Some will not like this. (2 Viewers)

Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
Who stopped them, and why stop cars ? and who`s to say the journey was un-necessary ???
We`d need more info before we throw them in the dungeons and throw the keys away.
Denigrate:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
We have been told, if you do not need to go out then do not go out. A lot of us fall in to the at danger group and are obeying the rules. If the plod are turning people back who may bring the virus near to me, I am very happy with that.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I'm certainly not anti Royal by any means, but what's the big hoo ha around who's staying where ? Surely if one or two of them get it, it's no different to anyone else's family getting it ? It's not like there's gonna be an immediate shortage of them, there's a long line of them who could take up the Crown, if needs be ?

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I’m sorry to ask but why do you need to go down if she has carers, can’t you ring to check on her. You maybe putting her at risk by visiting her? If you are staying in the drive and not going on what’s the point of going at all. It is hard for many of us not to visit relations who are ill.

Hi, Good Question, and I'll be leaving it as long as I can, however I don't know if you have had experience in running a large property with multiple staff remotely, it's the same as running company.
The Manager can keep going only for so long with video calls etc, but to be fair they are Carers and not property managers.
Eventually someone has to get out the spanner.

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Not wanting to criticize the police any more than necessary, I've just watched news at 10 and whilst talking about Covid-19 it showed 2 coppers in Bristol out leafletting cars with Covid-19 guidelines....and they were doing it without wearing gloves.....Oh Please!! I thought they were supposed to be our "protectors" and there they are potentially spreading the virus without any regard for the car owners who have to remove said leaflet from their windscreen?

What's worse is that they were briefed by their commanding officer as to what their duties would be today.....

I rest my case......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Yes, their chief constable putting, them out to do it and forgetting about the 'crime' issue and all the things not done.
Depends on whether you put helping contain the virus and hence look after our hospitals and vulnerable people or prioritise the scumbags writing graffiti I suppose. I know where I would prefer the police to be.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Offensive and ill judged comment. An apology would do better than your later comments trying to justify this one!

And if anyone is stopped by a Police Officer in these trying times, a polite explanation justifying their actions (if they are justified) will surely suffice.

I'd like to know on what facts your assessment of 'some, not all' (a bit different to 'your average', btw) is based. After 38 years in Law Enforcement I think I'm able to make a reasoned judgement, and no I wouldn't want to do it again as the conditions are not great, the pay - given the responsibility thrust upon their shoulders - is not great, and attitudes such as those espoused in your comments are increasingly common. The Thin Blue Line gets thinner while the stick used to beat them with gets bigger.

Support our emergency services - you never know when YOU will need them.
Bravo well said ! I decided that certain posters comments were not worth responding to, however I suppose they are allowed to voice their weird ideas even on a fun forum.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Not wanting to criticize the police any more than necessary, I've just watched news at 10 and whilst talking about Covid-19 it showed 2 coppers in Bristol out leafletting cars with Covid-19 guidelines....and they were doing it without wearing gloves.....Oh Please!! I thought they were supposed to be our "protectors" and there they are potentially spreading the virus without any regard for the car owners who have to remove said leaflet from their windscreen?

What's worse is that they were briefed by their commanding officer as to what their duties would be today.....

I rest my case...

[/QUOTE
Bravo well said ! I decided that certain posters comments were not worth responding to, however I suppose they are allowed to voice their weird ideas even on a fun forum.
Yes quite so. They must be allowed to make their vacuous ridiculous statements, free speech has to be respected, of course they are convinced they are clever and right in their opinions but of course don’t realise their words simply advertise their lack of logic or insight.
Still we can’t all be the same or agree on everything and that’s as it should be. We just have to make allowances for those With an axe to grind however blunt it remains

Davidw

Free Member
Apr 26, 2018
Fowey, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
Since 2016
Why can't your niece check up on her if she's in the Granny Flat in the garden? I understand the need to travel but is it really necessary? Living in Cornwall, as we do, I know from first hand experience how overstretched our one hospital gets at the best of times. You may not be ill now but if you become so whilst down here you just add to the burden on Treliske hospital. Please think again.

Apr 24, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A class Corado
Exp
Since 2006
At some point, in the next few weeks, I'll need to go down to Cornwall and make sure all is OK with my Mum and her carers (all isolated)

Normally I'd stay in the Granny flat at the bottom of the garden, however my niece has taken up residence as she has been living in LA and is now effectively trapped in the UK with no place to live.

