Mercedes vario 814 self build bus to FLT palace (2 Viewers)

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
It begs the question in the future should there be a button where the original thread starter can stop someone posting on THEIR thread. You are deliberately being annoying and disruptive mate I woulrnt have the audacity to do it.
A censorship button you mean...great idea 🙄

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
No, I let those who shout loudest make a dick of themselve.
Those who shout loudest might have something to say although how you know whether I’m shouting on a texting medium is beyond me....perhaps you are shouting...perhaps you are whispering...I have no idea...but the MEMBERS gag was a classic ! Keep em coming ! I’m writing them all down...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Those who shout loudest might have something to say although how you know whether I’m shouting on a texting medium is beyond me....perhaps you are shouting...perhaps you are whispering...I have no idea...but the MEMBERS gag was a classic ! Keep em coming ! I’m writing them all down...
Look, it works.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
I wouldn't be surprised if Tam stopped updating this thread.
It'd be a pity but I wouldn't blame him.
Nah...he loves all the forums and comments (obviously not mine) ....keeps him going....he’s tried to bow out a few times but keeps coming back...he’s addicted....likes the attention....and why not....we all like a bit of attention....I’m much more likely to leave (hurrah I hear you cry)....anyway I’m still touring Greece...2 hours ahead so off to the land of nod...back to rusty crossmembers 😊💤

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This is why ive said for a few years that there should be a block button on this forum.

I don't need to post here , i have in total 8 social media accounts all of which i can block idiots on if they act like big attention seeking arseholes.

Its almost like instead people like the drama on here and the fighting which would be fixed simply if you could block the person.

Ignoring them doesnt work and it still allows the offending arsehole to see and enjoy the content ...the only thing it does is stop the person who's ignoring them see them.

Over the last 3 years ive uploaded nearly 15000 photographs to this site ...ive had quite a few long running threads which i know many have enjoyed .....thats my reason for creating them ...it certainly isnt for attention ....i can get that elsewhere for zero cost.

I reckon i use about 15 to 20 gb of data each month uploading stuff on here which actually costs me time and money .... and frankly ive got to the stage now where i think why bother.
I currently have neither the patience nor the spoons to tolerate trolls and pedantic childish assholes who think they can do as they please because they are desperate for attention ....

I cant actually delete my account on here .... believe me I've tried before with other trolls .

But i can block it from my internet search engines.

I find it ridiculous that ive been blocked for a couple of years now from a few forums on this site yet certain assholes that provide nothing positive get free reign.

I tend to stick mainly to my oen threads because i can also avoid the sexist, racist, homophobes that ive also come accross on here that i cant block.

Ive made a few good friends on here thats for sure but ive other ways of keeping in touch with them which i will do ....and who knows if a block button is set up on here eventually one of them might let me know but until then

Im out 👍

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Yes I agree...an open forum....not a forum for Prima Donna’s who because they disagree with what someone posts throw their toys out of the pram and say well it’s MY thread and you go away because I don’t like what you say...it’s not anybody's thread...it’s an open forum. It would be very boring if everyone had a specific thread which only allowed comments based on one persons viewpoint.....whether that person started the thread or not. Tam has made plenty of comments whether it be about Scottish Independence, Br**it, or privacy depriving drones on lots of threads and is entitled to do so.....but it is NOT his thread...it is A thread on an open forum....there are closed forums like being down the pub with a bunch of mates discussing something and you don’t expect a random person to butt in (although I wouldn’t mind that personally) but this is an open forum not a pub...
Blimey,,not often some one agrees with me. Think I am ignored on Tams thread because I upset him,, nothing I would call serious or in my world upsetting but you know how delicate some are ☺️..If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
It begs the question in the future should there be a button where the original thread starter can stop someone posting on THEIR thread. You are deliberately being annoying and disruptive mate I woulrnt have the audacity to do it.
Then it's not democratic it's a Dictatorship.BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Sorry but just can’t stand all this “it’s my thread stuff and you go away”. It’s like being at Speakers Corner at Hyde Park and someone shouting out a comment to the guy on the soap box and then being told to go away (showing my age here of course....is Speakers Corner still operating ?). It stifles debate and is censorship....and boring....who wants to stand on Speakers Corner and listen to a soliloquy !
Mardy arses comes to mind BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Sounds like a comment from Kier Starmer,,BUSBY.🤣

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Anybody know how I can now follow Tams build I was looking forward to it developing and seeing the progress?

