* 😐😐CANCELLED😐😐. WHITBY GOTH RALLY* (1 Viewer)

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Important info regarding the Whitby Goth Rally October 2020
As we have to social distance and Covid19, the Caedmon college is not allowing class rooms to be used for social gatherings, and also they are not allowing toilets or showers to be used.
I have been following the WGW on facebook and they are saying a lot of events have been cancelled, no bands playing live music etc.
At the moment the bizarre at the leisure centre will still open, although not 100% it will go ahead.
There are a number of pubs and food places closing their doors temporarily due to concerns of Covid infections.
You may have to book a table for drinks or food.
We still intend to run the rally, but we will have no room to get together in, and there will be no bacon rolls on Sunday morning, of course unless you want to cook your own.

The Rally will start on Thursday 29th October (after 1) until Sunday 1st November and cost will be £12 per unit per night.
It is hard standing and 10 mins walk into Whitby
We have 30 on the rally list and will not be taking any reserves even if anyone now drops out at this point.
If Whitby goes into lockdown and we are not allowed to visit, then I wll update further.
Anyone on the rally list already and cannot make it or wants to drop out please comment on the rally thread.
Keep Safe Everyone and All.
Lets hope we get back to normal next year.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Sad to hear this but living close the news at the moment sounds worrying. I think there were 10 places investigating after cases or contact tracing requests and I heard of another today. Some have now reopened and it could be a lot better by the end of October as there will be less people in the town over the next month and a half.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
things are looking gloomy for the goth community then? situation normal it seems

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The goths in Whitby that I've met are a pretty cheerful lot our dog has especially learned that slightly tipsy female ones are a soft touch for treats!
Sorry it's another of many effect but on the scale a disappointment not a tragedy.

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
*CANCELLED*. Important info regarding the Whitby Goth Rally October 2020
As we have to social distance and Covid19, the Caedmon college is not allowing class rooms to be used for social gatherings, and also they are not allowing toilets or showers to be used.
I have been following the WGW on facebook and they are saying a lot of events have been cancelled, no bands playing live music etc.
At the moment the bizarre at the leisure centre will still open, although not 100% it will go ahead.
There are a number of pubs and food places closing their doors temporarily due to concerns of Covid infections.
You may have to book a table for drinks or food.
We still intend to run the rally, but we will have no room to get together in, and there will be no bacon rolls on Sunday morning, of course unless you want to cook your own.

The Rally will start on Thursday 29th October (after 1) until Sunday 1st November and cost will be £12 per unit per night.
It is hard standing and 10 mins walk into Whitby
We have 30 on the rally list and will not be taking any reserves even if anyone now drops out at this point.
If Whitby goes into lockdown and we are not allowed to visit, then I wll update further.
Anyone on the rally list already and cannot make it or wants to drop out please comment on the rally thread.
Keep Safe Everyone and All.
Lets hope we get back to normal next year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back