LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
More bloody scans at Bishop Auckland hosp.... not allowed to drink or eat 4 hrs before... so had to get up early for intake of tea.. :giggler:

Already had another lung test yesterday.. :banghead:

Going to tell them... no more fed up with it all...
Whilst they are testing and treating you there is still hope, once you give up then there is no hope!
Enjoy your tea.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
More bloody scans at Bishop Auckland hosp.... not allowed to drink or eat 4 hrs before... so had to get up early for intake of tea.. :giggler:

Take care Mo. :hugs:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None

whatever your up for mate, it’s the best time of the day!! Good luck today, both of you,, thinking of you both! Xx.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Do not go gentle into that good night
Dylan Thomas - 1914-1953

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,, and here is the news!!

I awoke about 3.30,, nice shower, few brews and left at 5.30 am to go to this breakfast business club meeting!! I arrived about ten mins early, went into hotel, was greeted by a couple of blokes, got a brew and was introduced to about 5 people! Plumber/ electrician, tree surgeon, log burner fitter, all nice lads and we had a laugh!

Then it got more formal, about 35 people arrived, accountant, HR woman, printer, will writer,, lots of different professionals ,,, nice bunch,, We all went into the meeting room, sat at allocated spaces and proceeded to have a proper meeting! There is a format, and it’s always adhered to!!

then after a few speeches it was up to everyone to stand up individually and for 60 secs tell everyone about themselves, what they do and more specifically, tell the others what they want for business in the following week !!

Then it came round to me, I had a go, just telling them what I do, and what I need, work wise! I havnt spoken in front of that many people since I was in court!! This went better though, at least I didn’t get six months!!!

they then took me aside, asked what I thought, asked if I wanted to join, and I said yes,,, it’s the perfect networking opportunity for someone new to the area, and now it means I’m the only builder allowed in the group! Bonus!! The last one left cause he got too busy! Lol.

after that, I had a nice breakfast £15.00 robbing gits,, and then a nice drive back,,,

chilling at home now, so alls good,, chat later, I’m gonna get a brew! Xxxx

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Morning,, just got up, having my first brew!
Slept well and I’m out early,, I will let you know what happened later! Xxx
Up at 3.30 is not sleeping well in my book.... it’s “I’ve been up most of the night”?

what time do you go to bed,? 7pm...?

mind you I don’t have to get up for work... although getting up is hard work these days....?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Good morning,, and here is the news!!

I awoke about 3.30,, nice shower, few brews and left at 5.30 am to go to this breakfast business club meeting!! I arrived about ten mins early, went into hotel, was greeted by a couple of blokes, got a brew and was introduced to about 5 people! Plumber/ electrician, tree surgeon, log burner fitter, all nice lads and we had a laugh!

Then it got more formal, about 35 people arrived, accountant, HR woman, printer, will writer,, lots of different professionals ,,, nice bunch,, We all went into the meeting room, sat at allocated spaces and proceeded to have a proper meeting! There is a format, and it’s always adhered to!!

then after a few speeches it was up to everyone to stand up individually and for 60 secs tell everyone about themselves, what they do and more specifically, tell the others what they want for business in the following week !!

Then it came round to me, I had a go, just telling them what I do, and what I need, work wise! I havnt spoken in front of that many people since I was in court!! This went better though, at least I didn’t get six months!!!

they then took me aside, asked what I thought, asked if I wanted to join, and I said yes,,, it’s the perfect networking opportunity for someone new to the area, and now it means I’m the only builder allowed in the group! Bonus!! The last one left cause he got too busy! Lol.

after that, I had a nice breakfast £15.00 robbing gits,, and then a nice drive back,,,

chilling at home now, so alls good,, chat later, I’m gonna get a brew! Xxxx
Sounds like a good opportunity. ...??

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Well done Ian - sounds as though you've just landed on your feet again!

I reckon the networking opportunities for seeking business should be a good investment of your time and money. Great to meet other folk and get exclusivity as the only builder there.

No doubt a decent breakfast too...

What could be better! (y)

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
There are many on here who don’t spend £15 a week on breakfasts, but would manage to eat them if they were for free ?

Yes mate, but when I’m eating it after I’ve paid and someone comes up to me with a customers details who wants a 25,000 extension, it’s cheap breakfast! Lol

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Up at 3.30 is not sleeping well in my book.... it’s “I’ve been up most of the night”?

what time do you go to bed,? 7pm...?

mind you I don’t have to get up for work... although getting up is hard work these days....?

It’s strange smiffy, cause I’m not working yet, I’m not at all sleeping like normal ! I might just have an hour in the chair in the afternoon as well ! Lol. ,,

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
ianthebuilder. I got a bit behind with all the posts Ian since just before you picked up the keys to your new gaff, however, it's great to read how things are progressing for you, and so early into the year as well. It's good to see you on your uppers, and long may it continue. ?
Congratulations getting welcomed in on the trade syndicate, which sounds really positive and worthwhile.

Good luck with the friendship from POF, and good luck keeping the cat lady (and the stench) at bay. I can't believe she's been given occupancy with even one cat, never mind two or more. They never sh1t in their own garden, it's always someone else's. ?

