A downsizing question, does a replacement exist? (1 Viewer)

Sep 6, 2011
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Con3 XL PVC
Exp
Started 1989
Hi all, we’re considering downsizing to a 6.4m Ducato. I don’t want rear belted travel seats / front dinette. All the continentals I’ve seen have this. I want 2 long rear (?) settees, one of which at least 6’. Does this mean I only have the option of an Autotrail v-line 634 or 635?
Suggestions please! Thanks.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Have a look at the Wildax Europa
<Broken link removed>

Does that meet your needs?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Have a look at the East Neuk Campers Touring L. Alternatively, but it only has a single setee but can make two single beds or a double the Murvi Morocco I have.

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
We are looking to do the same in the next year or so. We have a list of vans to check at Peterborough including all the above plus Autoquest CV20, Autotrail 634 and Devon Aztec

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
We bought a V Line 610 SE after 20 odd years of larger motor homes, mainly due to a medical problem, but realised very quickly that the 610 did not have a comfortable driving position, the drivers seat could not be moved back enough for me ideal driving position.
We happened to go on a C & CC rally and were parked up next to an Auto Sleeper, the weather was very hot and deployed all our windows which with a little breeze helped cool the van, our neighbours were not happy and said they were “ cooked “ due to the lack of windows, the A/S had nice looking Isothermic glass but had a lack of openers, that put us off the A/S models.
We traded in our 610 for a new V Line 635 SE. We had been impressed with the build of the 610 and lack of any warrantee problems.
The low side cupboard behind the drivers seat allowed the seat back to be raked back to how I liked. Our dealer swopped the door on the cupboard from RH hung to LH as it was a little awkward to use the way the factory hung it. The two front seats, turned around can be used for snacking or as we have a television fitted there as well as the rear lounge ( sockets standard in both positions ) watch different programmes if my wife dos’nt want to watch the “ rubbish “ I watch.
The kitchen area really takes some beating for work top, drawers and cupboard. The lounge is very comfortable, we use the settees as single beds as this allows easy access to the bathroom for my trip to the loo in the night.
I am a constant fiddler and have carried out lots of mods that suit our particular needs and usually about now ( our van is 18 months old ) have done all I want we start looking at something to replace it with. We have owned 13 motor homes over 26 years, but, we are not going to change. What ! The van is perfect .

BernieT

OP
OP
Colinyellowspanner
Sep 6, 2011
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Con3 XL PVC
Exp
Started 1989
Thanks Bernie,
I feel the same about the AS bonded glazing, it looks extremely smart and presumably scratch resistant, but I wonder about the practicality re single glazing and ventilation. I like the idea of the tall fridge freezer in the v line 634, creating 3 drawers beneath the wardrobe, but am concerned about the limit to driver’s seat adjustment, as per your 610. Just got to find one to play with!
Colin

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Thanks Bernie,
I feel the same about the AS bonded glazing, it looks extremely smart and presumably scratch resistant, but I wonder about the practicality re single glazing and ventilation. I like the idea of the tall fridge freezer in the v line 634, creating 3 drawers beneath the wardrobe, but am concerned about the limit to driver’s seat adjustment, as per your 610. Just got to find one to play with!
Colin

We had a Kemerton XL for about 6 weeks, before we rejected it a couple of years ago, and appearance wise they do look nice with the windows, but I remember we got caught in a summer downpour, had to shut all the windows and roof lights, and it was like a sauna after a few minutes, with only sliding windows you can not leave them open in rain.

Aug 3, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
3 years campervan, many as a tugger
Autocruise do one that may suit , good luck with the hunt!

Nov 22, 2018
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2018
Try S and L motorhomes. They have a 6.4 Apollo, which we have, ready for sale now according to their website. We've had ours over a year now and it's great! Check it out.

Jan 12, 2017
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
We downsized from a Swift 7.5m coachbuilt to a AT V Line 635SE, and we are delighted we made the swop.
The twin beds configuration is great for us, I’m 6’1 so sleep on the near side bed which is a few inches longer than the offside one. Our Springer Flossie sleeps on the floor between us in her bed.
We’ve made a few of the usual alterations, and it’s been great. No major issues whatsoever. We bought it new in Dec 2018 and have now 11,000 miles. 2 major European trips 3 months each. We’re off to Norway in April for 3 months and will try to get up to the Artic Circle, not sure if I’m being ambitious!

Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
Hi all, we’re considering downsizing to a 6.4m Ducato. I don’t want rear belted travel seats / front dinette. All the continentals I’ve seen have this. I want 2 long rear (?) settees, one of which at least 6’. Does this mean I only have the option of an Autotrail v-line 634 or 635?
Suggestions please! Thanks.
If you can cope with 6m check out an East Neuk Fifer Touring L. We love the space, masses of kitchen work space and versatility.
20190830_183009.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We downsized from a Swift 7.5m coachbuilt to a AT V Line 635SE, and we are delighted we made the swop.
The twin beds configuration is great for us, I’m 6’1 so sleep on the near side bed which is a few inches longer than the offside one. Our Springer Flossie sleeps on the floor between us in her bed.
We’ve made a few of the usual alterations, and it’s been great. No major issues whatsoever. We bought it new in Dec 2018 and have now 11,000 miles. 2 major European trips 3 months each. We’re off to Norway in April for 3 months and will try to get up to the Artic Circle, not sure if I’m being ambitious!
Pleased you're enjoying your PVC but you need to update your MH type on the left as you've still got it down as a Swift Bolero! :giggle:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Another vote for the IH630RD, this has the barn doors, the IH630RL has the fixed rear panel. We were too mean to pay the extra 3 or 4 grand but pretend it’s because we like the freedom to open the rear doors when it’s very hot!
Both front seats turn round easily. We nearly went for a Vantage second time round but the IH just look a bit more plush. Interestingly Scott Naylor who started Vantage has now left whoever bought them out and set up on his own again. They are called Consort motorhomes and are just like Vantage but he’s gone back to the drop down sink in the bathroom which is the only thing I don’t like on our IH.

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Cant be too ambitious Borr, but no way would we head North,,, Plennee'A cold wet weather in Norfolk,,, exit the Chunnel and hang a rite, wheel amidships, compass heading South, full ahead both!
Love it!
????

LiquidLunch

Free Member
Apr 28, 2014
Prestatyn
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
Long time!
We downsized last year from an A class Knaus to an Autosleeper Stanway PVC, we love it and certainly haven't regretted it. Don't even miss the fixed beds, you just adjust to what you have and pack with a bit more thought.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back