“Booster required” (1 Viewer)

Jun 23, 2020
Lytham St Anne’s
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 231
Exp
Hi,

We are staying at Brighton next week and they have sent an email which amongst other things says we will need a tv booster.

Our van has a decent omnidirectional aerial with what looks like a booster but it could just be the aerial power supply. I have a 20m coaxial cable and a couple of adapters.

Do I actually need to buy a booster? Or anything else?

Many thanks

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I would have thought if there's power to the ariel it includes an amplifier so has a booster. Why not take a firestick with you.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Have they got Tv outlets on the EHU bollard?

Your set up sounds like it contains a booster.

Or as mentioned a take a fire stick or iPad with you.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DrewE127
Jun 23, 2020
Lytham St Anne’s
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 231
Exp
Thanks both, we do have WiFi and a fire stick but not had it long, so not sure if we can watch live tv on it.

From looking at trip advisor they have booster sockets on the back of most of the EHU bollards...

Strange wording, I assume they mean a normal aerial socket; the cable I have is a normal coaxial cable with push fit connections, not screw fit

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,

We are staying at Brighton next week and they have sent an email which amongst other things says we will need a tv booster.

Our van has a decent omnidirectional aerial with what looks like a booster but it could just be the aerial power supply. I have a 20m coaxial cable and a couple of adapters.

Do I actually need to buy a booster? Or anything else?

Many thanks

If they say you need a booster, they mean the reception is terrible and probably won't work on an omni antenna, booster or not! Consider taking a log periodic directional type. These have significant gain and excellent wide band performance (so you don't need to match them to the specific transmitter). You'll need a pole to attach to (we used to attach to the whirlygig clothes dryer pole, but you can jury rig it anyway you like with a bit of duct tape. Use an app to find out which direction to point it, or examine the roofs and chimneys of nearby houses for clues.

Example:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You have answered your own question in a way. "Looks like a power supply for the aerial" it only needs power if it's amplified 👍

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Reading the description, they even do a compact version specifically for caravans/motorhomes.

OP
OP
DrewE127
Jun 23, 2020
Lytham St Anne’s
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 231
Exp
Thanks cmcardle I didn’t know about the compact ones either, but due to our limited space I think I’ll risk it and do as Anth has said 👍

Our van has no garage just under bed storage which is rather full already 😆

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
You can watch live tv on your Firestick, but of course it does use data. I have an app which I use, but of course I can’t remember what it’s called- TV Live or some such!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back