Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good evening,,,,

well I’m done!!! Lost about four stone today, in sweat! ( what a lovelythought!!).
My head looked like the fountains outside the bellagio in Vegas!!

ok, so I started the large wrap around extension Monday the 20th, and have done 8 days in all, so far,, customer wanted to get drainage online at a cheaper price, it didn’t arrive when promised, so I had a couple of days off,, but all good now!
Last sat and sun, I did a job for a lovely couple in Gorleston, divided a large bedroom into two, for two girls,, studwork, ply, plasterboard, sound insulation the works,, got paid and then they asked me if I could build a little extension out the back,,, yes I said, can you wait? Yes we can! Bonus!

I’ve had three more calls, a porch in Gorleston, another smallish extension in caister, and a garden wall in Yarmouth!
My customer at the moment, the big extension, has 2 mates, both managers at aviva, like him who want extensions also, and who are waiting on the outcome and opinion of this one before they commit,, It’s gone mad!!

I’ve just got back from taking my neighbour shopping, and I’m going to do bugger all tonight, after a nice shower!
That’s it really, been busy and loving it!
Hope you are well, and enjoying the sun!!

and your right,,,, the muck was going off as soon as it hit the wall today! Lol.

xxxxxxxx

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Good evening,,,,

well I’m done!!! Lost about four stone today, in sweat! ( what a lovelythought!!).

ok, so I started the large wrap around extension Monday the 20th, and have done 8 days in all, so far,, customer wanted to get drainage online at a cheaper price, it didn’t arrive when promised, so I had a couple of days off,, but all good now!
Last sat and sun, I did a job for a lovely couple in Gorleston, divided a large bedroom into two, for two girls,, studwork, ply, plasterboard, sound insulation the works,, got paid and then they asked me if I could build a little extension out the back,,, yes I said, can you wait? Yes we can! Bonus!

I’ve had three more calls, a porch in Gorleston, another smallish extension in caister, and a garden wall in Yarmouth!
My customer at the moment, the big extension, has 2 mates, both managers at aviva, like him who want extensions also, and who are waiting on the outcome and opinion of this one before they commit,, It’s gone mad!!

I’ve just got back from taking my neighbour shopping, and I’m going to do bugger all tonight, after a nice shower!

and your right,,,, the muck was going off as soon as it hit the wall today! Lol.

xxxxxxxx
Nice one Ian. Glad to hear that it's all going "tickety boo" for you pal. (y)

Have a nice cool :drink: you've earned it.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well done with the questioning :clap:

no hats required,,, lol

her name is vilma,, Lithuanian, lovely girl,, 3 kids had an abusive husband ( now deported) mum lives with them,, Vilma is a lovely looking girl, and unfortunately gets a lot of innuendo and attention off blokes that aren’t to be trusted! I’ve got to know her well over the last 3/5 months, and I would never overstep the mark,, She feels that she can talk to me about anything and everything,, I wouldn’t betray that trust!

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Flintstones+Purse+by+Myworldsastage.jpg

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
no hats required,,, lol

her name is vilma,, Lithuanian, lovely girl,, 3 kids had an abusive husband ( now deported) mum lives with them,, Vilma is a lovely looking girl, and unfortunately gets a lot of innuendo and attention off blokes that aren’t to be trusted! I’ve got to know her well over the last 3/5 months, and I would never overstep the mark,, She feels that she can talk to me about anything and everything,, I wouldn’t betray that trust!

Go for the Mum👍

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Good evening,,,,

xxxxxxxx
So pleased for you Ian,,Future looks rosy,,,BUSBY.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
It needed a fair bit of sanding but the painter did that and the finished job looks great!
You sound like my builder pal's favourite phrase when we're doing conversions:
"Thass awright, the decorators'll sort that out".

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good evening,,,,

well extension is going well, so far,,, had a visit from the building inspector today, for drains and oversite,, all good, in fact she said it was A1 so concrete going in tomorrow,,, I havnt had any help this week and it’s been hard work, but rewarding, especially when the building inspector takes the customer to the side and compliments my work,,, so he’s ( the customer) is very happy with me! I’m chuffed!!

I have asked Stewart to come in on Monday, to load out my bricks, while I get my profiles and starter bars and levels and gauge sorted,, that will give me a good start!

I know I’m going to have a slight drama though, the new bricks are metric size, the existing house is imperial,, and I think I’m going to have quite large bed joints, so I’m thinking I may flush the joints up, instead of using my jointing iron, I’m not sure,,, I shall speak to the customer to see what he prefers!!

they give nice weather next week so all should be good! So, concreting tomorrow, back filling drain trenches, ready for Monday, and I’m going to have Friday off,, I shall take Vilma shopping, get some gear for myself, and then on Saturday I have two more jobs to price,, one garden wall, and a large patio,,

I have no idea when I’m going to get time for these, but if there happy to wait, or let me do it weekends, then that’s good !!

so that’s about it,, Richard,my customer has posted on my Facebook page, last week and he’s going to update on Thursday, tomorrow,, which is nice! He takes pictures every day! He’s obsessed,, Lololol.

ok, I shall chat later, enjoy your evening and week! Xxxxxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back