TyrePal TPMS Safety System For Tyres 20% Discount Code For Funsters (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks to Wombles and all For the Tyrepal sale info.
Went onto CMC member offers found discount code, then linked through to Tyrepal Sale website, placed order for the solar set, entered CMC code as well and got a further 10% discount, ended up paying £66 and a few pence.
Just hope they are easy to set up when they arrive, and that the solar side of things doesn't need too much sun to keep them fully charged, as we all know about the UK lack of sunshine for too much of the year.
I haven't read any details as yet but if there is a USB option to remotely charge that will be useful also.
Hopefully will feel a lot safer on long runs now.
Cheers everyone, happy safe travels to all.
Les
Good to hear that some other Funsters will be travelling a bit safer now :) Our solar unit only needs charging with the USB lead (provided with the kit) when the motorhome has been covered during the winter as charges fine the rest of the time on the dashboard (y) If you have any problems setting it up then call their Technical services as they have always been very helpful or do it on a rally where others may already have TyrePal fitted & sure they will be happy to advise.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Just hope they are easy to set up when they arrive, and that the solar side of things doesn't need too much sun to keep them fully charged, as we all know about the UK lack of sunshine for too much of the year.
I haven't read any details as yet but if there is a USB option to remotely charge that will be useful also.

I've had mine for over a year now and the solar works just fine, even though I have my screen covered with a Silverscreen for much of the year. The system shuts itself down to minimise battery consumption so there's very little drain when not in use. A USB lead is supplied in the kit but I've never found it necessary yet.

Quite easy to install, just make sure you're happy with the actual tyre pressure, best done with the tyres cold, of course. Once the sensors are registered it's just a matter of setting the upper and lower limits.

Instruction book can be downloaded here.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Think you want one of these Wendo55

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Thanks Wombles and Mr Chrysalis . My previous Tyre Pal had Kaput recently and new system was still quite expensive at £99.00, so with the discount codes, £66.95, it was worth replacing the complete sytem rather than individual parts.(y)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Yes, it's a bit of an eye-opener when you can see what is happening. My tyres are set to 3.5 and 4.5 bar on Continental's recommendations for my axle weights. Motorway running in hot temps, ie in Spain, pressures can go up to about 3.9 and 5.5 bar respectively. It begs the question that those who just go by the door sticker showing 5.5 bar/79.5 psi all round must be subjecting their tyres to some unnecessary stress?
Hi Pete
Dont want to stray too far away from tyrepal thread, but now you have mentioned "reduced" tyre pressures, it opens up that old chestnut about Continental recommending lower pressures than the van manufacturers do on the door stickers. I know many on here have contacted Continental with their actual axle weights, and continental have given them their "recommended" inflation figures, which I for one are not going to argue with, if it gives a more comfortable ride and handling, also even wear across the tread.

I however have Michelin Agrilis Camper Tyres fitted on van from new, the dealer was adamant that the door sticker values of 79PSI all round should not be ignored, and that I should never deflate them to a lower value as quote:"the tyres HD sidewalls and metal valves, along with the suspension are designed for 79PSI".
I dont think Michelin offer the same axle weight Versus tyre pressure advice as Continental do,(on line or over phone) or at least I dont think I have read here on the many tyre pressure threads, of anyone getting that level of advice from Michelin.
I hope that someone on here can say different though, as 79PSI is quite high, will be interesting to see what the Tyrepal reads on a long motorway journey for pressure and heat.
Thanks for you input, listening with interest. We are running at 3850KGS 79PSI Rear, & 70PSI Front
Les

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
TinaL I’m running about the same weight 79 rear (5.5 bar) and 65 front (4.5) with Michelin Ag. Camper tyres and have done for 9 years. These are the pressures Pilote state in my MoHo manual for my tyre size hth.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Now thats fast!, ordered solar Tyrepal kit yesterday lunchtime, it arrived this morning 11AM!:)(y)
Only wish The Passport Office worked as fast, having just apid £75.50 for renewal.:mad:
Anyway, opened the box found it needs a Eunicell 3V Lithium Battery placed in each sensor, so thought better get some spares for when they need replacing, knowing my luck it will be half way through a holiday. Good news only paid £1.25 for 5 batteries on flea bay, so not everything is expensive for motor homing.(y)
Just thought I would share that, now I have to get reading glasses on and read that quiz booklet known to some as the install manual, wish me luck.:coffee:
Les

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Thanks to Wombles for the information, had a bit of an issue in Langres yesterday and found this post today, hopefully the kit will appear at home on Tuesday.

