French PCR Tests (1 Viewer)

SteveD1

Free Member
Aug 23, 2021
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Hi
We are returning to England on Sunday 19th Sept via Eurotunnel and need to get a pre travel PCR test. We have looked at the French web site of places that offer them but have not been able to book a test as the places we will be near never come up.

Does anyone know how easy this is and where to get the test done.

Thanks

OP
OP
S

SteveD1

Free Member
Aug 23, 2021
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Thanks for letting me know. Was the pharmacy in Calais or Sangette? Is this standard at all phamacies?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
This may help

<Broken link removed>

Cheers
Red

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
What would happen if someone tested positive? Presumably they could not travel but would the pharmacy just say to isolate or would there be something more formal to ensure a person did isolate?

I am thinking of going to France and wouldn't need a fixed return date but being stuck until testing negative could be an issue.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi
We are returning to England on Sunday 19th Sept via Eurotunnel and need to get a pre travel PCR test. We have looked at the French web site of places that offer them but have not been able to book a test as the places we will be near never come up.

Does anyone know how easy this is and where to get the test done.

Thanks
You don't need a PCR test you need an Antigen test plus a day two PCR test prebooked for when you return.BUSBY.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
You can select an area on this website and it will list testing centres and nearby pharmacies that will do the antigen test

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I guess you get whatever test the pharmacy is offering, but reports seem to say people get the results quickly, so it is not going to be PCR.

To therefore amplify my question above if one gets a positive LFD or Lamp test at a pharmacy, do the authorities insist you take a PCR test and then what happens if it is positive?

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Thanks for letting me know. Was the pharmacy in Calais or Sangette? Is this standard at all phamacies?
We sailed from St Malo and used a pharmacy there, but you can have it done 2 days before (if I remember correctly) so stop in towns along your journey, I am sure you will find a pharmacy that do tests. Price is capped at 29 euros apparently

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
We used a nhs
What would happen if someone tested positive? Presumably they could not travel but would the pharmacy just say to isolate or would there be something more formal to ensure a person did isolate?

I am thinking of going to France and wouldn't need a fixed return date but being stuck until testing negative could be an issue.
test before we went , just in case

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000

94D70ACD-6F7D-475E-A85B-BD5267E29E65.jpeg

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I guess you get whatever test the pharmacy is offering, but reports seem to say people get the results quickly, so it is not going to be PCR.

To therefore amplify my question above if one gets a positive LFD or Lamp test at a pharmacy, do the authorities insist you take a PCR test and then what happens if it is positive?
Best people to ask is the French Government.BUSBY.

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
I don’t understand why test before you go? Or do you mean you ordered a test before you went for using on your way back?

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I don’t understand why test before you go? Or do you mean you ordered a test before you went for using on your way back?
Me neither since the only test you will be doing is the one you must take at a test centre or pharmacy before arriving back in the U.K.
I suppose it could give peace of mind to test negative before going abroad but is irrelevant/valueless once you arrive abroad.
You can of course order the 2nd day test to be delivered to you in U.K to use on day 2 after your return.

Last edited:

Deleted User
You don't need a PCR test you need an Antigen test plus a day two PCR test prebooked for when you return.BUSBY.
Don't need PCR test for day2 return, antigen is ok. France now on Amber list.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Don't need PCR test for day2 return, antigen is ok. France now on Amber list.
Do you have to pre book it to show ref no On your PLF or can you just get a test locally at home.BUSBY.

Deleted User
Do you have to pre book it to show ref no On your PLF or can you just get a test locally at home.BUSBY.
Must be pre booked as reference number required for PLF form

Deleted User
Not what it says on uk gov site.Says day 2 must be PCR.
France is Amber list as is Spain, we returned from Spain and did day 2 antigen tests.

Please show link that requires PCR test.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
France is Amber list as is Spain, we returned from Spain and did day 2 antigen tests.

Sorry but don't know how to share but it definitely said pcr test.I can only find suppliers of PCR tests for day 2.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

Where did you order your day 2 antigen tests from,,BUSBY.

Deleted User
Where did you order your day 2 antigen tests from,,BUSBY.

We used Expert Medicals, there is another thread running about this, the cost for home test is now £28 inc p&p.

General consensus seems to be that getting the reference number for the PLF is more important than the actual test for anyone returning to the UK.

If you do a search I'm sure the thread will come up.

The government web sites are very confusing and some contain outdated information.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back