“The wife” (1 Viewer)

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Some of us are that lucky.
We are indeed, guess it’s like winning the lottery. I could not be with someone I did not care for or live whole heartedly and. Certainly would not call them a derogatory name as a term of some form of ‘affection’ but each to their own. And good to hear you have a loving Wife too

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Just celebrated our 51st wedding anniversary! It’s the only thing we have in common!We got married the same day😊

Haha, reminds me of what HRH and i have in common, she loves me and i love me :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I have never, ever, referred to my wife as 'the wife'. Call me old fashioned, but she is 'my wife'. I think the term 'the wife' makes the lady sound like an object.

In fun, I have said the missus, the boss, or my social secretary, but, I will not say 'the wife'. And I still open doors for ladies.

Craig

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I stick to the spanish " Esta es mi mujer" . :giggle: This is my woman
or occasionally " esta es mi media naranja" . :pThis is my better half
I thought for a minute you were calling her your 'orange'! :giggle:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
ummmmmm spouse not mentioned yet.
1599474977010.png

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
A friend used to call his wife “Bollocky”. No idea why. He used it as a term of endearment.
He stopped calling her that a few years ago. No idea why. Perhaps they dropped off.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Interesting ... I've not really thought about it, "my wife" is okay but I have to admit I don't particularly like "the wife" as it does come across as a bit demeaning however its all to do with context of what's being said/written I suppose. We also assume that "the wife" means that person's actual wife ... but who knows! :blusher:

I would never refer to my husband as "the husband" however I do use "my hubby" or "hubby" rather than give his name, not because he'd be bothered at all but simply that in one single word it is clear who I'm talking about whereas if I say his name many wouldn't know who I was talking about, especially newbies.
Me too - relationship is clear straight away and I think hubby is more affectionate

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Was once only introduced as 'the wife' by my husband at the time. Respnded with 'that's right I am the wife of the man down the road' he was furious the parish priest he was introducing me to found it amusing though.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
I always remember as a child my dad calling my mum wee wifey, dad has been passed 27 years now..if anything this thread has made me 😃.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ladies, let's turn it on its head. How do you address your husband? Just asking like.
I refer to him as hubby in 'polite' company ... I couldn't possibly tell you the other terms of 'endearment' (or otherwise!) :giggle:

PS: We had our 39th wedding anniversary on Saturday ... how the hell we've managed to get to that number without killing each other I don't know! :rofl:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I stick to the spanish " Esta es mi mujer" . :giggle: This is my woman
or occasionally " esta es mi media naranja" . :pThis is my better half
No wonder Spanish confuses me ....at first glance that looks like something about your mother and a bag of oranges in newspaper 😁

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have many names for the wife ....none are pleasant .....been separated 16 years ....i might get round to actually divorcing one day but as I've zero intention of ever making the same mistake again theres no rush lol

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
I refer to him as hubby in 'polite' company ... I couldn't possibly tell you the other terms of 'endearment' (or otherwise!) :giggle:

PS: We had our 39th wedding anniversary on Saturday ... how the hell we've managed to get to that number without killing each other I don't know! :rofl:
Ours is 40 years together (37 married) on Thursday.

The only time we came close to manslaughter was the last 6 month stuck in a motorhome together due to Covid19! Hubby now has space to hide from me in our new garden so should last another 40 okay:giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I have many names for the wife ....none are pleasant .....been separated 16 years ....i might get round to actually divorcing one day but as I've zero intention of ever making the same mistake again theres no rush lol
Just make sure your finances are sorted and you have a will otherwise with still being officially married if you pop your clogs she will likely get the lot. :oops:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just make sure your finances are sorted and you have a will otherwise with still being officially married if you pop your clogs she will likely get the lot. :oops:
Funnily enough it worked in my friend’s favour. Her vile husband left her penniless with two small children. He carried on leading the high life and managed to avoid paying maintenance etc. He died youngish in an accident never having divorced her as he liked the sense of control and she got the lot. It took a while plus therapy and the support of friends and the three of them are OK now. Leaves some hidden scars though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back