Free Member
Dec 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome64
Exp
Since 2014
Hi folks,

We have a Spinflo 3-burner hob. Other than a few replacement thermocouples it has always worked fine.

This evening I went to turn on one of the burners, pushed down the knob and it didn't want to turn. Both of the others were fine.

I pulled the relevant knob off (ouch) and tried using a pair of pliers directly on the metal spindle. It pushes down but just won't turn.

It hasn't shown any signs of wearing out previously, it's just a sudden seizure.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or have any suggestions to free it up without snapping/bending anything. I don't want to put too much force on it. I've already bent the metal clip which sits in the knob to hold that firm. I now have a floppy knob, though that's an easy fix.

Any advice appreciated.

Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
Have exactly the same problem with the kitchen hob in the house. Have just been told it has to be replaced by a gas fitter and will cost £40 for the valve and £80 fitting.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi folks,

We have a Spinflo 3-burner hob. Other than a few replacement thermocouples it has always worked fine.

This evening I went to turn on one of the burners, pushed down the knob and it didn't want to turn. Both of the others were fine.

I pulled the relevant knob off (ouch) and tried using a pair of pliers directly on the metal spindle. It pushes down but just won't turn.

It hasn't shown any signs of wearing out previously, it's just a sudden seizure.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or have any suggestions to free it up without snapping/bending anything. I don't want to put too much force on it. I've already bent the metal clip which sits in the knob to hold that firm. I now have a floppy knob, though that's an easy fix.

Any advice appreciated.
We had one that did it, sprayed it with wd40 for a day or two and it freed off , no problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Esther_99

Esther_99

Free Member
Dec 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome64
Exp
Since 2014
Just a short update. All fixed.

I took the advice to us WD40 and some light oil. I sprayed the spindle twice a day for three days. It drips through the control valve, so I placed some tissue in the cutlery draw.

After three days I used an adjustable spanner, tightened flush to the flat side of the spindle, to depress and turn the tap. It turned easily with the spanner. I spent a few minutes turning it back and forth, refitted the knob and it's good as new.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back