My Sister is currently trapped in NZ, but her house has her son and friend living there as they are also homeless.

So when I go down the M5/A30 I'll be in the motor home and I'll be parking in the driveway (Which is well away from the house)
I'll leave it as long as I can, but it's weeks not months we are talking about.
Good luck police have stopped a motor home on A38 that had traveled down fromBirmingham and turned it round and sent it back home

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Yes quite so. They must be allowed to make their vacuous ridiculous statements, free speech has to be respected, of course they are convinced they are clever and right in their opinions but of course don’t realise their words simply advertise their lack of logic or insight.
Still we can’t all be the same or agree on everything and that’s as it should be. We just have to make allowances for those With an axe to grind however blunt it remains
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes: :unsure:

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
We known someone who was stopped in Essex, she showed her horse passport to prove she needed to be out in her car, she also gets her Nans shopping and is a key worker.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry but there are many reasons to be on the road in a camper or a car.
I'm classed as a key worker supporting our clients who are defence and infrastructure providers.
I have to travel 75 miles round trip to work.
If the OP is the same as the link dbk put up then fair enough, looks like he was on a jolly and should be sent home.
But please remember, some people have good reason to be on the road and wanting them hung drawn and quartered without knowledge of the full details is very unhelpful and narrow minded to say the least.
That's fine as you will have a letter from your Employer saying you are a key worker and will be able to show it to the police and explain.

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
They're in a clinical situation, completely different to situation you described

Standard barrier nursing practice, wear gloves and discard/change when moving from one situation/patient to the next, otherwise they’d be cleaning hands every few minutes.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
That's fine as you will have a letter from your Employer saying you are a key worker and will be able to show it to the police and explain
Of course (y)
But my point was that condeming people without full knowledge of the circumstances is very dangerous.
And some take it much too far and become vigilantes and want to enforce their brand of justice, sometimes with tragic consequences.

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
You just won't let it go will you. Agree some are being over zealous, but the majority are doing a good job in difficult circumstances.
Could be worse, we could live in China look how their police go about their work !
Put the shovel away fella.
Yeah you're probably right :rolleyes: cant do anything to change it can I? and no ones going to change my opinion which is based on the knowledge or information I have.
Theres far more important things to worry about then the Police in the great scheme of things.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Yeah you're probably right :rolleyes: cant do anything to change it can I? and no ones going to change my opinion which is based on the knowledge or information I have.
Theres far more important things to worry about then the Police in the great scheme of things.

I get it - you don't like the Police. I think everyone here gets it now. I'm thoroughly bored with it. Now where is that ignore button?

Herbyventures

Free Member
Oct 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit selfbui
Exp
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that what happened in the first week before full 'lockdown' scared the bejesus out of people in tourist areas who were inundated with folk acting as if the whole virus thing was a jolly holiday. There was even an article on local East Anglian TV about London area folks fleeing the plague city for their holiday homes in Southwold and they interviewed a couple who were saying how lovely it was, all the shops open, loads of people going up and down the high street.. well, I think we can all see why that was a bad idea. So the authorities, local councils etc got very concerned and asked the police to stop all these city dwellers invading them, eating the scarce supplies of pasta and (in Southwold) Quinoa, and bringing the virus with them. The Police were reacting to what had happened that first weekend. By the time they reacted, we were in full lockdown, most of us were complying (and are complying still) and it suddenly seemed a bit OTT. But essentially people in rural places don't want city folk 'self isolating' near them, we're all in siege mode. When we are queuing at the local supermarket, the sight of a stranger from the outside buying the last bag of flour in the co-op is hard to take. Also, if you are bored to tears already doing the same dog walk from home day after day the sight of people driving to the local fishing lake and having a nice day out, as was happening in our village, is galling. Some of us said something and the owner closed the lake, he wasn't happy about it but he closed it. But surely to God no one can claim carp fishing is either exercise, or necessary. If we possibly can, we have been asked to limit journeys to what's necessary, I don't think that means necessary to your normal way of life, personally, but interpret it as you wish. I am quite sure that if you absolutely need to check your elderly Mum or do your shopping in a motorhome or whatever, if you are unlucky enough to be asked about it, you will explain and MOST police will be reasonable. I've not seen a police person or a police car since all this started, but then we go out by car just once a week for food.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back