Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you do 8 reviews a year, you'll get your subs here free. Reviews can be done in seconds, choose a star rating and add a few words.

Reviews must be made in the review centre but can be about anything related to motorhomes. Reviewing your van, service, BBQ, site, accessory, insurance, dealer, fitter, battery, tyres, bikes, aires etc etc. For your review to count toward subs you must add words to the review and it needs to be genuine.

I'm sure this will become a really good resource if enough of us review the service we receive or the kit we buy. (y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hope your pockets are deep to buy new servers in five or six years Jim.
I can see subscription revenue falling

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phod's

Free Member
Sep 1, 2018
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner A573 Ducato
Exp
Since 2008
Cynical I know but when someone is going to get something for nothing..........honesty and integrity goes out of the window, look at some of the Trip Advisor reports about fictional visits/reviews!
You've already said it now so it's difficult to go back on it...........but I believe that the 'real' members on here do and say "for free" because that's what being a part of a forum is all about, honesty, integrity and not for any personal gain..........leave it with you and be interested in the other comments, especially from life members who'll get sweet FA out of this, except maybe, cross!!!!

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Great idea Jim.
Will start doing reviews of sites we attend in the new year.
Used to do them all the time on UK campsites.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Cynical I know but when someone is going to get something for nothing..........honesty and integrity goes out of the window, look at some of the Trip Advisor reports about fictional visits/reviews!

It's not something for nothing, though is it.

You've already said it now so it's difficult to go back on it...........but I believe that the 'real' members on here do and say "for free" because that's what being a part of a forum is all about,
honesty, integrity and not for any personal gain..........leave it with you and be interested in the other comments,

How many reviews have you left?
especially from life members who'll get sweet FA out of this, except maybe, cross!!!!

Life members can add a year to their subs too I have no issue with that (y)

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Sounds good. We will have loads of stuff to review as buying our first van next week and all associated kit. If i do 8 reviews then i get next years sub?

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I would be happy to do reviews BUT I don't expect anything in return - I think the fees are well worth paying and reviews are part of what keeps the site alive and current.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
I have just posted a review of Milenco triple ramps, is this the sort of thing you are after and will qualify towards my count of 8?

*edit*
Think I started a new item so went back into the same to review. Still not sure this is correct?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
People usually leave reviews if they are really pleased or really disappointed with something, so most are either 5 or 1 star.
Now you might find more 3 star reviews, and are they as helpful? You want to hear the goods and the bads then make your own mind up not "I suppose it's OK". Still, it's better than nothing.

Phod's

Free Member
Sep 1, 2018
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner A573 Ducato
Exp
Since 2008
It's not something for nothing, though is it.

How many reviews have you left?

Life members can add a year to their subs too I have no issue with that (y)

That's s a great attitude to have...charming and not impressed and you'll see that as an almost brand new subscriber, I have left 0 reviews but that's surely not the point...........it's a forum where people would review if simply asked to?
As for reviews elsewhere such as TripAdvisor, very very many all honest and rarely a bad review as that can be a business' off day and a bad can destroy a business so instead of being a moaner I'll give a good review or general comment.
Reviews should never be for reward.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have left 0 reviews but that's surely not the point...

That is exactly the point, I have been cajoling, encouraging and embarrassing people into leaving reviews for years and they don't. if this can encourage a few to leave reviews great. We won't know until we try. But I know this audience well and if we have 20 people leave enough reviews to get a free sub, I'll be surprised.

But if it encourages/reminds just one person to take a few pics of the next site they are on then I will be happy and if it's 100 do it I'll be well happy (y) .

Phod's

Free Member
Sep 1, 2018
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner A573 Ducato
Exp
Since 2008
Reviews are opinions and my opinion was reacted to rudely as had been commented upon in a previous thread and as an element has been taken out of context............I see no sign of " sorry but............."

This would leave me to review your reaction...........poorly, if I were leaving a review!!

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim

Does it work in reverse.

If I do the reviews will you credit my account with a years subscription amount ??

I know what you paid for your life membership, but not knowing how long you will live how can I work out what a year is? So tell you what I'll do. I'll wait till your subs expire. Then a quick calculation will let us know what a year's subs cost you. I promise to add it to your estate. Can't say fairer than that, (y)

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Leave it with you and be interested in the other comments, especially from life members who'll get sweet FA out of this, except maybe, cross!!!!

They will hopefully get the satisfaction of helping other members out.... That`s reward enough... (y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I know what you paid for your life membership, but not knowing how long you will live how can I work out what a year is? So tell you what I'll do. I'll wait till your subs expire. Then a quick calculation will let us know what a year's subs cost you. I promise to add it to your estate. Can't say fairer than that, (y)

Very fair I’d say ?

God knows how you’re going to work out Old Mo’s ?

Edit Ohh hang on, you don’t need to know how long I’m going to survive.

Just give me the yearly rebate at the going rate.

See I worked it out eventually ?

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Jim, I could add more than a few reviews of aires but I wonder if it is worth looking at how this section is structured? There are only two in the France section but as more are added it will just grow to a list of place names with no context of where they are. Ideally there could be an interactive map but listing them by area would help. Not necessarily by Departments but for France perhaps regions or even just north, east, south, west and centre. Or by location - coastal, Riverside, mountains etc. Alternatively, list them in order of grading. CamperContact list the top three graded aires in each country - although this is hard to find hiding in the FAQs section. :)

My point is if you ever get to the heady position of having a few hundred reviews of aires it could be unusable without having some way of identifying the ones of interest.

OOf course you could start a new aires app.... :)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My point is if you ever get to the heady position of having a few hundred reviews of aires it could be unusable without having some way of identifying the ones of interest.

If it came to that we could easily split them by region (y)

• Thanks
Reactions: DBK

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
As a life member I am not cross.

But then being Welsh I am used to being abused and bullied by the English

And so you should be abused for being Welsh.

Don’t want you having an easy ride now do we ?

Just think how bad it would be if you were Scottish ?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I have submitted 8 and will do some more as and when, hopefully I have done them correctly.

I read in the small print that this does not start till June 2024... :doh: :wink::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back