Wissant aire
Wissant aire

Wissant aire

General Information

Wissant aire is a free stopover well used by the Belgians and always full. Dont expect to turn up at 2300 hrs and expect a place. There is a dump but no water. The town is lovely and about 800 yards away with small shops and a PMU for chaser (y)
The beach is very clean and just beyond the town and it is about 20 minutes to the tunnel so a good first or last place for crossing La Manche.
Be careful about parking in the middle. Not too sure the childrens coaches still use...
You do not have permission to view the full content of this item. Log in or register now.

Comments

Great stopover and the best crepes at the beach front cafe about 15 minutes walk down to the beach.

Bring earplugs for those that ignore the rule it will be full from mid-afternoon onwards as you regularly get people driving in, around and out again in the middle of the night followed by the coach engines starting up around 6am.

Don't know wether to comment or not after my going on about gravelines, but I'm afraid we don't like this one, too crowded, very shaded , not as close to anything, buses, I know a lot like it and if you are heading south it is in the right direction but not for us I'm afraid :(

I’m with Orridge on this one. We use it a lot,10 km west of Calais and keeps you away from the immigrant problems.
Phil

Don't know wether to comment or not after my going on about gravelines, but I'm afraid we don't like this one, too crowded, very shaded , not as close to anything, buses, I know a lot like it and if you are heading south it is in the right direction but not for us I'm afraid :(
I’m with Orridge on this one. We use it a lot,10 km west of Calais and keeps you away from the immigrant problems.
Phil
I did read on one Motorhome website that there have been a few bike thefts off Motorhomes bike racks in the early hours so in view of this I have always avoided this one, I don’t know what the situation is like now.

I did read on one Motorhome website that there have been a few bike thefts off Motorhomes bike racks in the early hours so in view of this I have always avoided this one, I don’t know what the situation is like now.
I can only speak as I find and we have always found this aire safe and in a convenient place for the channel crossings. It’s a bit noisy around 7 am when the school buses start up.
Phil

Item information

Category
Aire
Added by
suavecarve
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Aire

More from suavecarve

Share this item