£633 orange bill help please. (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ok one to cheer up Mr shiftz im sure but I have had a disaster in a few weeks with Orange, now having this coupled with my other recent threads should hopefully show why im now megga peeved today.

so, before going on holiday a nice fella in Pakistan or India put a data roaming package on my account. Wrong, he messed it up and put a recurring package on, it took me several phone calls to sort out all from a land line as my phone does not work in the house. Also my internet account wont access so for 3 + weeks I have been trying to sort it out and get it fixed via phone (all my land line) any how I popped in to Smoke on trent today (another story that one) and went in to the orange shop to ask them to help. The guy tried his best and said sorry sir you have actually terminated your account and the bill is £633!!!! which we took from your account but we will put straight back

I said I have never terminated my account and what are you playing at? using his phone I eventually got through to a nice girl whom seemed to speak my language, (im getting tick or Scran to ring next time as Im not sure what is more difficult a call centre in India or Newcastle upon tyne) she said I am very sorry sir but we made a mistake and by accident we closed your account instead of one with a similar number, but do not worry here is £20 for the problems we caused you .

So none the wiser as I had not tried to use my phone today I accepted that but was still left with my horrendous data roaming charges I endured whilst in France as the package they put on was not on because they have again screwed up. I tried to access my account but was unable to do so as again it says my password is wrong when it is not, when I ring they confirm my password and say no it should work,,, but it does not.

So as a customer of orange for 20 years with the same number Im not sure if its me whos jumping in the canal, my Iphone getting thrown in the canal, or me putting orange workers in the canal,
so they have eventually told me that a high up super visor person from India will call me tomorrow to help me resolve the issue,

What should I ask for.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
All your money back!! That's what you should ask for Paul!

Why should you have to pay for them messing up big style!

These phone companies are horrendous - oh and banks and insurance companies too!:Angry:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I think you should ask for that app that was on tv last night that takes your heart beat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:as yours must be going through the roof today :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i always find that communication companies are the worst people to try and communicate with.:Doh::Doh::Doh:

stupid world we live in:thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
This all sounds very familiar hence the reason after 20+ years I am now with o2when you get the stupid visor on the phone ask for some free rental I got 3 months and all the charges they put on my bill whilst in the USA including the ones that were down to me, Orange didn't work at my home either but o2 does.

Good luck

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
A free T mobile sim for your I phone:thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Get all your money back and go to O2 for a contract - we have been with them for a fair while now - never a problem - always UK based contacts and nothing too much trouble - had a couple of mistakes made but very quick to sort and compensate without asking.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
regulator and then small claims court

Complain to OFTEL the regulator first. Write a leter to Orange giving them 7 days. tell them what you want. i.e the sum of money, add your reasonable expenses.. (I did say reasonable) .. if they do not pay it then issue a County Court Small claims summons.. easy to do.. cost you between £30 and £60 dependent on the sum claimed (You get this back) .. you will find how much a summons sharpens people attention when they get it. They will settle out of court as they would lose if it went before a district judge.

Change supplier - but they are all bad.

Bob:thumb: p.s I still pay £6.99 for the top AOL internet service 3 years on after I had a complaint. The tape of the call is now used by AOL to train it's overseas staff... the deal is for life. Was £29.99 ... You do not have to put up with this sort of crap.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They are all rip off bar stewards.

I have had a lot of problems with Vodafone in the last few weeks and so have about 5 others in my office.

I have yet to hear of a case of undercharging.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
well i have rang today and after several hours I have now managed ot speak to a human being from England whom speaks my English and has sorted it all out for me. She was quite shocked to see what was happening and had told me that my bill was now edging toward the £1000 mark. She pressed a few buttons and I am now in credit by two months and able to access y account on line. There were a number of cock ups including people putting roaming packages on for me should I have holidayed in my motorhome in Brazil?

She is calling me back tomorrow at 10am to ensure that all is ok when I have accessed my online account and it works and I can see all that has happend,, wow so many errors.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
make sure you get confirmation in writing just in case someone else pushes a few more buttons and changes it back xxxxxxxxxx

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
did the high up person ring Paul and did you sort it? to your satisfaction

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Paul get them to email what they are doing then if it goes wrong again you have it in writing

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Everything in writing, names, times, dates of calls taken. Record them with a dictaphone -£20 if you havn't got one from somewhere like argos or tescos.

