LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Crossing booked for 19-50 tonight but will arrive in the area about mid-day.
i know we won’t be able to get into the tunnel area early to park as all crossings are sold out.
I was thinking City Europe as it’s daylight.
Any other suggestions.
Just want to get home now.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Begun travelling the road in our first van in 2013
We've used that super, Super Auchan many times, really well stocked (usually). Never thought to stay there overnight, from memory the car park is a little bit on the slope all over. I know there's an aire not far from the shopping centre (north easterly direction if I recall).

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
If you do go to the Auchan please be aware only one of you would be allowed in the shop. These are the restrictions the French government has imposed and they are being observed. Our son lives in Paris and I spoke with him last night. They are only allowed off the property for shopping and only one person may go.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We came back on the Tunnel on Sunday. We got to the terminal about 3 hours early and, unusually, were not offered an earlier train. We were booked to travel on the 17.20 departure but, as the terminal was closed anyway, we were directed straight to the queue for trains.

We were back in the UK by about 14.00!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Yorkshire Puds

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
2020 Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2002
So does that mean they are allowing freight from France to the UK still and vice versa?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
grasscutter, Graham & Anneta, we refuelled at Auchan, St Martins Boulogne, and yes you can park (or overnight for those wishing to). The queue to get in the store was huge, and they were only allowing one in, as one came out. Instead (despite our expperience last time), we carried on to Citie Europe and parked in the coach bays.
Although you could see the same half dozen immigrants wandering up and down, we also witnessed a heavier Police precense, and a couple of 2 x vehicle Army Patrols, so no problems from the immigrants. You just need to be vigilant. Rita was ike a Meerkat, whilst I went into Carrefour for items.

BTW, turning up for the train, more than 2 x hours before your crossing, will see you being redirected to the exit to go and park up, hence the pet passport area, staff parking area, coach parking area, and the Lidl car park full of MHs. We had an 18.20 booking yesterday, but were called forward for two trains earlier, and stayed overnight in the Canterbury P&R overspill area, again, busy with MHs.

Safe journey back you two. (y)

Jock & Rita. :)

OP
OP
grasscutter

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
grasscutter, Graham & Anneta, we refuelled at Auchan, St Martins Boulogne, and yes you can park (or overnight for those wishing to). The queue to get in the store was huge, and they were only allowing one in, as one came out. Instead (despite our expperience last time), we carried on to Citie Europe and parked in the coach bays.
Although you could see the same half dozen immigrants wandering up and down, we also witnessed a heavier Police precense, and a couple of 2 x vehicle Army Patrols, so no problems from the immigrants. You just need to be vigilant. Rita was ike a Meerkat, whilst I went into Carrefour for items.

BTW, turning up for the train, more than 2 x hours before your crossing, will see you being redirected to the exit to go and park up, hence the pet passport area, staff parking area, coach parking area, and the Lidl car park full of MHs. We had an 18.20 booking yesterday, but were called forward for two trains earlier, and stayed overnight in the Canterbury P&R overspill area, again, busy with MHs.

Safe journey back you two. (y)

Jock & Rita. :)
Thanks Jock.
We crossed yesterday . As you say turned up early but were directed to the parking area. Took a chance and retried 3 hours early and got moved forward to the 18-20. ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back