London Ultra Low Emission Zone being extended (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
If you are daft enough to want to live in that festering heap Called London and vote in someone like Kahn you are excused the right to complain JMHO
as london is my home and no i didnt vote for kahn i do resent being called daft as you dont even list where your from can i assume your ashamed of it?

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Difficult to answer. TFL has been put into a situation whereby it has had to continue running a complete service so as to enable Key Workers to get their workplace. I would suggest the government has an obligation to continue to bail out them and other authorities around the country. Cancel HS2 - stop the ridiculous cycle schemes - stop spending on unnecessary projects. What annoys me is he seems to have carte blanche to introduce this kind of stuff as and when he feels like it and at my expense basically telling me if I want to travel from my house to Catford (a journey of two miles) I need to change my car or pay £12:50.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
To be fair, it's not his fault.

The previous mayor was prosecuted for permitting levels of pollution way over the world legal limits and even over the UK legal limits.
The previous mayor set up the central London congestion zone (which was free to EV's) but baulked on setting up the LEZ and ULEZ zones as he knew it would cost him votes.
The previous mayor lost the mayoral election in anycase, as all be did was blame his predecessor for anything that went wrong (such as not building enough houses). After 8 years in power he left the new mayor, Khan, with 3,000 house planned, should have been 30,000.

Previous Mayors name ? Boris Johnson......
actually the LEZ was brought in by ken livingstone boris actually removed a section when he took office

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
if its about saving lives does the 12.50 a day charge to drive in with a non compliant vehicle make Kahn an accessory to murder?
No you've hit the nail on the head. It is about money and very little to do with pollution.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Yet another thread governed by politics

There is not a lot happening on the Motorhome front so we need threads about travel (which this is) or being charged for doing so. This will soon become the norm around the UK - if we let it!

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Difficult to answer. TFL has been put into a situation whereby it has had to continue running a complete service so as to enable Key Workers to get their workplace. I would suggest the government has an obligation to continue to bail out them and other authorities around the country. Cancel HS2 - stop the ridiculous cycle schemes - stop spending on unnecessary projects. What annoys me is he seems to have carte blanche to introduce this kind of stuff as and when he feels like it and at my expense basically telling me if I want to travel from my house to Catford (a journey of two miles) I need to change my car or pay £12:50.
Whats wrong with walking or cycling? These are suggestioned by the government instead of using cars.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
The question was how would you raise funds, not simply ask the whole of the country to pay for London's transport.
Londons transport tends to be part of a national network, I live in deepest darkest Essex and occasionally use the underground as most of the commuters hollidaymakers and tourists from around the country do so it isn't exclusively for Londoners. All national transport should be supported by the Government in this current crisis.

Nov 15, 2013
Rochester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5years Motorhome. 25yr tugger
It’s not all about people visiting London. Many millions of people live and work inside the new proposed ulez and have 4 year old plus diesel vehicles which are non compliant. Many bought because the government recommended them at the time. In the current climate it is very hard for these people to upgrade. I have a business inside the proposed ulez. We have 4 vehicles that have to be replaced and business is not great at the moment. I agree that emissions need to be reduced but this will happen naturally over time as the older vehicles are replaced. Vehicles that do the most miles in the ulez are delivery vehicles and these are mainly newish compliant vehicles anyway.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
as london is my home and no i didnt vote for kahn i do resent being called daft as you dont even list where your from can i assume your ashamed of it?
My location is given "J10 M40" as you state you didn't vote for Kahn , so failed to fulfil both criteria , no need for resentment , anyway it was just an opinion , and those don't carry much weight anyway :)

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Ninjabob the proposed charge is £5:50 pd ☹️
Can’t use the bus for shopping as it’s 1000yards to bus stop but it’s come back with shopping that’s the problem☹️
We don’t want to but have to think about moving or sell the motorhome we are in a tiswas about it needs some serious thought 🤔🤔

Aug 28, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
None at the mo.
That is a bone of contention right now.
The current Mayor of London (Khan) wants to keep it all
The former Mayor of London (Boris) wants to keep it all
I guess they will agree a split somewhere in the middle
Thanks for that but do we know exactly how and what the money is spent on (y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
There was a Polish lorry in the RDC I was in today with the new French stickers on it, horrible looking things, no way are they going to make any difference at all and I can't imagine those on the thread about it being happy to have them on their pride and joys.
Any cyclist with half a brain should know they will always come of worse colliding with a motor vehicle,,why do they need a sticker to tell them the obvious? BUSBY.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
its spent on the thousands of miles of cycle paths
Thank goodness for that, for a minute I thought it was being wasted on the bus and tube network :rolleyes:
Since you appear so knowledgeable, whereabouts are the 1000's of mile of cycle route? I can only find about just over 500 in the whole of London.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
The tonnage of goods needed to feed a city the size of London is mind boggling, and then there is the waste to come back out. How it could be done with out hgvs I have no idea, as I am sure that the residents of London would not be interested in cutting back on what they already receive.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thank goodness for that, for a minute I thought it was being wasted on the bus and tube network :rolleyes:
Since you appear so knowledgeable, whereabouts are the 1000's of mile of cycle route? I can only find about just over 500 in the whole of London.
500 too many.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
List of the 900km's of London cycle routes here

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
The tonnage of goods needed to feed a city the size of London is mind boggling, and then there is the waste to come back out. How it could be done with out hgvs I have no idea, as I am sure that the residents of London would not be interested in cutting back on what they already receive.
London is also a port.
Much of the non recyclable rubbish is hauled out by barge. The Rainham Landfill in Essex gets 1,700,000 tonnes of rubbish added each year. They have been building a hill there for as many years as I can remember

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
London is also a port.
Much of the non recyclable rubbish is hauled out by barge. The Rainham Landfill in Essex gets 1,700,000 tonnes of rubbish added each year. They have been building a hill there for as many years as I can remember
There is a lot of London not near the Thames port though, the logistics is just huge for a city like that.

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
It has already been stated, if it's about pollution then vehicles of certain types, those that create most pollution should be banned, it shouldn't be about ability to pay.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It has already been stated, if it's about pollution then vehicles of certain types, those that create most pollution should be banned, it shouldn't be about ability to pay.
True,,,they are saying pollution is ok if your rich.BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back