I need help to spend some 'free' money! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've had a code sent to us from Ebay for £10 off a £20+ spend (excluding P&P) which has to be used by 9th June but we can't think of anything we really want ... sad I know ... so we're struggling as it seems 'rude' not to use it but obviously don't want to just spend for the sake of it.

Give me some ideas please especially stuff to do with motorhoming etc ... not too expensive though!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Why not go for the latest BT broadband offer while your at it..... Could save you £20 month for 6 months.
Seems pointless just because its there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
<Yorkshire> 10 quid off a 20 quid purchase, P&P not included, means it''s costing you at least 10 quid plus P&P for something you apparently don't need. Bin the voucher and you'll be at least 10 quid plus P&P better off.</Yorkshire>

Reminds me of my mother who came back from town every weekend laden with shopping bags and proclaiming that she'd saved a fortune!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I had that pop up on ebay a couple of days ago. Forgot about it and just went to look for it as I do need something. Typical code has gone :ROFLMAO:

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Get some nice GRP Polish for the van, that always comes in.

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
With everyone using their motorhomes and caravans after lockdown and probably using the onboard facilites, toilet fluid etc could be a shrewd move. Could become scarce and or more expensive.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why not go for the latest BT broadband offer while your at it..... Could save you £20 month for 6 months.
Seems pointless just because its there.
Ebay don't do broadband offers and we can't get BT in our area, only part of the country which can't!

As for it being pointless ... that's why I said "obviously don't want to just spend for the sake of it.":rolleyes:
<Yorkshire> 10 quid off a 20 quid purchase, P&P not included, means it''s costing you at least 10 quid plus P&P for something you apparently don't need. Bin the voucher and you'll be at least 10 quid plus P&P better off.</Yorkshire>
If we don't identify something we really want/need then we won't be using it.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks for the suggestions guys and gals, keep them coming. 😀

Comments on those I've had so far:
Aquakem or similar, if you use it (y)
With everyone using their motorhomes and caravans after lockdown and probably using the onboard facilites, toilet fluid etc could be a shrewd move. Could become scarce and or more expensive.
We don't use it, or anything else in the loo now, as we now have a sog. :giggle:
I bought washing capsules the other week only buy what you need will use
I can't stand some of the branded stuff as the scent gets on my chest so we just use the cheap liquid stuff which isn't as smelly.
What about some face masks for when you're out and about in the van again... ;)
Already got some 'filter' ones and may make my own cloth ones so I can have a few and be able to wash them especially as I don't like the 'single use' ones which are an environmental disaster as they go in landfill. 🤨
Get some nice GRP Polish for the van, that always comes in.
Hubby bought some stuff a while back so don't need any at the moment.
Water filter kit
I'm a Yorkshire girl so am used to hard water, my cuppa wouldn't tast the same with all the 'goodness' filtered out! :LOL:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Let’s be honest if you don’t need it, no matter what, you’ve still spent money you didn’t need to spend, good marketing, that’s how FB makes so much money, now where’s that throbbing gristle bar I just bought? :giggle:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If you use campsite showers or swimming pools how about one of those screw thingys that keep the water knob pressed in.

Let’s be honest here Minxy, I don’t think there’s anything that you want and haven’t actually got already:LOL: it’s probably more a case of what do you use that needs replacing. If you really wanted something I’m sure you’d have bought it by now.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
have never bought from ebay so have no idea how the system works, but Gromett needs summat he said so can't you pass the voucher code on to him and do a good turn for a fellow funster rather than bin it?
I did think of that when he said he wanted something but AFAIK you can't buy something and have it sent to another address. :(

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
I did think of that when he said he wanted something but AFAIK you can't buy something and have it sent to another address. :(

fair enough, but couldn't you just send the code to him? or does that not work?
i don't buy over the internet, so have no idea..

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Mel

One serious suggestion, unless you have one already, is one of those kits for extractin air from top of wine bottles - consists of 3 rubber corks and a small hand pump so air exits and vacuum is left, making rest of wine last longer.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
non motorhome specific, but maybe something to help your leaky old dog? absorbent bed pads etc or the urine smell killer they use in nursing homes?

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Thanks for the suggestions guys and gals, keep them coming. 😀

Comments on those I've had so far:

We don't use it, or anything else in the loo now, as we now have a sog. :giggle:

I can't stand some of the branded stuff as the scent gets on my chest so we just use the cheap liquid stuff which isn't as smelly.

Already got some 'filter' ones and may make my own cloth ones so I can have a few and be able to wash them especially as I don't like the 'single use' ones which are an environmental disaster as they go in landfill. 🤨

Hubby bought some stuff a while back so don't need any at the moment.

I'm a Yorkshire girl so am used to hard water, my cuppa wouldn't tast the same with all the 'goodness' filtered out! :LOL:
My goodness - you are an expert on the multi quotes (bowing down in admiration and respect). One day...................

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
have never bought from ebay so have no idea how the system works, but Gromett needs summat he said so can't you pass the voucher code on to him and do a good turn for a fellow funster rather than bin it?
Thanks for the thought, but that is not what I meant. I basically binned mine because I couldn't be arsed to use it within the time specified.

Thanks but you think of something for yourself.

fair enough, but couldn't you just send the code to him? or does that not work?
i don't buy over the internet, so have no idea..
Vouchers are tied to the account. I wouldn't accept it anyway even if offered. That was not my intent. I regret the post now sorry.
Thanks for thinking of me though both of you.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Vouchers are tied to the account. I wouldn't accept it anyway even if offered. That was not my intent. I regret the post now sorry.
Thanks for thinking of me though both of you.
Nothing to be sorry for Karl chances are, though, that you'll get another one sent if you don't use the first, that's what we've had happen in the past. 🙂

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I got that one & regularly get them from other places, autodoc, Micks garage ,superdrug,etc: I just delete them . i actually do want some airhorns & was on ebay last night looking but it never occurs to me to use anything like that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back