Screenshot 2022-06-23 at 17.10.28.png

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I'm not retired Chaser! Neither is Mrs DDJC. The downside is that I have to pay August prices because the kids are both still at school.
When we do retire, we will cut our cloth accordingly. Definitely nothing over 95 euro a night...

Just kidding ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:

And for the record, I do thing that the price we are being charged for the site is astronomical. Certainly won't be paying anywhere near that for next year. This is a one off to celebrate the post-covid freedom to go to Yerp.
No mate, as I said not knocking anyone and if you have that much you might as well have the holiday you want.
It's just when folks come on and say why do you find free parkups when you have £100000 motorhomes, price of the motorhome has got very little to do with the money in your pocket.
Btw when our kids were at school I can well remember paying £600 for a static in great Yarmouth for 5 of us in the school holidays so do know where you are coming from.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Of course it isn't £100 a night!!!

It's only 100 euro a night. It's actually a few cents over 100 euro.
It is August so it's gonna be pricey. And we are paying 2021 pitch prices because that is when we booked it.

All the other sites we are staying on in the summer are cheaper, ranging from 31 - 45 euro a night. But we wanted a proper, beachside resort week. That is what these things cost.
Screaming kids and sunburnt pissheads.

Bit like benidorm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Swanage.pitch 2oaps!Mind you front page of express says we are going to get £1000 more pensions a year so will be able to afford £63 a night then😁😁
The chances of the pension going up that much is zero.
By the time the papers and twitter have there say.

Oh look at all them pensioners swanning around paying £63 a night with there £100k motorhomes.

It will be cancelled before you can book your ferry crossing (y):ROFLMAO:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
International camping lido de jesolo
Last August was 128 euros per night on a small pitch dread to think what it costa this year
7 nights all inclusive 4 star hotel in kalamaki zakynthos £440

I know where id be going

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We love this site in Dorset, for £12 a night.

Feb 24, 2018
Humberside
Funster No
MH
Geist Phantom
Exp
MoHo since March 2018.
We like the farm in Derbyshire at £5.00 😂
Yes, don’t think I have been on yet this year or May have done one night on the way down South in January. Just had to post fiver through letter box as I never saw Norman 👍

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
We arrived at Rodemack Aire (Free incl Water and Black) just south of Luxembourg 🇱🇺 yesterday. The Aire was empty when we arrived but is now filling up, on my walk to the Boulangerie this morning it turns out we've accidentally stumbled into a full on Medieval Festival!

It's this sort of surprise that we enjoy when moving every day or two.

Just listening to the Troubadours practising on the pitch next to us.

20220625_104409.jpg

Cheers
Red

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
We arrived at Rodemack Aire (Free incl Water and Black) just south of Luxembourg 🇱🇺 yesterday. The Aire was empty when we arrived but is now filling up, on my walk to the Boulangerie this morning it turns out we've accidentally stumbled into a full on Medieval Festival!

It's this sort of surprise that we enjoy when moving every day or two.

Just listening to the Troubadours practising on the pitch next to us.

View attachment 634327

Cheers
Red

Love the incongruous medieval smartphone, bum bag and rucksack!

Nov 19, 2021
Nr Wigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
We’ve stayed on many all singing and dancing campsites all over Europe. We’ve also stayed on many free Aires, Sostas & StellPlatz which we have really enjoyed also.

Last night, my wife and I stopped on a pub car park free of charge. We had intended having a meal there so rang in advance.

We were told they were fully booked but could stop no problem and come in for a drink if we wished.
We arrived about 8pm, let the pub clear a little and then went to have a drink.
The place was locked up (9pm) but the landlady opened the door and explained they were having a charity day and getting ready for that, but we were more than welcome to stop on the car park.
Very quiet & peaceful night.

We vary where we stop and are not against paying for top expensive sites and watching our 2 girls really enjoying themselves. We like to use the Motorhome for all different experiences, some free some very expensive. While we’re in a position to afford it we’ll do it.

The girls have grown up a bit now (19 & 22) but still enjoy a trip out in the Motorhome with us. Most of the time now it’s just the wife and myself, so probably won’t visit or pay for these expensive sites.

We’re off to Corfu soon (not in the Motorhome 😭😭 though) with the girls (another free holiday) and have invited both their boyfriends to come along with us, at our expense and at quite a bit more than the £400 each mentioned in an earlier thread, but again it’s what we have chosen to do.

Now then, if and when we make it to pension age, we’ll cut our cloth accordingly. Live for today, we earn it, we’ll spend it however.

Enjoy motorhoming in which ever way suites you 😉😉

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
How much the campsite costs is really relative to how much value you get out of it.

Right now we are at a campsite in the middle of Salou, cost E80 per night.

It's worth the price to us as we stroll into town and stagger back.

Full security and best toilets and showers we have ever had. They even have cleaners on duty 24/7.

So for us it's perfect we brought our own hotel room and they provide the rest!
Which site is that ?

OP
OP
robrace
Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Was looking for somewhere to go for 6 or 7 nights in August but was not prepared to pay £63!a night.now booked a site in Southport which was recommended to us!Not somewhere we have been to before but looks good to us and only £37 a night.Home for 14 days then off to France for 3 weeks then hopefully using our Tesco vouchers for the tunnel crossing😊

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
La Siesta campsite Salou, we'd def. recommend it.
Too expensive for my pension..Just had three weeks on Bonterra Park in Bencasim,,,great site,,22 euros a night...Excellent showers and toilets,two pools,good restaurant, spotless and well maintained and 500 yds from the beach..BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Of course it isn't £100 a night!!!

It's only 100 euro a night. It's actually a few cents over 100 euro.
It is August so it's gonna be pricey. And we are paying 2021 pitch prices because that is when we booked it.

All the other sites we are staying on in the summer are cheaper, ranging from 31 - 45 euro a night. But we wanted a proper, beachside resort week. That is what these things cost.
Not on the beach sites I stay on..25 euros is the most I have ever paid.BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back