Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Just blown my budget and actually bought a new iMac 27" beautiful bit of gear BUT I now need to transfer thousands of photos over to it from the old PC. trouble is nobody seems to have a foolproof way for doing it. I do not have a clue so have ordered a 'Dummies book for idiots', to help me.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
Just blown my budget and actually bought a new iMac 27" beautiful bit of gear BUT I now need to transfer thousands of photos over to it from the old PC. trouble is nobody seems to have a foolproof way for doing it. I do not have a clue so have ordered a Dummies book for idiots to help me.
They really should give one of those books to everyone that buys one of those. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A FlavorChef electric oven/hob/grill cooker thing ... found it in a charity shop for £10 (used once, if that) and it looked 'interesting' ... hubby (aka cook) though it would be easier to use than trying to cook stuff under the grill or in a frying pan ... it is a very large round double grill which can just heat the base or base and lid so can have bottom and top heat for cooking stuff quicker and should be good for pizzas etc (original reason he wanted it!). The lid can also be flipped over so it then gives you 2 cooking plates. We've done 'fried' eggs (with no fry) and they are very nice, hubby also did some gammon slices on it tonight and they were nice and juicy too. I bet he has a go with a pizza tomorrow! :D

Its the same as this one on Ebay, except ours is black.

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Two new front tyres. ?
3AB3AEF8-3DA9-4508-BE03-096BA60328B3.jpeg

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Just blown my budget and actually bought a new iMac 27" beautiful bit of gear BUT I now need to transfer thousands of photos over to it from the old PC. trouble is nobody seems to have a foolproof way for doing it. I do not have a clue so have ordered a 'Dummies book for idiots', to help me.
You get quite a bit of space free but terrabytes of space if you buy subscription.
Everything is uploaded to the cloud automagically after you take the photo ( on a phone). It'll save documents and files too if you want it to.
Use the laptop to sign up / setup, let it "sync" then wjen its done, just sign into the account when you have the iMac setup and running, it will ask you how you want to store everything and DONE.
Suggest doing this on wifi rather than mobile connection for obvious reasons ???

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019

Ring Apple they will take you through it. If like me your a bit of numpty they can screen share they put an Arron your desktop and point to where you need to click they can’t get into your Mac you can shut them out anytime you wish. I have use the SS system maybe 40 times so much quicker. One word of warning if you use iPhoto it will put all photos in one big lump so you will have to sort them out you can talk to the Apple advisor about that. Good luck

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
In an effort to minimise my chances of adding to the french financial coffers when we next go across the Manche, I've bought one of these to stick right under my nose (just past the steering wheel.)
1568562107597.png

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Transit coachbuilt
Exp
8years & counting
Is that a gps speedo ?
Do you have a link ?
Cheers Keith.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A P.O.S. toaster from Argus.. £6.99
Got sick of keep repairing the rather posh and expensive one..At £6.99 if it lasts a year without me having to break out the tools, and then goes futt, I can simply get another one !

tommac

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
sold
Exp
Absolute NEWBIE
A plastic reel to hold 25m cable---A tablet holder (cos mine doesn`t flip up) -A subscription to Copilot and an E Bike --exciting times :ROFLMAO:

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
This week I bought.......

NOTHING ?

At last, after months / weeks prepping for our 1st MoHo jaunt to France (in our own Motorhome) - it’s all over as we are back home after a fab holiday; thus there was no need to buy anything this week apart from a few beers to drown my sorrow as I return to work :-(

Jan 10, 2015
East sussex
Funster No
MH
2002 Eura mobile
Exp
Since 2014
Some heat for the van. A diesel heater, Chinese from eBay. Works brilliant so far. £115 bargain I hope.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
3 x kites from Aldi at £2.99 each.

I have not flown a kite for donkey's years, and the last one I flew was me and my mates attempt at a man lifter.

I'll keep them on the van and watch out for people frantically winding their awning in, then I'll know it time to get the kites out. :giggle:

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Today I bought a new lawnmower mine old one packed up after I had cut one third of the grass
SWMBO bought a garden hoover because I never sweep the patio it always gets covered in cuttings. She has volunteered to do it now she can clear up the cuttings mechanically. She has put her means of transport back in the broom cupboard

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
new battery for my cordless disc cutter.
thermostat assembly for the oil cooler.

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Haven’t got my van yet but thought I’d get a Taylor Made extended screen cover from the Lincoln show as they were knocking them out for £135.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back