Rocamadour
Rocamadour

Rocamadour

General Information

A town built around a rock face with Roman Catholic significance in that it is on some form of pilgrims path, but you may have gathered I dont know much about that, but really like this place with its narrow streets.
It is steep, very steep and this needs consideration before going though there is a lift to get down.
At times where we have been there it has been free but dusty with no facilities
Going for a beer and watching the sunset is well worthy at the bar from where one of the photos...
You do not have permission to view the full content of this item. Log in or register now.

Comments

A friend of mine has a campsite near there and we have visited and loved it. When it's possible we want to go back.

Great place to visit ,there are a couple of parks but would think they will soon get very busy. Nice steady walk down the steps but it has to be bus or lift back up unless you are super fit , bit disappointed when lift stopped half way up and you had to pay again in the next lift to get you to the top.

Item information

Category
Don't Miss This
Added by
suavecarve
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Don't Miss This

• Saint Brevin Serpent
    If youre passing this way, worth a stop to look at the serpent in the sea which looks different...
  • Pont D'arc Ardeche
    Natural rock bridge over the river Ardeche for classic photos which gets very busy with...
  • Chamonix
    The town has gone against motorhomes now but on the way out there is a place to park on the side...
  • Oradour Sur Glane
    French village that is infamous for not having anything done to it and left as it was after the...
  • Versailles
    I have marked up where I firmly believe you can park for the day. We parked on the road but we...

More from suavecarve

Share this item

Alan Kerr,
“LockMout,”
Direct Motorhome Services
“AS
Rhino Installs
Back