“The wife” (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Sue loved it when she was admitted to the military hospital (TPMH) in Cyprus for a procedure.. She had “Wife of Cpl Heywood” over her bed 😂

My wife can relate to that.... I got called in to see the RSM, i was a WO2 AQMS at the time, his wife had complained to him about my wife;
While she was trying to give my wife instructions she was told in no uncertain terms that "my Husband is in the Army not me"! ....:eek: now please leave....,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
What is it with folks on the forum who refer to “The wife”? I can understand “The M25”, The Eiffel Tower” or “The Houses of Parliament “ but surely you have more of a personal affinity to “Your wife”? The person you have been married to for many years, or am I missing something.

Not that it actually matters, but I am intrigued by whom we are being addressed, Rosie or David 🤔

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
She saw me posting on here referring to her as the wife, she went ballistic.
But it’s a phrase referring to your wife so what’s the problem, I take my online privacy seriously so don’t want to mention names, is that such a problem?
If it offends don’t read the post or comment.

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Margaret told me not to respond to this thread.

Who's Margaret you ask?

It's THE WIFE as you might have suspected but would never know if I had not indicated her relationship to me by saying'the wife'. Seems the logical way to refer to the other half unless we are all to remember everyone else's partner's name.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I think that 'the wife' reference on Forums is used for clarity because not many know (or can remember) the names of other Funsters' wives (or aunt, mistress, daughter) so a reader wouldn't know who 'Agnes' or 'Jezebel' was.
Certainly MY wife is more affectionate than THE wife.

(Ah, my post has crossed with the same thought as On the road again ).

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I don't have the problem as I am solo but the word/name that really grates me is when someone refers to a woman constantly as SHE.... (not in the normal usage).

SHE is an ignorant person's referral without the coutesy of giving a woman her name. .. SHE is the cat's mother. . Grrrr

May 17, 2016
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
The phrase “The fun polis” is bandied about our home by everyone, barring my wife, so I assume that it’s her we are referring to. She certainly has grown into the role since we have met.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I don't have the problem as I am solo but the word/name that really grates me is when someone refers to a woman constantly as SHE.... (not in the normal usage).

SHE is an ignorant person's referral without the coutesy of giving a woman her name. .. SHE is the cat's mother. . Grrrr

SHE may have a point you know 😉

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I stick to the spanish " Esta es mi mujer" . :giggle: This is my woman
or occasionally " esta es mi media naranja" . :pThis is my better half

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Is í movan an bhean is taibhseach ar domhan

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I sometimes refer to my dearly beloved as The Duchess. As in The Duchess of Fife.........

Occasionally I refer to her as that silly cow. This is partly a term of endearment as I truly love cows........trust me,I really do.:LOL: ;)

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Irish

Join us or log in to post a reply.