Greta Thunburg (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Surely she should release a statement with statistics that note the improvement in the worlds environment now that there are very few aeroplanes flying, cars using roads and certainly, no motorhomes clogging up the atmosphere?

Perhaps her dad's too busy running up and down stairs looking after her to be able to sit down and script her next rant!

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Like you, I have never thought that she was spouting her own words.

A few months ago Facebook performed a major upgrade to the platform and as is the way with these major upgrades it threw up an anomaly which in this case for about 4 hours was to show paths and feeds from external access given to user accounts and the traffic through theses paths and feeds before the error was corrected. As the cat was out of the bag on Greta Thunberg personal Facebook account, Facebook released a statement confirming that her father Svantes Thunberg and “Climate Crisis activist” Adarsh Prathap were posting on Greta's account.

Burstnerite

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Overcab Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Can't help thinking our current problem is so much more immediate. A virus has shown what it can do to the world in a mater of months. Let's face it we could be the last representatives of the human race. If not this time, maybe the next. Or the next. So does she really matter ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Surely she should release a statement with statistics that note the improvement in the worlds environment now that there are very few aeroplanes flying, cars using roads and certainly, no motorhomes clogging up the atmosphere?

Perhaps her dad's too busy running up and down stairs looking after her to be able to sit down and script her next rant!

Perhaps we should wait for the climate scientists to produce their findings. There is certainly a reduction in emissions this year but it is probably too soon to see any impact on climate change and any change will only be short-lived because emissions will go up once lock downs are eased.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
It might depend on whether the well off think that they have the right to damage the environment for everyone else.
And why would you think that that is the case?

Do you think that it is the “well off”, (and what is your definition of “well off”), that are fly tipping across the country ruining the countryside or are the landowners destroying it?

Deleted User
Greta Thunburg appeals to younger people indeed the students told the teachers they were going on strike.. How do these youngsters prefer to communicate, through the internet. FB, Twitter, WhatsAapp, Instagram and Youtube. How many Tb of information is communicated daily to cloud storage by these youngsters and how much Co2 does this generate - this is definitely man made but I don't see them throwing their phones away.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock

Do you think that it is the “well off”, (and what is your definition of “well off”), that are fly tipping across the country ruining the countryside or are the landowners destroying it?
The "well off" create products for us to use

Moving away from Cobalt to Lithium has its challenges http://www.lithiummine.com/lithium-mining-and-environmental-impact

So yes the well off probably have a bigger impact than your local fly tipper which is equally poor practice

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

Because the majority of UK residents are considered as relatively well off.... Compared to the global population. And it will be the poorest that suffer most from climate change.

And it seems many of the more affluent refuse to "be told what to do' and they will continue to drive where they like, fly where they like and cruise where they like.

Fly tippers are a different story.

Last edited:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Greta Thunburg appeals to younger people indeed the students told the teachers they were going on strike.. How do these youngsters prefer to communicate, through the internet. FB, Twitter, WhatsAapp, Instagram and Youtube. How many Tb of information is communicated daily to cloud storage by these youngsters and how much Co2 does this generate - this is definitely man made but I don't see them throwing their phones away.

Is this another bashing of youngsters to deflect attention away from the damage caused by previous generations?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

The comparison of CV-19 and climate change reminds me of the fable of frogs and hot water... we can take rapid action when we have a sudden change and we might only lose tens or hundreds of thousands of people but many are ignoring the changes that will result in millions of deaths.

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Is it about time to think big on climate change, maybe we could science our way out of the problem. 130,000 odd people worked on the Manhattan project, 250,000 odd at NASA during the space race. It apparently took Mercerdes f1 engineers a few days to come up with something for NHS.. Let's put the top people together and see what they come up with, expensive yes, but as we have seen, who cares about money when needs must.

Deleted User
Is this another bashing of youngsters to deflect attention away from the damage caused by previous generations?
No, I'm not 'bashing' anyone, just speaking an absolute truth - the stats are out there. Although now you mention it I wonder what the average carbon footprint of a youngster is today compared to someone of my generation?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
No, I'm not 'bashing' anyone, just speaking an absolute truth - the stats are out there. Although now you mention it I wonder what the average carbon footprint of a youngster is today compared to someone of my generation?

Feel free to cite those stats. Stating that it is out there and you're speaking the absolute truth isn't credible.

I don't know what generation you belong to but this might help demonstrate why blaming younger generations for the pollution of older generations isn't fair: https://knoema.com/atlas/United-Kingdom/CO2-emissions-per-capita

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Feel free to cite those stats. Stating that it is out there and you're speaking the absolute truth isn't credible.

