Underslung /Refillable LPG tanks - dirty gas / jet problems (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Mad dog

Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Mullacotts quoted £850 to install as a high pressure system so that I could use an ordinary cylinder as back-up. A filter is about another £100 How does this sound....? Must admit a bit pricier than I thought, nearly £500 to install it.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Mullacotts quoted £850 to install as a high pressure system so that I could use an ordinary cylinder as back-up. A filter is about another £100 How does this sound....? Must admit a bit pricier than I thought, nearly £500 to install it.
it sounds like they don't want the work, way overpriced

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Not sure why they reference a "high pressure system. Any gas cylinder is a "high pressure system" until it goes through the regulator, which makes it a low pressure system. AFAIK every refillable system is "high pressure".

OP
OP
Mad dog

Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
I was a bit confused too, he said it was an issue having a backup cylinder in my storage cabinet, as the underslung cylinder could leak back through the spare connector if there was a valve fault & the backup cylinder wasn't connected.

I've asked him for a quote without this option too (if it's complicating things).

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Not had any problems as the filters seem to have caught it all; I’ve two filters, one between each cylinder and the regulator. Each filter had a similar amount of oil in it, about a teaspoonful.
Filters will not stop liquid. That stuff (low ends) harmlessly coats the inside of everything LPG comes into contact with.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Had to change the battery in the Mopeka sender yesterday, and to remove the bottle I have to remove the Truma filter from the regulator, as it was off the van I thought I would check the filter there was about half a teaspoon of gloop in the bottom of the filter bowl.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Had to change the battery in the Mopeka sender yesterday, and to remove the bottle I have to remove the Truma filter from the regulator, as it was off the van I thought I would check the filter there was about half a teaspoon of gloop in the bottom of the filter bowl.
How long did your battery last? I just fitted my units last week, and the battery is already showing half full in the app. Mind you I have bluetoothed to both my phone and the gauge.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
About 5 months, mind you opened a new Maxel one from a strip that had a expiry date of 12/2024 and it read red to say the battery was shot, tried another from the same strip it was the same, found another unbranded one and that one read full.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back