Jan 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
Godot was inspired by the DVLA
posted on social media by a friend..

if this is you - EFF OFF.

If it isn’t but you are thinking about travelling YOU ARE currently NOT WELCOME.

Soooo sorry people, may contain adult angry words!!!

I'm ******** seething right this minute as a big campervan just came up our drive turned round & came back down... with me waiting!!

SO58 ABF
Big Red Van!!
Heading south now i believe.

"We're not lost now i think" he says reading his map!

When i informed him that we are still in lockdown his wife mumbled something like "you're the only one we've spoken to today" and something else as they sheepishly began driving off!

What the actual duck is wrong with these people?

Tried to phone it in & can't get through to Police Scotland!
They're overwhelmed apparently!
Not ducking surprised!

Nicola... please shut the borders & police them!!

We all want tourists & to be tourists... JUST NOT NOW!!!

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Nicola... please shut the borders & police them!!
Calm down, you know nothing of the circumstances of their journey, where they're from or where they are going to.
In short, it's not any of your business, leave it to the authorities.
Is SO a Scottish registration office ?
Might be worth checking, give you something to do while you calm down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I`ve been wondering for many a year, what it is about England that makes so many Scots want to live here?. The way so many bitch about the English and how we raped and pillaged etc;?. Then invited a Scot`s King to come and be ruler?. Makes you wonder?. As for this Guy?, maybe his Sat Nag got it wrong?. Just lucky, He wasnt driving a 45ft Artic?. I had one turn into my drive at the old house, thinking it was the Farm entrance some 50 yards further! That was "fun and games". getting him backout on the road!.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I understand the sentiment if it was properly directed. However, fortunately that's one person that doesn't know what he's talking about apparently.
For one, well two, the appalling language spoken by these type of people will definitely get me back as a tourist, to England

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Possibly
IMG-20200601-WA0015.jpg

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
I`ve been wondering for many a year, what it is about England that makes so many Scots want to live here?. The way so many bitch about the English and how we raped and pillaged etc;?. Then invited a Scot`s King to come and be ruler?. Makes you wonder?. As for this Guy?, maybe his Sat Nag got it wrong?. Just lucky, He wasnt driving a 45ft Artic?. I had one turn into my drive at the old house, thinking it was the Farm entrance some 50 yards further! That was "fun and games". getting him backout on the road!.

Wasn't it a famous Scot who once said that the best thing about Scotland was the road to England?:giggle:
John

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think the police should charge every one of the curtain twitchers with wasting police time

Clogging up lines when there could be a proper emergency.

Anyway it's too late closing the borders now that should have been done the start of march. Before toby jug popped up to balmoral

OP
OP
W

Wully

Free Member
Jan 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
Godot was inspired by the DVLA
My God...that has to be one of the worst posts I’ve ever seen on this site ! Moralising virtue signalling moron. Can’t believe Jim has allowed it....far worse than politics...it’s politics mixed with bitterness...censorial idiocy and ignorance. Get back to your keyboard warrior Twitter....you need to find better friends !

I would think Jim allowed it as he believes in reasonable free speech?

I don’t know where you live but would suspect if it was in a rural Covid free location you wouldn’t appreciate folk from who knows where driving way more that the advised limit of 5 miles for exercise only - to take their motor home for a jolly? Potentially delivering a nasty virus to an area with limited NHS capacity?

I dunno, maybe you and the others whining on about the OP don’t care about other people’s health. Maybe you don’t care about the damage selfish trips like this do to the image of people with motorhomes- already tarnished by inconsiderate behaviour.

If you think this is purely a Scottish problem then take your MoHo to Cornwall or Wales just now and see what kind of welcome you get.

BTW - the MoHo in question was I believe registered in Edinburgh, the occupants had English accents as do a great many ‘locals’ here, but getting lost where they did means they weren’t local....

Stay at home a while yet if you want welcomed back... please.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I don’t know where you live but would suspect if it was in a rural Covid free location you wouldn’t appreciate folk from who knows where driving way more that the advised limit of 5 miles for exercise only

Just a thought.
All your provisions I would guess travels a long way.
Including the drivers of said vehicles 😉😊

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Gets stranger this one :). If he thought they were from edinburgh why rant about open borders? Or was it the accent that made him mention the borders?

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I will be interested to see if I get a reaction tomorrow when I have to travel from my home to Lytham A journey of 50 miles each way in my motorhome, (only vehicle I own) to visit a client for work. I will have to park it outside his home on the front at Lytham so I can’t wait to have a conversation with any moralising nosey Parker or uniformed person.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Calm down lads.

So a Scottish registered MoHo arrives somwhere else in Scotland and gets lost. The complainant assumes the occupants are Engish. So what?
Wonder how many Scots living in England with English registered MoHos have done similar?

The original quote was way to aggressive and insulting for the 'crime'

EDIT - just re-read the complaint. Can't see where it says they were English

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
So,

I took my motorhome accross the road to a repairer.

Unfortunately, that meant driving almost a mile as a width restriction prevents me from driving a few yards.

Anyway, Whist i was driving back, I thought I would fill the tank to prevent the diesel bug.

Anyway, as I was about to fill up. Some woman shouts from the passenger seat of a car......

“WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON F***ING LOCKDOWN”

Say no more

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
These are the same people who put nasty messages on cars with disabled badges when they think someone isn’t disabled simply because they didn’t get into a wheelchair when they got out of the car.

it’s ignorant intimidation, doesn’t match the facts or the law. Makes us feel unnecessarily upset

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back