I'll have a couple of ? of Estrella for you tonight pal, whilst here in sunny Benidorm. ?

Cheers :drink:

Jock. ?

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
As I mentioned earlier, I was in the BNI Breakfast Club for 5 years, it got me loads of business (y)
Like most things though, you only get out what you put in, so the more reeral biz you give others in the group, the obliged they feel they have to work in getting some for you.
Some businesses were easier to find work for than others though, like our resident CO-OP Funeral Director for instance, sat there smug knowing that eventually the work would come to him:eek:
Lovely bloke though, very professional in selling his CO-Op funeral plans.
I, nor others will ever forget his 60 second speech tag line of.....Buy now....Die Later:LOL:

Good luck Ian....you know it makes sense, get in there!
LES

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
good evening,,,

well,,,,,I have just looked in my postbox and I am amazed!! I have recieved a lovely new home card, and a beautiful knife, yes knife, and it is lovely ,, all the way from Portugal,, from Nigel and Pamela ( sundowners). What a smashing thought and gift! My life just keeps getting better! Thank you so much Pamela,, I hope your both well and I love you all. !! Yes including the dog! Lol xxxxx
image.jpg

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I wondered that - are women allowed Ian?? Just curious ?
There were more women than men in our group.
They were doing everything from being Accountants, to selling Herbal Life, all types of massages & alternative therapy, Potions & Lotions, to Bespoke travel agents, and many more that I cant recall at the moment.
Us men were outnumbered, didnt stand a chance!:LOL: And they should look after IAN, no need to be on POF anymore,who says you cant combine love & work life(y):LOL:
LES

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
good evening,,,

well,,,,,I have just looked in my postbox and I am amazed!! I have recieved a lovely new home card, and a beautiful knife, yes knife, and it is lovely ,, all the way from Portugal,, from Nigel and Pamela ( sundowners). What a smashing thought and gift! My life just keeps getting better! Thank you so much Pamela,, I hope your both well and I love you all. !! Yes including the dog! Lol xxxxxView attachment 358591
There’s quite a few Funsters who will vouch for how good they are. Not flash but really good. Just be careful, because they are very sharp. You should get a lot of use out if it.

Glad you received it, it’s nice to know the postal system does work at times.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,,,

well I got a bit more kip than I thought I would, about 9/10 hrs,, must be tired due to all the shopping! Lol.

The breakfast club was good yesterday, they have already phoned the two references I put down to check up on me,, and I’m gladto say I recieved a glowing reference from both!! But I should have done really, one was Stewart and the other was the local builder that I’m supposed to be starting for on Monday ( more news about him in a min!)

I had an email from the bloke that introduced me into BNIand he’s the one doing my printing, shirts etc, all going well and they will be ready in a day or two,, he also for £45.00 is setting me up a Facebook page, so I emailed him some pics etc and I think he’s doing that today, I hope it looks nice, I’m sure it will,, then all he has to do is explain to me, step by step how to access it, add pics and comments as I go etc !! Really looking forward to this year, it’s started so well for me, I do wonder if it can get any better,,

now the builder I have done a bit of work for!!

just recieved a text, putting me off, again, till next Wednesday,, I can’t wait to get some work of my own!! I really don’t like others being involved in my earning potential! Still if it happens and I get 3 days next week, it’s a start!!

was with the lad that’s moving in above me for an hour last night, lovely bloke Den, he’s looking forward to moving in,, and we had to laugh cause the first thing he did when he opened his door, was to reach in his bag, and pull out and plug in an air freshener, by his front door,,, I can’t stand that fkg cat piss smell he said! Lol I had to laugh,, The update on that is, the girl has been told to get rid of two of the four cats,, and she’s now trying to do just that,, but the most she’s done is ask den if he wants them,, she got a very short sharp reply,, 2 words, last one was off!!

I think we’re all due an inspection visit soon, maybe more will be said then! I know not!!

So having 5 baths a day, constantly running my hand over my radiators, while looking at my thermostats, doing 3 loads of washing a day, and using the porcelain toilet at every opportunity, without having to tramp through a muddy field to get rid of my shit,, I’m not missing van life at all ,,, but,,,,, I do often look at pics of Helga, and the sites I’ve seen and been come flooding back!! Isn’t it amazing this journey called life! You really have no idea what will happen, or where you will end up! Just a tiny speck of dust in the universe! Trying to do the best we can, in this society where all too much is geared toward monetary success! Some of the nicest people I have ever met, ever, have had even less than me, and some absolutely nothing at all bar the clothes they stand in !!

right enough of that,, I have plans to make, to kick of my future empire,, and leave all those horrid homeless and nuisance people with nothing but dreams,,, way behind!! ( I wonder if that’s the attitude to have to make money). Lol. I hope not!!

chat later, xxx

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Glad you received it, it’s nice to know the postal system does work at times

It sure does, but I'm wondering how many terrorist watch lists Ian might have ended up on receiving that through the post, you could have included a copy of the Koran for good measure :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
you’ve worried me now sedge !!!

I’ve never heard that one before! X
Yeah iv heard that too, seemed a strange thing to get through the post but didn't want to appear miserable, how did it get through customs?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back