LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
One of them just for a week and you will not have to worry about next months rent. But do you really want one of old mo's cast off's;)
cast offs? That IS old-mo with a massive heap of photoshopping

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

nobby

Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
£1000 a month is nothing to Ian, weeks work I’m sure he can find that every month

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
He hasn't managed to find it in the last two years:(
. I didn’t need it for the last 2 years!!

but I have got by,, without accruing any debt!

this year will be the first in a long time that I have had a proper base, van and the chance to get on!! Don’t worry about me chas,, I’ve said it before,, it’s not and never will be all about the money!! As long as I pay my way with a few extra bob I’ll be fine! X

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Do like we did setting up home. Save your money for the moment, coffee tables equals two suitably sized stout cardboard boxes each covered with a tea towel. :gum:

yes I had a couple of banana boxes which would have been perfect mike, but like a dickhead I put them out the back in the garden with all the other cardboard and their soaking wet and useless now! I shall have to go out today and replace! Lol.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,,

well this is the story,,, the zip is screwed, as you can see,, I phoned DFS and they’ve told me to take it in to them and their in-house upholsterers will fix it! Bonus,,, now all I have to do is say that I’m bringing it in for the geezer that bought it! Lolol xx image.jpg

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
I don't know who it was {maybe chaser] was walking down the road when he found a
unopened wage packet with no name on it.
When he got to work he opened it and found there was £300.00 in it.
His workmates said what a lucky sod you are.
LUCKY he replied...……………… Look how much tax they have taken off me. :rolleyes: :giggle:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I have kept my gob shut.... But..... Ian is a big boy now..... I expect he has been round the block a few times and seen a lot more of life than some....

I know a lot will mean well with all the suggestions on buying this and that and what he is best doing with his money... But at the end of the day.... It is his money, to spend as he wishes..

I expect he is grateful to a lot of suggestions and has taken some on board... But reading this thread, (And I enjoy Ian`s postings. (y) )... it`s as if some are treating him like a 4 year old kid who has just been given their first ever £5 note...

Cut the bloke some slack..... Do what YOU think is right Ian..... And good luck to you mate... :hugs:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I have kept my gob shut.... But..... Ian is a big boy now..... I expect he has been round the block a few times and seen a lot more of life than some....

I know a lot will mean well with all the suggestions on buying this and that and what he is best doing with his money... But at the end of the day.... It is his money, to spend as he wishes..

I expect he is grateful to a lot of suggestions and has taken some on board... But reading this thread, (And I enjoy Ian`s postings. (y) )... it`s as if some are treating him like a 4 year old kid who has just been given their first ever £5 note...

Cut the bloke some slack..... Do what YOU think is right Ian..... And good luck to you mate... :hugs:

Well said old-mo have been thinking the same know everyone has ianthebuilder s best interest at heart, but he, we all need to do it our way.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Ian`s theme tune.... (y) :wink::dance2::giggler:

My Way
Frank Sinatra
And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I've traveled each and every highway
But more, much more than this
I did it my way
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way
Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way
I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill my share of losing
And now, as tears subside
I find it all so amusing
To think I did all that
And may I say - not in a shy way
Oh no, oh no, not me
I did it my way
For what is a man, what has he got
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way
Yes, it was my way....... :clap::roflmto:

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years

Well said, wanted to say something along the same lines and did earlier in the thread about the van Ian wanted to buy.
But as most forums I have been on, some people take criticism against thier posts personally and go off on one.
At the end of the day posting on here is just your opinion and everyone is entitled to one.
Good luck Ian and next time I'm working your side of Norwich would be nice to meet up.

Mark.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good evening,,,

well I walked into DFS with the cushion and no one said a word!! There was the same sofa on display and I asked if I could just swap the cushion but they wouldn’t let me, so their in-house sower upper is going to sort it!

then I went shopping!! I went into wilkos and got a set of mats, steering wheel cover and wheel trims for the van,, she looks great!

then I went to the range and had a look at large pictures and large mirrors etc, couldn’t quite agree with myself as to what to get, so I left it,, but I did buy some bed sheets, and pillow cases!

on the way out I saw a collection of rugs and I liked the look of a gold/ yellow one, so I bought it,, and they had a velvet box that would do me lovely as a foot stool, and storage for mybedding etc, so I bought that too! Oh ,, and I needed a baking tray, so I got one, and a small lampshade for the hall, so I got that too! Then I went to B@Q And bought two little side/ coffee tables that were cheap,, they will do till I see something I like better, then they can go next to my new bed, whenever I get one! Oh yes,, and I bought a kitchen bin, on offer for £22 quid ( reduced from £45). Bargain!! So I had a good day,, and I spent some money,, and thoroughly enjoyed myself!!
image.jpg

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Good evening,,,

well I walked into DFS with the cushion and no one said a word!! There was the same sofa on display and I asked if I could just swap the cushion but they wouldn’t let me, so their in-house sower upper is going to sort it!

then I went shopping!! I went into wilkos and got a set of mats, steering wheel cover and wheel trims for the van,, she looks great!

then I went to the range and had a look at large pictures and large mirrors etc, couldn’t quite agree with myself as to what to get, so I left it,, but I did buy some bed sheets, and pillow cases!

on the way out I saw a collection of rugs and I liked the look of a gold/ yellow one, so I bought it,, and they had a velvet box that would do me lovely as a foot stool, and storage for mybedding etc, so I bought that too! Oh ,, and I needed a baking tray, so I got one, and a small lampshade for the hall, so I got that too! Then I went to B@Q And bought two little side/ coffee tables that were cheap,, they will do till I see something I like better, then they can go next to my new bed, whenever I get one! Oh yes,, and I bought a kitchen bin, on offer for £22 quid ( reduced from £45). Bargain!! So I had a good day,, and I spent some money,, and thoroughly enjoyed myself!!
View attachment 357335

I had to renew my subs just for this one post, I think a little bit of dribble came out, just wait til chaser gets down from the roof...

I will come up to see Ian in your new pile of bricks early next month.

Keep on keeping on, fella.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Good evening,,,

View attachment 357335

OMG Ian,o_O Chaser is going to have a fit.::bigsmile:. Don’t forget you will need seat covers in the van, both seats. Then if you get company at any time, just take covers off to reveal nice clean seats.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Have you seen the bloke about the job , are you starting on Monday.?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back