Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (5 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Interupting the politics momentarily and not expecting anyone to do anything but I've just spent a very worrying hour or so with my pup. She went out on to my patio sometime after her supper (maybe 9:45ish) I was busy studying Spanish on my computer so wasn't paying much attention.
Next thing I saw she was rubbing her face and a bit later pawing at her eyes.
I ran a teatowel under the cold tap and wiped/bathed her face and eyes, still not to alarmed.
Next time I looked her eyes were swollen up and nearly closed, then the whole top of her muzzle and forehead swelled.
I got a pack of frozen peas wrapped in a teatowel and held over her face and eyes. That seemed to lessen the worst of the swelling.
But then she began to growl and threaten. Then I gave her one of my anti-histom one pills. A little while later she moved on to her bed and is now lying sleeping. :unsure: :oops:
Not so good , I wonder what's caused that ..I hope she's better In morning maybe best getting her checked by vet just incase

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Cane toads are not good, I have seen reports of dogs suffering after being in contact with them.?
Hope she is better today. ? Bob.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well we have cleared pet control and check in and customs search in shed

Getting on an earlier train 09.20 so in the queue now

I've seen this a few times before but beautiful old classic hymer parked at cite europe this morning
20191127_082305.jpg

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Well we have cleared pet control and check in and customs search in shed

Getting on an earlier train 09.20 so in the queue now

I've seen this a few times before but beautiful old classic hymer parked at cite europe this morning View attachment 348536
now that is nice, I love the old Hymers, looks like a old Winnebago.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Sorry but everything in life involves politics
And I guess at the end of this trip I'm just facing the fact if tories get back in it will be the last longterm trip I do?‍♂️
Why.? Hope I am still going for a long time yet..What has government got to do with travelling.? BUSBY.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Morning everyone, I'm just back from the vet having had Querida checked over.
She is absolutely fine and back to her noisy bumptious self!
He thinks the most probable cause was a wasp sting. I think with hindsight he is right, the wretched things are crawling about here in a dozy state.
Note to self, next time think of the obvious things first before frightening yourself with the less likely!
So thank you everyone for your support, it is a big comfort to know you are all there. Thanks (y) :dogthanks:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I know as someone probably 25 years younger than the average member on here that I'm banging my head of a brick wall trying to change folks minds
Yep, I doubt if you remember a labour government with basic rate income tax at 35% & higher rate at 95%, double the VAT rate on washing machines as they were classed as luxury items.
That the sort of thing we will be looking at if JC were to get in, god help us.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Wasp stings can be alarming on dogs, but seem to resolve quickly. Meg caught one last year, her lip swelled up so she looked like she was sucking a gobstopper but it went down quite soon without treatment.

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
Yep, I doubt if you remember a labour government with basic rate income tax at 35% & higher rate at 95%, double the VAT rate on washing machines as they were classed as luxury items.
That the sort of thing we will be looking at if JC were to get in, god help us.
And those fantastic days of British Rail - oh how we remember what a great service that was.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato compass drift
Exp
Interupting the politics momentarily and not expecting anyone to do anything but I've just spent a very worrying hour or so with my pup. She went out on to my patio sometime after her supper (maybe 9:45ish) I was busy studying Spanish on my computer so wasn't paying much attention.
Next thing I saw she was rubbing her face and a bit later pawing at her eyes.
I ran a teatowel under the cold tap and wiped/bathed her face and eyes, still not to alarmed.
Next time I looked her eyes were swollen up and nearly closed, then the whole top of her muzzle and forehead swelled.
I got a pack of frozen peas wrapped in a teatowel and held over her face and eyes. That seemed to lessen the worst of the swelling.
But then she began to growl and threaten. Then I gave her one of my anti-histom one pills. A little while later she moved on to her bed and is now lying sleeping. :unsure: :oops:

Had this with my dog before and gave a Piriton, the swelling went and the lumps/bumps on his back, and by a mere half hour later he was fine and dandy. Monitored it- but nothing seemed untoward. Hope all good now?

Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato compass drift
Exp
Wasp stings can be alarming on dogs, but seem to resolve quickly. Meg caught one last year, her lip swelled up so she looked like she was sucking a gobstopper but it went down quite soon without treatment.

My dog literally eats them out of the air- nothing I can do to stop him. I am not muzzling him all the time, sometimes they clearly hurt him when they sting ...other times he just glances a blow on the little nippers and they didn't get the full sting out

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They've killed the nhs , they can't put things right.
With my recent experiences via the wife, unfortunately I have to agree.
Cant trust a word the man says and that's a fact , he lies about everything
True. but then they all do.
I'm all for allowing England to vote on a Scottish indy referendum.....maybe that way we would actually get it.
That's why they won't allow it. :D :D
Good to hear she is back to normal & I reckon you are right re; the wasp.(y)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ireland, like Google!

Well that's more to do with Brexit than anything else ...they want to stay in an eu country ....I think many more will follow if we leave.
Tam PM replied to ref batteries. Did you receive it?
I did yes ...I'll drop you a message later
Been a busy day and driving most of it

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Well that's more to do with Brexit than anything else
Not sure about that - Google favoured their HQ in Ireland because of the generous tax deal that was offered.

"Apple, Google and Facebook Inc all base their European operations in Ireland, which has a low basic corporate tax rate. Ireland has successfully resisted efforts by other European states to align tax calculations across the region."
It is currently being investigated by EU authorities.

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Well that's more to do with Brexit than anything else ...they want to stay in an eu country ....I think many more will follow if we leave.

No it's purely financial i.e. Corp tax! I'd consider it also then have 'satellite' offices in the UK mainland.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back