comparison as well:)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Wouldnt every phone be interest free with the right credit card ? or as my dad would say if the moneys not in your wallet leave the goods in the shop.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Google Nanotips if anyone is looking to use a swipe screen with gloves on.
Not required for a note 4 it has a selectable 'glove' function which makes the screen more sensitive.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
perspective a bit narrow!lol My son who has a new 5S buying one as well:whistle:

daughter has the new 6 something that rubbish in comparison as well:)
Nope you've lost me! I really don't know what you are talking about!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Mine, an iPhone, is my diary, my reminder, my camera, my photograph album, my calculator, my music, my books, my address and phone book, my internet connection, my weather forecaster, my sat nav, my train and bus timetable, my listing for Aires and campsites, my alarm clock and timer, and many other things too. All of it is instantly available in my pocket 24 hours a day and all in one small convenient package. Oh, I use it for phone calls and text messages too

Of course I could live without it but I wouldn't want to and as for the money, well as far as I am concerned it's well worth it.

Screen a bit small for watching videos on...

JJ :cool:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I might go for a Samsung next.

I have an iPhone 5 at the moment but I could do with a bigger screen these days.

It's funny isn't it that the trend was to get phones smaller and smaller and now it seems to be going the other way.

I saw a chap on the phone a few months ago and it looked like he was holding a laptop to his ear

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Heads up just got my Note 4, credit is over 12 months = £33.25 a month

Only white and gold left got a gold..no black:crying:

I'm a happy funster:LOL:

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Heads up just got my Note 4, credit is over 12 months = £33.25 a month

Only white and gold left got a gold..no black:crying:

I'm a happy funster:LOL:

Good job you stayed up late, sold out in all colours now!

Was going to get a S7 in the belief there was a 24 month option, but not over 6 or 12 months. Thought I'd look at the Note 4 but all gone!

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
OMG .. is @Minxy Girl a smartphone convert in the making?

As an example of why my note 4 is so useful. .
Yesterday .. online banking .. (actually paid off a mortgage)
Created and sent an invoice
All postings on fun and other forums
Several photographs
In excess of 40 whatsapp messages
Checked some Aires south of the pyrenees using campercontact
Used google maps
All email comes to phone
Got the house pc to download walking dead and talking dead
A little amazon shop for the wee girl for mothers day
Checked some instructions re a thetford toilet.
Used the torch
Used the dugs twitter account
Used google maps to check traffic
Checked London overground train times
Received one text message
Made two phone calls and received one call

That was on a day off ..
Another nice thing is the ultimate power saving feature which reduces the functionality of the phone but gives you massive battery life.
As stated above the quick charging is great.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So some of you use them as a 'multi-tool' rather than just a phone ... for me I just want to do the basics so what I have is fine ... I spend enough time on the internet at home without doing it whilst out and about on a daily basis (exception being when away in van for any length of time as that's when a mobile 'multi-tool' is useful).

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
So some of you use them as a 'multi-tool' rather than just a phone ... for me I just want to do the basics so what I have is fine ... I spend enough time on the internet at home without doing it whilst out and about on a daily basis (exception being when away in van for any length of time as that's when a mobile 'multi-tool' is useful).

Hit the nail on the head there... Ms Minxy Girl.

This is why I "bang on" about the Samsung Galaxy Note smartphones so much. I am "away in my van" ALL the time... over 360 days every year.

:restmycase:

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Good job you stayed up late, sold out in all colours now!

Was going to get a S7 in the belief there was a 24 month option, but not over 6 or 12 months. Thought I'd look at the Note 4 but all gone!

Well I did post just after midnight that we both got our S7 edge and Note 4

Eddie

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
If you dont need the interest free credit it is £349.99 from mobiles.co.uk. We have bought an iphone from them and it looked like they were part of carphone warehouse. Thats the note 4,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back