IAN and HELGA,,ONWARDS and UPWARDS!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
What a lovely post. It’s hard, losing a parent. It feels as if I just lost my dad but it’s 2 and a half years. I think of him often ... usually when it’s something he would have liked to see or do.
You e done a grand job coming through your troubles. Wishing you a healthy and happy 2020.

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Lovely words in your last post, Ian. The world could do with more people like you.
Today I am thinking of my brother who would have been 70 today (had stroke on a Saturday night and life support switched off 48 hours later, 8 years ago). Best wishes to you (and all Funsters) for Christmas and 2020. Great news about the iminent move into the flat, and the sale of Helga (but with some sadness also).
Onwards and upwards.
David and Anne.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well it’s hammering down here now, and has been for the last twenty minutes!

oh, hello,, it’s stopped!! Handy!

town was busy, I’m glad I wasn’t shopping!!
Said hello to a few people and made a few smile,, I’m happy with that!

hope your day is not too much of a mad dash or panic? Xxxx

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
No last minute panics here! Going to our daughter's tomorrow but have been tasked with cooking the gammon joint (done this morning and now sliced ready to go); making braised red cabbage (done a couple of days ago and now in the freezer, just need to get out later to take). Have also made a dozen mince pies for Joe this morning.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Ian, hope things improve for you in 2020.
Onwards and upwards.
Dave & Sandra.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Nicely said Ian, have a great Christmas and New year.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your flat when you're in :xgrin:

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Have a great Xmas and a prosperous and healthy New Year, keep posting you are a great inspiration to us all.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well it must be my lucky day!!

my landlord ( landowner) ( get orf me land blast you)
Has just knocked on my door with two shrink wrapped packets from his dad’s butcher shop,,, 6 handmade sausages, and 8 medallions of fillet steak, plus six freshly laid eggs! What a breakfast I’m going to have in the morning! I should have bought a lottery ticket! Lolol. Xxxx

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
What a lovely post Ian and Happy Christmas to you. You haven't said where you'll be spending tomorrow but I hope it's with people as lovely as you. I wish you all the very best for 2020 and the new chapter in your life and hope it's everything you hope it will be and deserve. Please do not stop posting - we will miss you too much. xx

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Ian!

Hope all goes smoothly and to plan over the next couple of weeks...

Cheers, Mike (y) :xsmile:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
No last minute panics here! Going to our daughter's tomorrow but have been tasked with cooking the gammon joint (done this morning and now sliced ready to go); making braised red cabbage (done a couple of days ago and now in the freezer, just need to get out later to take). Have also made a dozen mince pies for Joe this morning.
And the mince pies are great but Denise should have made more:xThumb::h:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Happy Christmas Ian

Greyhound 2.jpg

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Good morning,,,

Christmas Eve,, doesn’t that sound nice!
The eve of Christmas,, the day before,,
I actually think that this is the proper start of the holiday ( holy day)

I won’t be going to church, I havnt done that in quite a while, but I will have a little chat with mum and dad later, just to let them know I’m thinking of them,, ( if I can get dad off the golf course !!)

Stewart is popping over this morning, early, and dropping me in town, I have a fewChristmas cards to hand out,, and I always enjoy that!

I find that this time of year, is really the only time I sit and think and consider my life’s journey so far, it seems to come round so quick nowadays,,,

I’m a really lucky bloke,, like all people my life has been a journey of ups and downs, but no matter how down it goes, it never seems to last long,, I have been blessed with a good work ethic, and I think a generous giving nature, sure maybe people would say too generous, to my detriment, but I don’t think so,,,

I have come to believe that no matter how much I need, or what I think I want, something happens in life that gives you just enough to live with a smile on your face,, and I would like you to remember, because I do often, that no matter what you have, or think you havnt, you only have to walk around with an observational eye and you will come across, and see lots and lots of people who have a lot less, and have to put up and live with more heartache than we ever will !!!

I am lucky enough to have been the beneficiary of some funsters generosity this year, I have no idea why, but it came at an amazing time for me, and it seemed to kickstart an extremely positive reaction towhere my year has ended up,,,

early this year I lost my mum, as you probably know, that coupled with a few other minor setbacks, put me a bit out of kilter, I lost a bit of direction, and motivation, but with a lot of positivity from people I managed to turn it round,, and it’s only when Emerging from those dark times that I realised what selfish thoughts I had,, it was all why me, I’m unlucky,what did I do to deserve this shit! Not giving or sparing a thought for anyone else,,,,, But then I was reminded of the day I took my dad to the hospital, just to get some results,, We were sitting in a waiting area and it was full of children and teens that all had one type of cancer or another,, after chatting to a few, laughing and joking with them my dad said to me,,, I’ve had a great life Ian,, I’ve been all over the world, had a great career,, met and fell in love with your mum, had a family,, And now I sit here and I find myself wishing I could take all these problems from these kids and pass away with all their cancers,and let them live a normal life!! But it don’t work like that!!

I’m not a religious bloke, I think I believe in a god, to an extent, but I’m a firm believer in karma, doing good for others, and what goes round comes round, and I do know that some of you do too !!

anyway, this time of year, I know, is harder for some than others, but I, for one, will be counting my blessings, thanking someone for my health and all the support I have recieved from you all,,

I’m looking forward to 2020,, I believe it’s going to be a good year for me, I'm excited about it,,,

I shall think of Helga, often, and the opportunity she gave me to meet and or chat to, both online and in the real world, the people I did,,, I feel blessed to have had the chance to do what I’ve done for the last 4/5years,, and it’s a part of my life I will never forget!!
But as life is,,, we all move on,, and now I’m ready for another chapter, adventure, and a journey that will take me god knows where,,,

But wherever it goes and whatever happens I will try to keep a smile on my face and an open heart,,,,

thanks for this year, it’s been emotional! Lol

merry Christmas, happy new year, and I will chat later! Xxxxxxxxx. Thank you Motorhome fun,,,, I love you all ,,,, xxxxx
Ian - an utterly brilliant post. Please stay with Fun - you'd be sorely missed. I think everything you've said can be summarised in a simple phrase 'what goes around comes around'. Best Wishes.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Merry Christmas Ian !
What a lovely post , you always wear your heart on your sleeve and have made us laugh over the years.
Stay with Motorhome fun , I want to find out about your new adventures.
Have a very Happy 2020!

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Merry Christmas,,,,

I’m up and having a brew!
my sleeping pattern is completely random at the moment,, all because I’m not doing any regular working hours! Lol.

I’ll be back in bed fast asleep by 8 ,, lol

anyway,, Merry Christmas to all,, have a great day! Xxxx.

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
Merry Christmas Ian,I've been following your thread right from the start and if anyone deserves a bit of good luck you do.
I will miss your posts & adventures with Helga,and looking forward to the new ones.

Have a great day.

Rich

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back