You want the recordings of the phone conversations sent to you. They have to do this by law.

You want an investigation started, 14 days to recognise and start one, 28 days to complete.

If they still do not want to play ball, then you go to oftel.

It would appear they have mis-sold or mis-appropriated an account to a package that you were not asking for, or did not know the details of. It may have been a dialogue misunderstanding which their responsibility. In essence, they have breached the contract, so they have to answer and settle the breach, and either swallow the bill or come to an arrangement.

I have heard of similar things happening, and you will have a job and a half on your hands to sort it all out - good luck, and be presistant. You want all calls refunded on your landline also!:thumb:

dappleduck

Free Member
May 14, 2015
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
toyota lightace
Exp
im a newbie
had same probem with talk talk a few years ago....everything is sorted they said.....you are now in credit......WRONG....TOOK SIX MONTHS TO SORT IT.....all weekends, outing etc were cancelled due to anxiety over it...............OFCOM didn't want to know.//all these big companies have the hold over their customers.....time government took action.......or do the companies have the hold over them also...........I HATE DIRECT DEBITS......time chque books came back......have bill in grubby/dainty hand and pay them...if any complaint don't pay until its sorted..........ONE SHOULD HAVE THE CHOICE OF HOW ONE PAYS......JOLLY GOOD LUCK IF THINGS HAVE BEEN SORTED FOR YOU .........and I hope they have..................the customer feels so helpless in a situation like this..................GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
What should I ask for.

At contract renewal time:

trPicture074lg.gif

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Ok one to cheer up Mr shiftz im sure but I have had a disaster in a few weeks with Orange, now having this coupled with my other recent threads should hopefully show why im now megga peeved today.

so, before going on holiday a nice fella in Pakistan or India put a data roaming package on my account. Wrong, he messed it up and put a recurring package on, it took me several phone calls to sort out all from a land line as my phone does not work in the house. Also my internet account wont access so for 3 + weeks I have been trying to sort it out and get it fixed via phone (all my land line) any how I popped in to Smoke on trent today (another story that one) and went in to the orange shop to ask them to help. The guy tried his best and said sorry sir you have actually terminated your account and the bill is £633!!!! which we took from your account but we will put straight back

I said I have never terminated my account and what are you playing at? using his phone I eventually got through to a nice girl whom seemed to speak my language, (im getting tick or Scran to ring next time as Im not sure what is more difficult a call centre in India or Newcastle upon tyne) she said I am very sorry sir but we made a mistake and by accident we closed your account instead of one with a similar number, but do not worry here is £20 for the problems we caused you .

So none the wiser as I had not tried to use my phone today I accepted that but was still left with my horrendous data roaming charges I endured whilst in France as the package they put on was not on because they have again screwed up. I tried to access my account but was unable to do so as again it says my password is wrong when it is not, when I ring they confirm my password and say no it should work,,, but it does not.

So as a customer of orange for 20 years with the same number Im not sure if its me whos jumping in the canal, my Iphone getting thrown in the canal, or me putting orange workers in the canal,
so they have eventually told me that a high up super visor person from India will call me tomorrow to help me resolve the issue,

What should I ask for.
you can't beat PAYG,,,,i will never ever have a contract again,,,,BUSBY,,,,,

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
t
well i have rang today and after several hours I have now managed ot speak to a human being from England whom speaks my English and has sorted it all out for me. She was quite shocked to see what was happening and had told me that my bill was now edging toward the £1000 mark. She pressed a few buttons and I am now in credit by two months and able to access y account on line. There were a number of cock ups including people putting roaming packages on for me should I have holidayed in my motorhome in Brazil?

She is calling me back tomorrow at 10am to ensure that all is ok when I have accessed my online account and it works and I can see all that has happened,, wow so many errors.
Had a problem with a T Mobile account a couple of years ago, like you got passed around variuos Indian supervisors in the end lost my rag and asked very firm to talk to an English person in England. 10 min later got put through to an English person all sorted in minutes, account closed and reimbursement agreed, a few weeks later twice the agreed amount paid into my account. Of course I let them know :ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
OP posted in 2010.

Brought back to life in 2015.

Now brought back to life again in 2016.

Is there a competition going on?

JJ :cool:
It is a great way of meeting up with some old posters JJ I have just read some posters that have long gone. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back