Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Following our last meet/gathering of the year I am delighted to announce that we have collected, and will be handing over the balance this week, a total of £1,100 to the Cairngorm Mountain Rescue Team.

I would like to thank everyone who has contributed from this forum.

The sum is made up of voluntary donations for nights spent at meets at Brin: £1,035. The balance of £65 is from other sundry donations, and a “round up” to make the total of £1,100.

We held 4 events this year, ranging from 3 visiting vans to 18. We reckon this amounted to approximately 115 van nights, which according to my calculations is not that far short of averaging an extraordinary £10 per van night. We have never set out to make our meets and gatherings fundraising events, and generally avoid raffles, quizzes etc., so, apart from the auction of a piece of donated jewellery, all this has been collected by generous donations.

We enjoy the meets enormously (we wouldn’t host them if we didn’t ) and have met some amazing people over the years.

Next year will be our 5th Anniversary and we hope to welcome back as many people as possible who have been before, as well, of course, as some new ones. I will be posting in the new year about them (if not before), but if, in the mean time, you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks again,

All the best and safe travels

Margaret & Angus

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Look forward to seeing everyone again at spring meet.:)

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Congratulations.

well done all of you

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Great result M&A,we tried to make it to one of your meets in 2012 and our plans fell apart. Hope to make the Spring meet this year as your efforts and good cause deserve support along with a good reason to enjoy a pint and good company at the Pub!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back