Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2011
Coventry. England
Funster No
MH
Bessacar
Exp
Since 2009
Currently on Hurn Lane, Burnham-On-Sea on Sea Caravan and Motorhome site enjoying our first break in the last year or so, only to have it spoilt with Selfish/Ignorant/inconsiderate dog owners.
The site has the usual dedicated dog walking area, but some, not all owners can’t be bothered to use the facility, instead parade their dogs around the road access areas allowing their pooch to wee and c**p were ever they like. It’s not a case of owner controlling dog, but dog controlling owner.
.Had one owner today who allowed his dog to come on to our pitch, attracted to a tree next to our habitation door, wee and then c**p, saying “good boy”. I confronted the owner, who apologised and collected the dumping. It’s not the first time this has happened with dogs, even on leads, wondering on to pitches, with owners following them

Im not a dog hater, love dogs having owned a couple before, it’s the owners that are the problem. Also shouldn’t there be some limit to the number of dogs allowed per pitch we have a number of pitches with four dogs on them

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
The pitch invasions will continue and it’s not just dog walkers . I’ve got used to it now , must be new to camping scene and not understand the rules I guess .

Deleted User
Even worse is the dog owners who collect up the dog mess in a plastic bag and then leave it on the path or adjacent wall, this seems to be getting a common problem and one dog owner tried to defended their action by saying the council hadn't provided any bins.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am so glad I don't have any need, psychological, physical or other, to "own" another living thing, restricting its movement by tying it to a bit of cord as I walk around with it, occasionally talking to it in a silly, baby like voice, whilst claiming to be its "Daddy".

JJ :cool:

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
As for pitch invasions,,only two weeks ago we were sitting outside the Moho,and a woman walked straight across our pitch 4ft from where we sitting,,,I said to her “ are you stopping for dinner?” She rudely said “what? I told her as she was on our pitch, I thought she mind want feeding,,,she stared at me with as much venom she could muster and carried on,,,,,I really couldnt believe it,,made me laugh anyway,,(y)

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
As dog owners this annoys us as well. The only club site we use regularly has a small on site dog walk despite there being a large field adjacent, but people still walk around the site with their dogs on long leads, wandering on to pitches. Wish the wardens would enforce the 2 metre lead rule as officiously as they enforce some other rules.
Fortunately, our pitch doesn’t get affected as our dog guards his pitch against all invaders (properly restrained by a 2 metre lead attached to our van).

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
On my jog this morning, I passed the motorhome parking at Rowntrees Park. A man with two big labradors came out of the site and the dogs immediately cr***ed on the pavement. He made no attempt to pick up the mess so I doubled back and shouted after him to pick up the mess he was responsible for. He looked back, and stuck up his middle finger to me and walked on back into the site.
I’m no longer of an age or desire to go and give someone, who gives me the middle finger, a slap. But there was a time, not all that far back, when such behaviour would have led to me taking steps. A sign of the times. 😩

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
I walk my dog on the roadways due to mobility problems, I collect her donated gifts, not a lot you can do if it wants to go. Ok I only have a Chihuahua so both sins are not that big. Plenty of places to dispose of the bag, that is what gets me.
You should have gone to Warren-Farm they have dog free areas, you wont stop the fellow camper walking through your pitch though.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
But there was a time, not all that far back, when such behaviour would have led to me taking steps.

I, for one, am delighted you have moved on from those earlier days...

If you had gone and given him a "slap" what good would it have done?

Surely he still would have let his dog crap wherever and not picked up.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm sure there are selfish ignorant people of all walks of life, thankfully they are a tiny minority.

Someone exercising their dog on my pitch would get short shrift. But I can never get upset about cutting a corner or walking over my pitch. I get it, I don't do it myself, but I don't get upset when it happens.

Over the years I've seen loads of shouts about it, more than one blazing row and at least one fight. But I just can't get worked up about it. Maybe its years of wild camping. Tuggers especially seem to be paranoid about fencing in their pitch. Nowt so queer as folk as they say around here.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I am so glad I don't have any need, psychological, physical or other, to "own" another living thing, restricting its movement by tying it to a bit of cord as I walk around with it, occasionally talking to it in a silly, baby like voice, whilst claiming to be its "Daddy".

