£749 Ecotree Lithium 110AH Battery for £375 (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Just over 100 of you applied to buy a battery at half price from Ecotree Lithium. Sadly the offer is only for 6 at this price.

With all the names in a spreadsheet and using a random mumber generator. The winners are:
  1. Bobby-gg
  2. grumps147
  3. Jenben
  4. Hils and Glenns
  5. Jimbohorlicks
  6. The Wino
I will send your details to Ecotree who will contact you directly (y).
Hi Jim did you forward our details to Ecotree?
We haven't heard anything as yet.
Cheers.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
From experience, they take a while to get there but really do deliver when they arrive. 👍

Mrjenben

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Hi.

We had a good chat with Rob from Ecotree and got some good advice on our setup! The battery arrived safely yesterday so I’ll be fitting it this weekend. I’ll start another thread to document how it goes.

Many thanks to Rob and Paul at Ecotree for the great deal and advice, also thanks to Jim for picking out the right winners:)

image.jpgC31FD7F1-6695-44FC-B214-656553D3585A.jpeg

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
think carefully about where you mount it/charge it if you use in cold temps.
they dont advertise that it has low temp charge protection.

you may want to check, as the data sheet says "complete protection"
funny thing is aswell says, can be used with most lead acid chargers? I guess htey mean ones with setting like gel etc.

Mrjenben

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Tombola Thanks - I’ve already discussed with them. Their BMS doesn’t have low temperature protection, but as it will be installed inside the van in a well insulated spot then this isn’t going to be a problem for me. For anyone worried about this they do offer batteries with low temp protection and a heater pad for external installations.

The recommendation on charging is absorption / bulk of 14.2v (up to 14.6v is ok), and a float of 13.6 / 13.7. My existing mains and solar chargers have a suitable Gel or AGM profile that provides this.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
and a float of 13.6 / 13.7
for Lithium ? Mrjenben
not usually recommended .

Im similar regards battery position, in fact Ive just finished re routing a piece of the heater hose through the battery bay as Ive dropped them right next to the outer skin. I dont go antarctic or anywhere ;) but do go off grid a lot and right throughout winter, so just belt and braces really.

Mrjenben

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
for Lithium ? Mrjenben
not usually recommended .

Im similar regards battery position, in fact Ive just finished re routing a piece of the heater hose through the battery bay as Ive dropped them right next to the outer skin. I dont go antarctic or anywhere ;) but do go off grid a lot and right throughout winter, so just belt and braces really.
Ecotrees (and others like KS) advice is that, whilst the float isnt essential, it’s not detrimental at that level. It doesn‘t affect their warranty.

Luckily our battery compartment is insulated and has heater hoses routed through it already. Good job as it’s been tested by us down to -20c on skiing trips:) Hearing the engine start after a weeks cold soak in those temps is interesting!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back