Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Ahh?---- SWMBO?. 'er Indoors? The missus? "Trouble and strife" even? Wahh lass?.

Or, just maybe, the Angel/devil to whom I have been married for some 56 years.? And who still can laugh at those who get upset by politically incorrect observations.

Last edited:

Gixer

Free Member
Dec 16, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
2018 Chausson EB
Exp
None
After working in South Wales and visiting clients at home, there was a lot of men who referred to their wives as 'The Wife' but also 'The Daughter' and even 'The Grand-daughter', my better half, love of my life, my angel [yes she's looking over my shoulder] would hurt me badly if I ever said 'The Wife' !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I would object strongly to being called “the wife”. I think it sounds demeaning. I have no control over what Nick calls me when I’m not there, probably “nagging old witch” but that’s preferable because it involves a bit of thought. I wouldn’t dream of calling him “the husband”, I might say “my husband” but usually I call him Nick as that’s his name and I like it.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
...but surely you have more of a personal affinity to “Your wife”? The person you have been married to for many years, or am I missing something.

Cripes... a sensitive Funster with some respect for women...

Praise be to the Gods of the Forums...

JJ :cool:

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
What is it with folks on the forum who refer to “The wife”? I can understand “The M25”, The Eiffel Tower” or “The Houses of Parliament “ but surely you have more of a personal affinity to “Your wife”? The person you have been married to for many years, or am I missing something.
I don’t really see what the issue here is?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What is it with folks on the forum who refer to “The wife”? I can understand “The M25”, The Eiffel Tower” or “The Houses of Parliament “ but surely you have more of a personal affinity to “Your wife”? The person you have been married to for many years, or am I missing something.
Interesting ... I've not really thought about it, "my wife" is okay but I have to admit I don't particularly like "the wife" as it does come across as a bit demeaning however its all to do with context of what's being said/written I suppose. We also assume that "the wife" means that person's actual wife ... but who knows! :blusher:

I would never refer to my husband as "the husband" however I do use "my hubby" or "hubby" rather than give his name, not because he'd be bothered at all but simply that in one single word it is clear who I'm talking about whereas if I say his name many wouldn't know who I was talking about, especially newbies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back