Dentist (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Wife has managed to get to actually see a Dentist. With out going to much into it I know medical notes go from Dr to Dr. But if you see a Private Dentist who owns all the notes, files, xrays that sort of stuff if we move half way through treatment can she ask for the to show new Dentist. Or would she need to pay for the same things again. As I say this is a private Dentist

Deleted User
When I changed dentist they did their own assessment, took xrays and visual inspection. Probably different from medical notes as previous history not normally important in dentistry.

OP
OP
Innkeeper
Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
I know but wife may partial denture. So if say they took impression started making it and we moved. Could she ask for all the stuff. So give it to new Dentist so he could finish work

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
When I changed dentist they did their own assessment, took xrays and visual inspection. Probably different from medical notes as previous history not normally important in dentistry.

Agreed

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I moved from one private dentist who had recently taken a load of xrays of my teeth to another private dentist. The second dentist got the xrays from the first dentist but I had to make the request of the first dentist to send them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I know but wife may partial denture. So if say they took impression started making it and we moved. Could she ask for all the stuff. So give it to new Dentist so he could finish work
The new dentist may not want to use the impression made by previous dentist. What you you do if there was a problem with new denture? The new dentist would not want to take responsibility.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
The new dentist may not want to use the impression made by previous dentist. What you you do if there was a problem with new denture? The new dentist would not want to take responsibility.
Exactly. Dentists don't get a second chance to make a first impression!:groan:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back