Speedy gonzalez! (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Pffff anyone on here? Auto trail tag axle 08 reg, Ducato 150 multi jet , late for the ferry I guess? Over more then 20 miles doing 75/ 80 miles an hour, hardly getting out of the fast lane, really? Start the journey a bit earlier next time?🤷🏻‍♂️

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
Pffff anyone on here? Auto trail tag axle 08 reg, Ducato 150 multi jet , late for the ferry I guess? Over more then 20 miles doing 75/ 80 miles an hour, hardly getting out of the fast lane, really? Start the journey a bit earlier next time?🤷🏻‍♂️

How do you know if your weren’t doing similar?

OP
OP
D
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
How do you know if your weren’t doing similar?
Heavy traffic, and keeping to the speed limit obviously 😇, and him getting further ahead all the time, and I was not in a MH, people driving a big MH like that are asking for trouble, but that’s only my opinion of course…..👀

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Heavy traffic, and keeping to the speed limit obviously 😇, and him getting further ahead all the time, and I was not in a MH, people driving a big MH like that are asking for trouble, but that’s only my opinion of course…..👀
Depends on the setup, we have full air suspension and our van is perfectly stable at those speeds although I tend to cruise a bit slower.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
70mph on a motorway is quite legal and as Lenny HB said an indicated 70 on a vehicle speedo will only be about 67mph.
If he was pulling away from you he might have been a tad over the limit but perhaps not by much.
I remember being held on the M20 following an accident in front and getting more and more agitated about missing our train. Once the traffic was released, after more than an hour, we went like a bat out of hell to try and make up time. I didn’t go mad but was straying a bit over 70 rather than my usual 60-65.
When we got to the terminal, just in time by a minute or two, they said they knew about the accident and it wasn’t a problem if we had been late.

Richard.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
We saw some knob doing the same thing the other Sunday down the M11 towards London, lane changing and driving way to close to the cars in front.

OP
OP
D
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
We saw some knob doing the same thing the other Sunday down the M11 towards London, lane changing and driving way to close to the cars in front.
Yip this one was weaving over two lanes, keeping no distance what’s so ever and doing up to 80, and that is conservative estimate, I said to my other half, late for the ferry or he has stolen it, he has no chance if there is a sudden need to go on the brakes with force, it’s ok that they endanger themselves but if you are the car in front of it with your family in it, then it is all over, what’s the point of driving a MH like that, your suppose to relax, if you want to race, sign up for a track day and use another vehicle🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP
D
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Bliney, start a thread, get a kicking.

I'm with Dutch 68 and it gets me when people drive their vans like morons.

M25 is a good place to witness this.

Just MHO.
As said , it’s their own choice but endangering other people is not ok in my books, it’s not the kind of vehicle to race with. I am in no hurry when driving a big vehicle but being class 1 trained I have seen enough misery caused by idiots, spend a lot of time on the road and speed, distance and use of phones is the cause of most accidents, and these are easy to control if you use your brain, I ride a Ducati motorcycle too, riding a motorbike gives you some extra senses too, needed to survive on a bike……

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
When your on a bike be it motor or pedal you have to treat everyone like they’re complete idiots and are gonna not see you.
A colleague bought a motor bike years ago, I told him to make sure he could see people actually looking at him when he came up to a junction.
A few weeks after getting the bike some idiot stopped right in front of him knocking him off the bike.
He said what you told me was good advice..

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
It not the speed that worries me, its the braking in an emergency. Of all the motorhomes I have owned, 4 of them new Ducato's none have what I consider to be good brakes.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
How did you get the worlds most accurate Fiat speedo? :LOL:
More like it will read 78 when doing 70.
But it’s a Carthago (Fiat) speedo.
It's bound to be far more accurate than the average. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Richard.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
When your on a bike be it motor or pedal you have to treat everyone like they’re complete idiots and are gonna not see you.
A colleague bought a motor bike years ago, I told him to make sure he could see people actually looking at him when he came up to a junction.
A few weeks after getting the bike some idiot stopped right in front of him knocking him off the bike.
He said what you told me was good advice..
My advice to anyone who is just getting started on a Scooter or Motorbike is assume that all car drivers haven’t seen you as they probably haven’t.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back