Don't always agree with your posts, but on this one, I couldn't have put it better.
(y)(y)(y)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Just like there has been an increase in motorhomers and tuggers,so has there been an increase in dog ownership due to WFH………….be careful where you tread!

There will soon be a thread about loud music,noisy kids,footballs on my pitch,drunks ,late night parties,smelly barbecues,barking dogs, gawd knows what else. What joy! Oh,and we haven’t had a gassing thread for ages,have we,maybe that’s just for those in France. :ROFLMAO:

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Just like there has been an increase in motorhomers and tuggers,so has there been an increase in dog ownership due to WFH………….be careful where you tread!

There will soon be a thread about loud music,noisy kids,footballs on my pitch,drunks ,late night parties,smelly barbecues,barking dogs, gawd knows what else. What joy! Oh,and we haven’t had a gassing thread for ages,have we,maybe that’s just for those in France. :ROFLMAO:

Gassing and face masks - do keep up!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

And calling them FUR BABIES,,wats that all about.BUSBY.😄

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
We camp at dog shows in the main BUT we did have a few days at Jims place at Sutton on sea, we put a fence up so the dogs have some freedom I know that some sites do allow this, it does keep the neighbours off you pitch as well
20170607_203918_001.jpg

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I, for one, am delighted you have moved on from those earlier days...

If you had gone and given him a "slap" what good would it have done?

Surely he still would have let his dog crap wherever and not picked up.

JJ-I absolutely agree with you. I'm not condoning "giving a slap" or any violence.

However, where I was raised (South Africa in the 1960s and 1970s) giving someone "a sign" was effectively calling someone out for a fight. And I had plenty of those!

I'm very pleased to have moved on and will only physically get involved if I or someone close to me is attacked or threatened. But I still get pretty angry when someone clearly in the wrong tells me to "eff off".

A leopard doesn't change his spots.;)(see my avatar).

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I see getting upset if someone walks across your pitch a bit like getting possessive over a prostitute

Some one else will be using it tomorrow!

I have however, seen my wife drop kick a poodle off our pitch once, big spiral in the air! It crapped on our pitch, Lyn tried to grab it as it was hunkering down for a second dollop and it bit her.......Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! it went!

Its owners upped stumps and left

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I see getting upset if someone walks across your pitch a bit like getting possessive over a prostitute

Some one else will be using it tomorrow!

I have however, seen my wife drop kick a poodle off our pitch once, big spiral in the air! It crapped on our pitch, Lyn tried to grab it as it was hunkering down for a second dollop and it bit her.......Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! it went!

Its owners upped stumps and left
Can you get your wife to train the English rugby squad how to drop kick? 🪖😀

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
CAMC actually ask you to avoid walking over others' pitches as part of their Covid procedures.
But I guess people can't read, or don't think it applies to them.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
CAMC actually ask you to avoid walking over others' pitches as part of their Covid procedures.
But I guess people can't read, or don't think it applies to them.
You should have seen Meadowhell this week. Despite large chevrons on the floor denoting one-way systems people were just ignoring them. Stairways cordoned off for up and down didn't stop them going on the wrong side and at one of the entrances massive barriers with accompanying signage saying no entry being ignored by a whole family. Rules aren't for these people. :mad:

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020

Depends on your point of view really doesn't it? Personally, I'm so glad that I saved the life of another living creature, that had had his leg broken, been abandoned in the middle of the night and was effectively living his life in a canine version of Guantanamo Bay, possibly awaiting death by lethal injection for the crime of "being alive". As my dog has just jumped out of his "pool", given me a slobbery lick before flopping into his bed in his own, private space, I don't think he minds it too much either to be honest with you.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
We camp at dog shows in the main BUT we did have a few days at Jims place at Sutton on sea, we put a fence up so the dogs have some freedom I know that some sites do allow this, it does keep the neighbours off you pitch as well View attachment 511943
Looks like you have a vicious motorhome that has to be caged:giggle:

OP
OP
BASA47
Sep 18, 2011
Coventry. England
Funster No
MH
Bessacar
Exp
Since 2009
It seems I’ve caused a bit of a stir on this matter, I don’t advocate violence but a sharp tone of voice helps. Dog owners know their pets habits and the tell tell signs when they are going to wee or c**p, this guy made no attempt to stop his dog in fact encouraged him. Bet his neighbours at home love him when he takes his little precious for walkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back