France red list (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If France is red list now does that mean Foreign Office advice will have changed so that travel insurance will no longer cover/be valid?
It isn't red just a shade of amber.
Also Gov website says you can only enter the UK from a red country through an airport. I don't think they have a plan yet for the tunnel if France goes red.
That's why they didn't make it red as they have no way of caging the returnee's in hovels.

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Is it true that if a country goes on the red list you can only enter Uk via an airport

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
FYI: https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-...nd-the-UK#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France

Screenshot 2021-07-17 at 17.39.32.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
So you don’t need to get a test to travel now. ? Save a few quid (y)
Just the potential 10 day quarantine on returning

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
If you were to enter France for 7 days then transited through to Spain for a further 25 days and returned to the UK via Bilbao would you be exempt from quarantining assuming you test negative on departure from Spain and again on day two once your home

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Is it true that if a country goes on the red list you can only enter Uk via an airport
No , you can pay the 10k fine & enter anywhere.:giggle: but if you want to placate the scum then here's the only ways in;

Where you can arrive​

If you’re required to quarantine in a managed quarantine hotel you can only arrive in England at certain ports of entry. Currently these are:

• Heathrow Airport
  • Gatwick Airport
  • London City Airport
  • Birmingham Airport
  • Bristol Airport
  • Farnborough Airport
  • Biggin Hill Airport
They hide this halfway down the 'Hotel quarantine' info. Only way I found it, without reading all & everyting on obscure links, was a link from an Irish citizens advice page

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/booking...en-you-arrive-in-england#where-you-can-arrive

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
If you were to enter France for 7 days then transited through to Spain for a further 25 days and returned to the UK via Bilbao would you be exempt from quarantining assuming you test negative on departure from Spain and again on day two once your home
Yes-You'd only have to have 10 clear days in spain

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Well I am going. I'm booked.

Anyone who thinks this is a sensible solution really needs to wake up. I am astounded by how many people are happy to take this crap from the government(s) around the world.

YOU CAN NOT CONTROL THIS VIRUS

This virus controls us, not the other way round. Look at Australia, now in chaos, brutal lockdowns. The most brutal lockdown of all was in Chile where if you were caught outside with no mask you were ordered to dig graves. No country has done worse or better than any other, they might think they have ATM but long term they haven't. And yes I include NZ wait and see.

Coronovirus is a nasty virus for a tiny amount of the population, some will die from it, much more will die with it.

But in the past 100 days combined the total amount of deaths from CV19 has not exceed just 1 day yes 1 day of Cancer deaths. It ranks at anywhere between 12th and 19th depending on the time of year of things that kill.

People who are happy with the amount of control that this government has stolen from people just amazes me. Being told you can't hug someone? being told you can't see an elderly relative? being told how often you can go out? even if you are allowed to make money? being told you can't go to a funeral?

On Monday, my mask comes off and I can't wait. I've done my bit and more than my share over the past 18 months but it has to end and at last the government have something right. You can not simply carry on talking about CV19 it has to end at some point so it ends now as far as I'm concerned. We live with it, some will fear it more than others, most will take personal responsibility.

Whatever happens, the last time something so divisive as this appeared, it began with B and ended with it. que a load of people telling those not wearing masks that they are selfish and ignorant, rallies for the vaccinated only, pubs for people who have been tested, the list will go on and on.
One of the things that really bothers me is- have we sleepwalked into 1984?

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
If youre staying in shengen for 90 days I wouldn't worry about it going red as it will keep changing anyway . This will be going on for years till people start doing more than complaining on internet. So its either never leave the house or just go for it. Ill be heading back to greece start of october unless i can't physically leave the country
Are you planning Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey? To circumvent the 90 day rule?

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Why oh why are people moaning about this?

I still maintain that you'd need to be braindead, stupid or plain ignorant to head abroad during a pandemic, the country you travel to might be behaving perfectly & doing the same things as your own country, but the virus DOES NOT RESPECT BORDERS & you might cause hundreds or thousands of deaths by spreading a new unknown variant of the virus. Of course the idiots won't blame themselves, its always someone else's fault & how could they possibly be spreading death & misery, WAKE UP.
The TV news is full of moaning faced idiots who are blaming everyone but themselves for their totally unnecessary travel being disrupted, bless their wee cottons.

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years

I still maintain that you'd need to be braindead, stupid or plain ignorant to head abroad during a pandemic, the country you travel to might be behaving perfectly & doing the same things as your own country, but the virus DOES NOT RESPECT BORDERS & you might cause hundreds or thousands of deaths by spreading a new unknown variant of the virus. Of course the idiots won't blame themselves, its always someone else's fault & how could they possibly be spreading death & misery, WAKE UP.
The TV news is full of moaning faced idiots who are blaming everyone but themselves for their totally unnecessary travel being disrupted, bless their wee cottons.
I am neither brain dead, stupid or plain ignorant thank you very much, I may not have much life left, I do risk assessments and act accordingly, the worst place I was at risk was at home, where everyone bleats about wearing a mask, doesn’t even understand 2 metre rule and generally doesn’t give a dam about spreading Covid

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

This post is so far off the mark it is not even worth a response.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09

Youre calling an awful lot of funsters braindead, stupid or ignorant.

As for the borders not being crossed, is that parish, council, county or national borders that you dont cross ?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Youre calling an awful lot of funsters braindead, stupid or ignorant.

As for the borders not being crossed, is that parish, council, county or national borders that you dont cross ?
I remember when there was no borders ....ahh them were the days

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Hmmmm. Lets agree to disagree shall we?

But from the tone of this I don't expect you to respect my decision to be in France in my van. I respect your opinion, and your right to hold it, so I will refrain from slinging insults.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Jan 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Lunar roadstar 786
Interesting comments above, however,

I can currently get on a plane to Spain with 300 people from the U.K. which has the highest case numbers in Europe, stay in hotel and mix with thousands of people in clubs and puds, then fly back

but!!!

if I go to France in my own vehicle and stay on a campsite in France which has lower cases than Spain, I need to quarantine for 10 days and pay a big pharma company nearly £200 for tests that cost less than a fiver.

absolute political bullshit from Johnson!! The beta variant is barely in France. It’s mainly in French territories 1000’s of miles from France, but still in the official French numbers. Think it’s time to get off joke Island!!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

and this may well be the correct answer. How do we know? They're not sharing any of the logic and are expecting us to follow without question, like sheep.

Boris has definitely backed himself into a corner with some pretty foolish decisions : not closing the Indian transport links, football, freedom day and even the G7 where high profile political types spread the executive version. To now close France while keeping Spain and Portugal open in the exact opposite of the data while claiming to be following the science would in other circumstances be surprising its now looking like pure political gamesmanship.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back