I don't know what generation you belong to but this might help demonstrate why blaming younger generations for the pollution of older generations isn't fair: https://knoema.com/atlas/United-Kingdom/CO2-emissions-per-capita
I admire your stamina but against folk who enjoy taking the P out of a young women with Asperger's I fear you are wasting your time. The Ignore thread would be a better target and much more rewarding. :)

Broken Link Removed

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I admire your stamina but against folk who enjoy taking the P out of a young women with Asperger's I fear you are wasting your time. The Ignore thread would be a better target and much more rewarding. :)

Broken Link Removed

True, but I'd prefer to reduce the amount of fake / false information being shared.

Deleted User

A 2 minute search found this . Please stop with the Bashing and Blame accusations. My teachers and lecturers had a piece of chalk, how much energy does it take to educate students in a Smart classroom on climate change?

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Bloody moles :doh:

EBFD7FDD-95F9-4EC7-A5AF-BFF75D3A6054.jpeg

MANGOFORTH

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
7.5t Lorry
Exp
Zilch
This is a serious question. Aimed at DBK and Mattyjwr . You guys seem to be very knowledgeable on this topic.

I read that 92 million cars were made in 2019 across the globe. And I get that these will be far more economical than say cars made 20 years ago.

But the pollution/damage/correct term/ caused from manufacturing this quantity of cars and spares ect, compared to the running of already made vehicles, and already made spare parts ect. How would that weigh up?

And I get that long term manufacturing of eco cars is the ideal solution. But we are still making ICE vehicles.

In my head, it makes sense to stop manufacturing new vehicles. Run/repair the old vehicles. Save on all the manufacturing pollution, focus on developing genuine green cars. Then phase out ICE vehicles.....

What do you reckon?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
A 2 minute search found this . Please stop with the Bashing and Blame accusations. My teachers and lecturers had a piece of chalk, how much energy does it take to educate students in a Smart classroom on climate change?

Are you implying that young generations are responsible for all of this? Did you see the chart I provided?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This is a serious question. Aimed at DBK and Mattyjwr . You guys seem to be very knowledgeable on this topic.

I read that 92 million cars were made in 2019 across the globe. And I get that these will be far more economical than say cars made 20 years ago.

But the pollution/damage/correct term/ caused from manufacturing this quantity of cars and spares ect, compared to the running of already made vehicles, and already made spare parts ect. How would that weigh up?

And I get that long term manufacturing of eco cars is the ideal solution. But we are still making ICE vehicles.

In my head, it makes sense to stop manufacturing new vehicles. Run/repair the old vehicles. Save on all the manufacturing pollution, focus on developing genuine green cars. Then phase out ICE vehicles.....

What do you reckon?
Decarbonisation seems to be the long-term answer but getting there is the challenge. Above my pay grade to solve but as I'm only making one trip in the car a week and none at all in the 3 litre MH I guess I'm helping. :)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Do not worry any of you, when the NWO have their way under UN agenda 22 there will only be 500000000 people on the Earth anyway after the great reset they plan. It is all set out and you can buy a copy the document from the UN Library. Nature soon takes all back, I just need to look at my garden to see that.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

What do you reckon?

It depends on many factors such as mpg, age etc but like for like, the older the vehicle, the worse the pollution. Manufacturing pollution is a small part of the overall impact.

MANGOFORTH

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
7.5t Lorry
Exp
Zilch
It depends on many factors such as mpg, age etc but like for like, the older the vehicle, the worse the pollution. Manufacturing pollution is a small part of the overall impact.
That answers that then ?.

I wasn't trying to justify using old cars. Tbh I expected the manufacturing emissions to be much higher.
Thanks
??

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Do not worry any of you, when the NWO have their way under UN agenda 22 there will only be 500000000 people on the Earth anyway after the great reset they plan. It is all set out and you can buy a copy the document from the UN Library. Nature soon takes all back, I just need to look at my garden to see that.
Good to see conspiracy theories being promoted in these difficult times.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Good to see conspiracy theories being promoted in these difficult times.
I sometimes wonder when does a conspiracy theory stop being bollocks and start being credible? Why do people believe in conspiracy theories and what would it take for them to realise that they are wrong? I'm aware that some conspiracy theories have proven to be correct but most seem to be hoaxes. Am I wrong?

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
P
I sometimes wonder when does a conspiracy theory stop being bollocks and start being credible? Why do people believe in conspiracy theories and what would it take for them to realise that they are wrong? I'm aware that some conspiracy theories have proven to be correct but most seem to be hoaxes. Am I wrong?
Nah, they're bollocks!

It's not worth me commenting further as I'm sure that this thread will be in the U Shaped Lounge by the morning where I can make no further contribution.

Last edited:

Deleted User
Are you implying that young generations are responsible for all of this? Did you see the chart I provided?
I posted here in good faith about Greta Thunburg's health with my opinion on her tactics on how she appeals to young people and you challenged me. I'm not aware of young people abandoning social media in order to reduce co2 levels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back