TPMS (1 Viewer)

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi Guy's what the thinking on Tyrepal tpms do you really need them or are they just something else to clutter the dash , had a look on their site last night and it seems they are on offer til Monday , we have them on the car and they only notified once that something was wrong, so i will need to get my order in if i decide to go with them, so any thoughts of which way to go .

OP
OP
P

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi Wombles, was messing about on the site last night and tried to place an order but couldn't use the code maybe something to do with black friday?? will seee what the thoughts are by Sunday and will make my mind up then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles, was messing about on the site last night and tried to place an order but couldn't use the code maybe something to do with black friday?? will seee what the thoughts are by Sunday and will make my mind up then.
Hi - all discount codes (including the C&MC one too now) only work on normal website prices not the Sale ones but the current Sale prices are very good. We see it as a safety product that we wouldn't choose to travel without.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Got a 6 pack (TPMS not stomach unfortunately) but can only get 4 to sync and work. Followed instructions but no joy

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Fitted on motorhome and they identified a slow puncture (screw through tread). Rather that than a subsequent potential blowout at speed!:xeek:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Got a 6 pack (TPMS not stomach unfortunately) but can only get 4 to sync and work. Followed instructions but no joy
As Nirvanauk said - sure they will be able to advise & get it sorted.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Never bought them but, as they came as standard on our new motorhome, we will certainly use them.

OP
OP
P

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
so is the thought better to have them than not.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
They have alarmed for me on three separate times.

Found a screw and slow puncture three times. Wouldn’t be without it now.

OP
OP
P

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi Guys thought i would let you know just placed the order for tyrepal

Oct 12, 2014
Opposite the Needles
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years
I’ve just seen this thread and it’s jogged my memory that I’ve been thinking about getting a tpms. Having had a quick look at the Tyrepal website I’m a little confused .... the Solar Colour New Edition model is half the price of the TC215B model but appears to do the same thing job and the latter would only be needed if you are towing a trailer?

Is that correct? Does the ‘Solar model do the job for a wheel 7.3 length motorhome? Does it run on solar power and if so is it adequate all year, or does the solar description only apply to an improved screen clarity? I’m rather confused, and while I don’t want to spend more than I need to, I do want something reliable that does the job ... and this offer looks too good to miss.

Thanks in advance for any info

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
hblewett Got Solar Colour fitted to our 7.6m motorhome. The monitor \ control box is solar powered (the sensors are battery) and mounted on the dashboard. When we store the motorhome the windscreen and cab windows are covered so it gets minimal light but it does switch off after a few minutes and comes back to life when you open the door and get in (movement).
Never had to use the usb charger (supplied) yet so seems to work effectively.

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
I’ve just seen this thread and it’s jogged my memory that I’ve been thinking about getting a tpms. Having had a quick look at the Tyrepal website I’m a little confused .... the Solar Colour New Edition model is half the price of the TC215B model but appears to do the same thing job and the latter would only be needed if you are towing a trailer?

Is that correct? Does the ‘Solar model do the job for a wheel 7.3 length motorhome? Does it run on solar power and if so is it adequate all year, or does the solar description only apply to an improved screen clarity? I’m rather confused, and while I don’t want to spend more than I need to, I do want something reliable that does the job ... and this offer looks too good to miss.

Thanks in advance for any info

Solar can use upto 6 sensors, possible 7. The 215b upto 22 sensors.

We have the solar on the Toad, A 215b on the Rv for 7 tyres and covers the 4 on the Toad when A Framing.

As the Rv is over 10mtr, we fitted a booster.

Jun 24, 2019
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer 504i A Class
Exp
Since 2016 & 20+ shed dragger
silly question time....

- Can you inflate the tyres with the sensor on or do you have to take them off?

- Do the sensors screw onto metal high pressure valves in the same way as normal valves?

Many thanks...

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
silly question time....

- Can you inflate the tyres with the sensor on or do you have to take them off?

- Do the sensors screw onto metal high pressure valves in the same way as normal valves?

Many thanks...
Take them off.
Yes, screw onto hpv's.

Phod's

Free Member
Sep 1, 2018
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner A573 Ducato
Exp
Since 2008
Had them for 4/5 years and they are great for ensuring tyre pressures remain at the correct/optimal level and warn of high temperature or falling/rising pressure and we get a discount on insurance because of them (5%, I think it was).
Perhaps they do make you a little paranoid sometimes but better and safer than being complacent or even totally oblivious to a potential problem.
They have a small screw to secure to the valve (Allen key) and this can be a pain, so I've removed mine and now it takes seconds to put air into tyres.
Wouldn't be without them now!

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
I just fitted The Solar unit on my tag axle Pilote.

I had been waiting for a few months till they brought in the zinc plated senders that are designed to avoid galvanic corrosion on aluminium valve stems.

They were £108 delivered with two extra senders. I havn't had a chance to test them properly but they were a doddle to fit.

Its a hundred notes well spent I would say. Especially as I am ferrying round my two most precious possession, my KTM and my 1200 Bonneville; oh and my kids! And the wifes there sometimes as well....

However, what I did find, even with two compressors and two gauges, and a garage fill, and much cursing and fettling, is that its really f**king hard to get all six tyres to match at 70psi, which is where I want them to be!

Hoodathunkit?

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
I like it as it alerts me for lowpressure and reminds me I need to check the PSI. Never had a problem, have them on the cars so why not on the MH good value imho espec if stops a blowout or a slow punture which could leave you stranded in middle of no where awaiting recovery/change of tyre. Prefer to be forewarned.

Jun 24, 2019
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer 504i A Class
Exp
Since 2016 & 20+ shed dragger
Just been checking the Tyrepal site and they do not recommend using their product if the tyres have sealant in them. The modern sealants are very efficient and safe so the question is which would be the better solution - Tyrepal with all the befits stated above or tyre sealant which could stop most leaks/punctures?

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I just fitted The Solar unit on my tag axle Pilote.
I had been waiting for a few months till they brought in the zinc plated senders that are designed to avoid galvanic corrosion on aluminium valve stems.

I've just purchased the Tyrepal colour solar (thanks Wombles). My valve stems are aluminium and therefore checked with Tyrepal that the latest sensors were compatible.

Louise Redford of Tyrepal confirmed that if the box packaging had the words "4 TCSO/N SENSORS" then the sensors were suitable for use with aluminium stems.

Oct 12, 2014
Opposite the Needles
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years
TPMS arrived today. I've just read the booklet that comes with it - it's nice to have it properly explained in 'English' English !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back