Free Member
Dec 24, 2018
Funster No
MH
Rimor Sailer 748since
Exp
Since 2017
Hi,
My M/H had rear sensors fitted at some point. now the sensors are there but the control box and anything else has long since disappeared via a previous owner for whatever reason. I'm thinking of setting it up again. I'm daunted by the notion of running a cable from the rear somehow to the cab. (7.4m). I've seen that Falcon advertise a wireless system between the sensor control at the rear and the cab. Has anyone had any experience of this piece of Kit ?
My prefered option would be a camera , again Falcon advertise a wireless camera which links to an android phone in the cab. Or.....if I went for wired I have no idea how I would run a cable from near the high level rear brake light where a camera would be located down through whatever is between the outer and inner skin of the M/H ????
Or of course, if someone has experience of another manufacturer.
I have read that hard wired is better than wireless, but technology does advance......doesn't it?

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I bought a wired dual camera myself and fitted .
Not so daunting, but then I have an older MH and don't mind the odd battle scar .
I could have crawled underneath and run cable full length be it went internally through rear of cupboards, under passenger seat and up through dashboard, around windscreen pillar to rear view mirror clip on screen.
Some say wireless are okay but others say they get interference at the moment you really want it......

OP
OP
T

Timcowen

Free Member
Dec 24, 2018
Funster No
MH
Rimor Sailer 748since
Exp
Since 2017
Hi,
I keep looking at internal routes, but there are so many areas that would appear to present a problem. Underneath would mean dropping a cable from the camera down between the inner and outer skin somehow or having a visible cable inside at the rear.....aaargh.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
DRW Electronics sell a good twin camera kit including a monitor, I have mine wired up to the leisure battery so it’s always on.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I've fitted a couple of wireless sensor kits. Quick and easy and only around £30 on ebay. Not tried a camera as mine was fitted when I bought the van. I have replaced both cameras over the last year but they simply plugged into the phono connections behind the bed head.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Half round adhesive trunking running floor to ceiling could descise the cables.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Personally wouldn't dream of trying to fit between skins.

Trunking works well.

DRW electronics offer personal service and great support.
Or just pay someone? Screenshot_20190622-211306.pngScreenshot_20190622-211255.pngScreenshot_20190622-211250.png

OP
OP
T

Timcowen

Free Member
Dec 24, 2018
Funster No
MH
Rimor Sailer 748since
Exp
Since 2017
Between skins seems impossible anyhow. I was interested in where the cabling for the high level stop light went....Can only be downwards. !!!!!
Having said that, I have looked for a potential route inside, and if i follow it up it would be minimal visible trunking of about 2ft (only if you have a good look) . If I go down the sensor route I think I'd have a go at the wireless but all the ones advertised don't make it clear what the wireless range would be and therefore if they would be suitable!!
Good job I haven't got anything better to do today, but it's bugging me.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. ? I didn't go for a wireless one because whilst fine for a car I doubt many would remain stable for the distance involved in a motorhome. Also I have heard of someone using his to reverse when he realised what was on his screen didn't look quite right. It turned out the person in a nearby van had the same system and the image was transmitted to the other van! ?

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back