Cheers Chris, Bannock and Red

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks to Wombles for the information, had a bit of an issue in Langres yesterday and found this post today, hopefully the kit will appear at home on Tuesday.

Cheers Chris, Bannock and Red
You are welcome - although us Wombles are always going on about TPMS as a safety product the discounted price is a Funster team effort thanks to Jev88 for the heads up on the Sale & Mr Chrysalis for the C&MC discount code & all those who have given their feedback on TPMS units :hi5:

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Only time I've ever had to recharge our Solar one was when we had a car top cover over the windscreen in winter.

Sep 30, 2018
Norfolk UK
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 202
Exp
10 years overlanding in a Discovery. Sahara, Arctic, Iceland and Asia with more to come.
Morning all. Am I missing something here? Some have posted above that they only paid £66 whereas I'm getting £84 after applying the code.

I'm still happy with that discount I just wondered.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Morning all. Am I missing something here? Some have posted above that they only paid £66 whereas I'm getting £84 after applying the code.

I'm still happy with that discount I just wondered.
Agree that £84 delivered using the Fun discount code is still a good price for this product - the £66 was exceptional & was when the website had a Sale & the C&MC member discount code also worked when applied. Certainly worth fitting some form of TPMS to all vehicles for safer travel.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Just ordered mine on line (6 wheels), when I refreshed the page to add the extra 2 sensors it must have deleted the discount code but didn't realise until after I had paid ?

Quick email and they returned a call and agreed to add discount and refund the difference.

Great customer service!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Price on TyrePal website discounted again atm so our Funster code not applicable but C&MC code still works so currently from £66.95 delivered (y)

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
Thanks Wombles for the code. I've just ordered a solar set up for £66.95 including delivery ?

Sep 30, 2018
Norfolk UK
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 202
Exp
10 years overlanding in a Discovery. Sahara, Arctic, Iceland and Asia with more to come.
Price on TyrePal website discounted again atm so our Funster code not applicable but C&MC code still works so currently from £66.95 delivered (y)
Thank you, order placed?

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Tyrepal confirmed the sensors were not compatible with aluminium valve stems but didn’t say why. Any ideas ?
Strength of the stem,conductivity ?

How do you know if your valves are aluminium? The ones on my tyres are standard fitting but really beefy, they look like something off a truck.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Bustup15
Just ordered mine on line (6 wheels), when I refreshed the page to add the extra 2 sensors it must have deleted the discount code but didn't realise until after I had paid ?

Did you manage to get your system to recognise the extra 2 sensors? I’m doing as per instructions but nothing☹️ Wondering if there faulty

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Rudski01 if following the instructions isn't working suggest calling TyrePal 01543 870190 - their technical staff are normally very helpful.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Yes, it took a couple of attempts for one of them. Make sure you select which wheel you are programming before adding the sensor to the tyre, you can hear the master unit recognise the new sensor when it connects.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Thanks Bustup15 iv’e tried quite a few times with the two extras with no joy, phoned technical yesterday and they confirmed I was doing it correctly, I will try again when I get chance, if not they said I could return for replacements, I never seem to get much luck with tech?

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Thanks Bustup15 iv’e tried quite a few times with the two extras with no joy, phoned technical yesterday and they confirmed I was doing it correctly, I will try again when I get chance, if not they said I could return for replacements, I never seem to get much luck with tech?
Is it in range? How far from main unit are you for the 2 extras?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back