Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Droppped into the cathedral of Ducati today in Glasgow to genuflect and pay my respects; OH MY.

Go here and see this:

I offered the beautiful young lady sales assistant both my Children in p/x. They are house trained and can do tasks; she poo-pooed me and said that this was a derisory offer and that a guy yesterday had offered two high end sports bike and his liver! Bloody show off...

Saying that, I could spare a kidney...

I would empty my lounge of all things, remove all skirting, dados, decorations and distractions, paint it white and put this in the middle of the room so I could roll my leather recliner round it slowly and soak it up from every angle.

A more beautiful piece of engineering I can't think of.

Go on, prove me wrong!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You'd think at that price they could have afforded a better English translation. So you could up your offer to children, a translation and given Burns Night is this weekend throw in a live haggis. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Personally I’d have a 916 if I could afford it ?
If you have a fancy for one of those expensive red overpriced Italian pieces of art I do know of one that has lived in a hall for most of its life and would be an asset to your style of riding ?

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Such a pretty beast.

Used to really want a Duke back in my riding days, but always just that bit too small for me. Ended up with a Honda SP1 which wasn't much bigger :)

Remember the first time I sat on a 916 in a showroom and nearly dropped it. Had no idea about the flick up stand :)

My stepdad still rides an SP4 (think that's what it's called) which is nice, but not a twin.

Jun 17, 2019
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
One a newbie
Nearest I had st4 which had 916 engine bloody awful bike, 2 mates bought SP1 in 2000 and Ive wanted one ever since . Twins rule for me.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
One of these in my local shop window.
I walk past nearly every day..... drooling?
Seems cheap at £9k for a work of art?
06441739-3CCE-475E-8611-F0429428CD7A.png

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Quite a few years ago we had the Ducati 900SS. The OH put aftermarket exhausts on and subsequently had to push it out of the garage and down the road as it set off all the car alarms! Beautiful bike though.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Or how about the V4 version?
220bhp, 152Kg (that’s 1277bhp/tonne!); yours for £75k.
175929D8-4F29-4DAB-8CA8-EE62965D2A7A.jpeg

Ian

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Loverly bike,

Prefer the old 916 though

Wonder if the reliability issues with Ducati are any better now days?

Use go for a ride out from our local pub with about 50 other lads on a Wednesday night, you could pretty much guarantee that any bike that broke down was a Ducati :LOL:

Always fancied one but could never hold that riding position for to long plus I always go to fast on any bike with a fairing attached:rofl:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Loverly bike,

Use go for a ride out from our local pub with about 50 other lads on a Wednesday night, you could pretty much guarantee that any bike that broke down was a Ducati :LOL:

Always fancied one but could never hold that riding position for to long plus I always go to fast on any bike with a fairing attached:rofl:

Never once did my 750ss fail me.

Always reliable, ran as sweet as a nut.

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
I went to look at a BMW R1000S Randy Mamola Boxer Cup Replica once in Scotland. The guy selling it had his own medical hydraulics business and clearly had some spare cash to throw around... He took me into the garage to look at the bike and he had around 12 other bikes, all relatively rare and pristine plus an Aerial Atom JPS in the corner which he had added full Ohlins to....

In his lounge he had a Senna 916 on a stand with the pimples still on the tyres and zero miles... Glasgow Ducati offered him a blank cheque for the bike so he could name his price... he didn't sell

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Or how about the V4 version?
220bhp, 152Kg (that’s 1277bhp/tonne!); yours for £75k.
View attachment 358735

Ian

Do you think the 220hp would be any different to say 190hp of a few years ago?
The way I look at is you only have a small point of contact at the rear plus the anti this and traction that gizmos so cannot see how more power would be noticeable.

Would think that even at mid-range it would still bring in a limiter to stop wheel spin so I cannot see much advantage of the manufacturers keep upping the BHP of these bikes.
That saying would like to have a go on one, even better have a go on a Roberts TZ 750 without driver aids:Eeek::Eeek:

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
The way I look at is you only have a small point of contact at the rear plus the anti this and traction that gizmos so cannot see how more power would be noticeable.

Would think that even at mid-range it would still bring in a limiter to stop wheel spin so I cannot see much advantage of the manufacturers keep upping the BHP of these bikes.
That saying would like to have a go on one, even better have a go on a Roberts TZ 750 without driver aids:Eeek::Eeek:

For Joe Public, probably not but it sure as hell makes a difference to racers.

I test rode the V4S at the MCN Festival of Motorcycling at Peterborough last year; it was awesome! Get yourself along to this years event where you‘ll be able to test ride a wide range of bikes. Last year I rode 13 bikes over the two-day event.

Ian

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Loverly bike,

Never once did my 750ss fail me.

Always reliable, ran as sweet as a nut.

I have just short of 50,000 miles on my 999s (see my avatar) from touring all over Europe and Scotland (averaging 5,000 miles/year in many of the years Ive had it). Only problems Ive ever had were with an aftermarket alarm (now removed). Been on many a trip organised by a Honda dealer and used to get all the usual jibes/piss takes but it was only ever the Hondas that had problems.

Here’s the evidence with the dealer principal putting on a brave face ?

E2781943-479E-474A-B8B5-28BC4E7EB14A.jpeg

Ian

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots

My GSXR1000 has about 200 gee gees and I've turned off all the traction control rubbish. Now I'm in control and it's much more fun :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back