Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I agree, funds are converted virtually instantly. I have received my card but, unfortunately, back in UK so can not spend whilst enjoying the sunshine :crying1:
You can use it in UK unlike Caxton ;)
As long as you have a sterling balance it will give you the best rate at any ATM anywhere in the local currency too

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Tread very carefully and do a lot of homework before you buy in Spain. One very serious concern is that the British are no longer popular with the Spanish. It's now the turn of the Russians. We had a place over there but the costs and extra taxation was nearly trebled in 10 years. Beware of the hidden costs not many will reveal when purchasing also your compulsory will which they'll sting you for. Add on excessive bank charges and property taxes for non resident. If you need any help just PM me.

Well I have owned a Spanish property for the last 15 years and I am still waiting for the stuff you are talking about to happen. And as for the Spanish people thinking we are not "popular" we'll all I can say is that in my area Andalucia, (real Spain) in my opinion is tosh! The Spanish people are great and they like the English very much. Of course you may have lived in English Spain and I cannot comment on that, other than to say, if I was Spanish, yup the English would hack me off as they want....and do change Spain into little England.

Costs, council tax on 5 bed villa and 1 bed finca plus 3200 sq mts of land € 150 per year, car tax €45 per year, scooter tax €6 per year......need I go on....oh motorhome tax, I think it was €24 this year. Yes tax is high......very high!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I have my rate saved since July until I need them in January and got €1.39 not to fussed if the go up just didn't want them going down and new van costing more.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Screen shot of my phone just now
The live rate is on the top line and changes every couple of seconds
image.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Well I have owned a Spanish property for the last 15 years and I am still waiting for the stuff you are talking about to happen. And as for the Spanish people thinking we are not "popular" we'll all I can say is that in my area Andalucia, (real Spain) in my opinion is tosh! The Spanish people are great and they like the English very much. Of course you may have lived in English Spain and I cannot comment on that, other than to say, if I was Spanish, yup the English would hack me off as they want....and do change Spain into little England.

Costs, council tax on 5 bed villa and 1 bed finca plus 3200 sq mts of land € 150 per year, car tax €45 per year, scooter tax €6 per year......need I go on....oh motorhome tax, I think it was €24 this year. Yes tax is high......very high!

I have owned property in Spain (Andalucia) 'up in the hills' for many years and have always found the Spanish welcoming and friendly both pre and post 'banking crisis'. My 'council tax' might be a tad more than @Billy23 but the country is great. Where else can you walk into the town hall and be known by name even though you might not have been there for 6 months and be welocomed and treated very courtiously.....certainly not in UK.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I did a cycle tour of Andalucia in 2006 and the memory will last forever.
Pine cones as big as rugby balls in Sierra Nevada :Eeek:

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I did a cycle tour of Andalucia in 2006 and the memory will last forever.
Pine cones as big as rugby balls in Sierra Nevada :Eeek:

Yes, I have some fir trees and the pine cones are plentiful but help to keep the wood burner going in winter :)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I read reports a few months ago suggesting the euro could hit 1.5 to the pound before too long. No idea if it will happen?

Currently in the Canaries, so quite happy at 1.40.
Yo, are you in the camper over there ?

We've been twice on ferry and going again in 3 weeks :)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
One very serious concern is that the British are no longer popular with the Spanish. It's now the turn of the Russians.
The Russians popular anywhere other than Russia......man there really has to be some serious BS going on here somewhere :Eeek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
The Russians popular anywhere other than Russia......man there really has to be some serious BS going on here somewhere :Eeek:
40 years ago it was the same in Croatia as they loved the Germans/German Mark..
Got a good idea how my dad felt coming from Ireland to the UK in the 50's!

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Don't come up here then as last years MH tax was 139€ , fortunately last one as foc forever more(y) Car is 175€ year. :cry: Friend of a friend has same car & lives in Estepona, & pays 65€.:(

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Oh that I was as rich as you, I have to stay down the poor end :D
****ing rich ! I wish . It's no wonder Andalucia is doubly bankrupt with tax amounts like that .:LOL: No wonder the Catalunians hate you lot when it is there tax paying for it all.:LOL::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back