LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Has it become more common to be interrupted whilst sleeping nowadays, or am I becoming more aware of it.
During this trip we have been disturbed on a few occasions......it has happened at the quietest of hideaway locations, the smallest of Swedish harbours (Paid location) to the most beautiful of lakeside Aires in France....do they come in search of us, find us by chance, or should we disable Google location on our Phones....
Are we not seen, do they not understand that there could be people, kids perhaps, sleeping in our vehicles...designed for, Sleeping in....older folk who would like to sleep rather that listed...if that's at all possible to the Boom of the Base notes of theirs, not our favourite tunes....
We now choose to stop at a private Aire during Friday and Saturday night...pay for silence....but they are never that far away, we can hear them in the distance, annoying someone else....perhaps they failed to find us tonight, thanks Google.....keep us secret....we need our rest.....time to plan tomorrow....now what's number one on our required agenda....

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I must say that I have chilled in the last few years, at one time you could have called me a bit of a lad, having worked on the door for £20 a night or free drinks and went for the drinks. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's an age thing, probably more of losing my sight in one eye, and the risk of having the other one shut. o_O
Or going from a country boy to living in an apartment in Spain, and not letting noise annoy me, because we rent out and our guests probably make a noise so we say nothing. :D2

We had some herbert's chatting outside our van a few nights ago, and providing they don't touch the van, :wink: giving me reason to do anything :Eeek: I just put my ear plugs in and enjoy another free night. :laughing: :rofl:
This made me smile on park4night. Bob.

Ps Sorry about the Pink Floyd but its wine o'clock and chilling.
Screenshot_20190921-192040_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I thought I was a bad sleeper

Then I got a fit bit which includes measuring sleep

Since I’ve been monitoring my sleep patterns it seems that I’m actually sleeping well (average 7.5 to 8 hours)

As a result I worry less about how well I’m sleeping, and I’m now sleeping even more

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I used to lie awake worrying about how long it took to get to sleep - when I actually monitored it, I found it was usually 7-10 minutes... so now I don't worry about it
? ? ?

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
As you get older you seem to be able to get away with less sleep and still feel refreshed.
when i happen to sleep all night i feel more tired in the morning, can't work that one out!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back