£20.00 per month for 100gb data & unlimited minutes & texts (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have been with Giffgaff for a few years but sending for a “smarty” sim. This I believe runs off the 3 network, no contract and 30gb for a tenner for the month. Will certainly be using it abroad when we go.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
What is the usage abroad?
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We have been with Giffgaff for a few years but sending for a “smarty” sim. This I believe runs off the 3 network, no contract and 30gb for a tenner for the month. Will certainly be using it abroad when we go.
and if it's a contract like mine you get credit back for unused data at the start of the next month through a reduction of your £10 due. It's part of the 3 group.

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
And

Be aware that's the EE contract is 24 months

I managed to get the three deal for £17 a month, 12 month contract and £70 cashback, it pays to check quidco and tcb sites when comparing

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
and if it's a contract like mine you get credit back for unused data at the start of the next month through a reduction of your £10 due. It's part of the 3 group.

From what I’ve read I can buy PAYG and still get the credit back. Pity you didn’t have a PAYG, you could’ve recommended me and we’d both got a month free.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
From what I’ve read I can buy PAYG and still get the credit back. Pity you didn’t have a PAYG, you could’ve recommended me and we’d both got a month free.
I've had Smarty 30 day contract for a couple of years now and yes we probably could have got a free month each. Did it with the son.
Anyway, think your deal is maybe different from mine in that I use no data on the mobile and get a full credit for the unsed data when paying the next months subscription. Basically means I get unlimited texts and calls for a fiver.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Hi. I know we live in different places but I am going back to giffgaff soon as far more dead spots with smarty.

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Have a look at Broken Link Removed website for SIM-only deals. Mobiles.co.uk is owned by the Dixon Carphone Warehouse Group PLC.

Their best offer at the moment seems to be Vodafone SIM only, 12 month contract, 60 GB, unlimited voice/texts for £8.50 pm. With this deal, your contract with Vodafone is £20 p.m. You get cash back/redemption from Mobiles.co.uk. I was a bit suspicious about getting the cash back/redemption...... but, yes it works and we are now on our third SIM with them. Check the small print to make sure the arrangements for redemption claiming suit you. The slightly more expensive one-off automatic cash back is much easier.

Also be aware that Vodafone now offer 3 speeds of data download......... limited to 2 Mbits/sec (the cheapest deal and useless if you want to stream video), limited to 10 Mbits/sec (fine for most purposes), and unlimited/best available (the most expensive option). Vodafone allow data roaming on all fixed data packages (e.g. the above 60 GB per month deal), but on their unlimited data bundles you are restricted to 25 GB p.m. when roaming in Europe. At the end of the 12 month contract, Vodafone automatically continue on the full rate, unless you give 30 days notice to cancel, which we have done twice...... then taking out a new deal on Vodafone through Mobiles.co.uk.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our contract is up at the end of July, we're currently on a 'mobiles.co.uk' one with Vodafone for unlimited everything (mid rate speed) for in effect £15 a month after cashback (very easy to do on their site), however we're thinking of getting 2 x 60gb ones at £8.50 on the 'mobiles.co.uk' site (£8.00 (on another site, can't remember which!). This will cost a little bit more but means I won't have to have a PAYG sim or us have to mess about leaving the 'unlimited' phone at home if one of us stays in and is using the internet whilst the other goes out and has to take the PAYG phone. In addition we'll then have 50gb pcm to use abroad if we need it rather than the 25gb we now have with a single sim.

On checking our data usage there's only been one month when we went over 120gb and that was when we were getting loads of stuff ready for our last holiday with lots of downloads of stuff to watch, updating equipment and sorting out a new laptop (ie updating windows etc), so 120gb is more than sufficient for our needs.

Another option is to get a 60gb one with Vodafone and one with Three so that we have the best of both worlds in case one provider has issues (had that before with Three and we were without a phone for a few days!) plus the connections abroad are crap in certain areas for some providers, eg Vodafone insist on you using their Spanish network which can be awful at times whereas Three let you use any.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Some good stuff here! One thing that has changed is that if you are out of contract, say your Vodafone cash back deal ends, you DO NOT need to give any notice. You can request a PAC code by text and you will get it almost instantly. You will only pay for your usage post your contract end date and start date of your new contract.

I looked at Smarty but their coverage in Scotland is poor outside if cities. I have opted for VOXI 8gb unlimited everything else, £10.00 plus free social media.

Trying it on my wife's phone and so far brilliant online chat service and it is on the Vodafone network which has good coverage in Scotland.

Once we decide when we are going back to Europe will look at a cashback Vodafone deal with mobiles.co.uk. Used them for 2 years and no issues at all with this cashback process.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Just started another thread on this as I think it was Minxy Girl who put me onto Vodafone this last year
Mobiles £8.50 for 60Gb is the way forward for me. Here is the transfer process:
As I have 30 days (6/7) until end of contract I confirmed today with Vodafone I would not be renewing the contract.
The mobiles offer ends on 25/6 but has already been extended so buying an extra week for £2 is not an issue if it looks like closing.
It is a new contract but Vodafone have a process for moving your old number to the new SIM which may take a day or 2 which just now is not a major issue.
The contract does not appear to limit you to 25Gb abroad like the 'all you can eat' offers.
I have also got used to the way Vodafone works which, while not brilliant, is fit for purpose.
Been bitten by '3'

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The original deal published on the OP has been superceded on UKHOTDEALS.
Still with Vodafone, the current offer gives £288 back meaning a monthly charge (effectively) of £8 per month.

Vodafone 5G Sim Only - Unlimited Minutes and Texts, 100GB for £20pm (£288 cashback - effective £8pm - 24mo) @ Fonehouse
£480Fonehouse Deals

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Another thread with info on

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back