Go to the top of this page and click on "Watch" and choose to receive emails.

1621144969756.png

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for that it says”unwatch” on mine though where it says watch on yours?

I see the difference now, it is that you have posted in this thread and I had not, and I now have the "Unwatch" too as I have now posted.

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
Tam, please don't let an attention seeker that obviously has non of the skills and drive you possess, stop you from continuing to update your progress on the new van (and or travels).

Those that can, do, and those that can't, talk about it.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Oh dear oh deary me! I could see that coming,but couldn’t do anything about it........ very frustrating.

Ive no idea what causes it.....testosterone? alcohol? envy? stupidity? poor judgement? But whatever it is,falling out on a forum about motorhomes is very sad.

I shall greatly miss Tam’s thread,and hope he returns when the dust has settled.

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
This is why ive said for a few years that there should be a block button on this forum.

I don't need to post here , i have in total 8 social media accounts all of which i can block idiots on if they act like big attention seeking arseholes.

Its almost like instead people like the drama on here and the fighting which would be fixed simply if you could block the person.

Ignoring them doesnt work and it still allows the offending arsehole to see and enjoy the content ...the only thing it does is stop the person who's ignoring them see them.

Over the last 3 years ive uploaded nearly 15000 photographs to this site ...ive had quite a few long running threads which i know many have enjoyed .....thats my reason for creating them ...it certainly isnt for attention ....i can get that elsewhere for zero cost.

I reckon i use about 15 to 20 gb of data each month uploading stuff on here which actually costs me time and money .... and frankly ive got to the stage now where i think why bother.
I currently have neither the patience nor the spoons to tolerate trolls and pedantic childish assholes who think they can do as they please because they are desperate for attention ....

I cant actually delete my account on here .... believe me I've tried before with other trolls .

But i can block it from my internet search engines.

I find it ridiculous that ive been blocked for a couple of years now from a few forums on this site yet certain assholes that provide nothing positive get free reign.

I tend to stick mainly to my oen threads because i can also avoid the sexist, racist, homophobes that ive also come accross on here that i cant block.

Ive made a few good friends on here thats for sure but ive other ways of keeping in touch with them which i will do ....and who knows if a block button is set up on here eventually one of them might let me know but until then

Im out 👍

There is a two way ignore feature which is basically a block button, you won’t see their content and they can’t see yours.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Don’t stop posting Tam. I for one am enjoying reading your build. Don’t let the ones that couldn’t do what you’re doing stop you updating this thread. The ones winding you up probably haven’t ever rebuilt a vehicle in their lives. The ones trying to tell you how you should do it have probably never built a camper van in their lives either.
Don’t let them spoil it for us that are genuinely interested in your build.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Sorry guys for losing patience ....@jim is now saying that the ignore function stops the person from viewing or commenting on the thread which must be a new feature as it didn't do that before.....but if it does then fair enough.

I certainly can no longer see any of the comments so im guessing jim has put him on ignore for me as I didn't.

Anyway im well aware that im rapidly becoming a grumpy old git but i just can't see the point in folk following a thread if it doesn't interest them or going out their way to purposely derail it or just wind folk up for a reaction.

Ill update it when theres something to post 👍

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Isn’t it strange how interaction on “social” media can quickly degenerate from exchanging information to slagging each other off?

Most people wouldn’t act like this in a face-to-face situation. Maybe Facebook “injects” folk with inhibition suppressing drugs. Sort of like date rape :-(

Let the build continue…

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back