Forum Threads (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2020
Woking, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
Hi, new to this, so may be missing something but I belong to other non-moho forums and on those forums if I post a thread I can also edit it later (sometimes there are typos you only see after its possted, or it doesnt quite right read - see what i did there!)
Additionally after my question is thoroughly read and answered, I can either delete the thread ( it may be completely irrelevant now) or even better suspend further comments. I feel I am being rude if I unfollow my thread and then not acknowledge other peoples later comments.
Can I do this on Fun? If not could it be considered.
Ta Alan.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Seems like good suggestions to me, stops the site being littered with obsolete trivia, such as discussions about the fear of a millennium bug etc.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi, new to this, so may be missing something but I belong to other non-moho forums and on those forums if I post a thread I can also edit it later (sometimes there are typos you only see after its possted, or it doesnt quite right read - see what i did there!)
Additionally after my question is thoroughly read and answered, I can either delete the thread ( it may be completely irrelevant now) or even better suspend further comments. I feel I am being rude if I unfollow my thread and then not acknowledge other peoples later comments.
Ta Alan.
All you have to do is click on the little down arrow beneath your post and the edit is there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
There is nothing more annoying than the comments being turned off when you've got something to say. I left Benidorm Seriously on Facebook because they wouldn't leave threads alone.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
No & no is the answer.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Ta Alan.
As has been said, you can edit your post for about an hour but if you start a thread the same control doesn't allow you to edit the title. For this there is a different control which from memory is called "Thread tools" which appears if you edit your first post but again this is only available for about an hour.

I'm not sure about your other suggestions. Quite often an old thread is exhumed and usefully updated with new information.

The bottom line is it all works and we don't comment on spelling. :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As has been said, you can edit your post for about an hour but if you start a thread the same control doesn't allow you to edit the title. For this there is a different control which from memory is called "Thread tools" which appears if you edit your first post but again this is only available for about an hour.

I'm not sure about your other suggestions. Quite often an old thread is exhumed and usefully updated with new information.

The bottom line is it all works and we don't comment on spelling. :)
Quick edit to the above. You can now edit the title directly on a thread you create with the normal edit button. The Thread tools control has vanished - probably due to the software update Jim was threatening us with last week. :)

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
The benefit of a forum like this, rather than systems like faceache is that you can search and find old stuff. Yes some old stuff will be outdated, and can become irrelevant as events overtake, but they were relevant at the time so can show how things have moved on. In a similar vein edits are appropriate for a limited period of time, but if a poster has an indefinite editing right, there is a risk they completely change the post, which makes subsequent comments by others look at best odd.

I do see forums that seem to close the threads after there have been no posts for xxx days, which would stop random resurrections. But sometimes those bumps can be useful.

Realistically, I like that the membership of Fun can largely be left to find it's own balance of when to post, and to ignore typos, and would suggest Jim has the settings about right.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back