Rally Chat Mosel Rolling Meet 2019. (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I have the tunnel booked for a short trip at the beginning of June but have to head back by 23rd, I was wondering if anyone planned to be in the area for the rolling meet within that timescale?

I read in last years thread about the expectation of paying cash, I just wondered about the availability of cash machines in the towns as I would prefer to keep topping up my euros rather than carrying a large stash?

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We won’t be there till July , we need to get some more warranty work done

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have the tunnel booked for a short trip at the beginning of June but have to head back by 23rd, I was wondering if anyone planned to be in the area for the rolling meet within that timescale?

I read in last years thread about the expectation of paying cash, I just wondered about the availability of cash machines in the towns as I would prefer to keep topping up my euros rather than carrying a large stash?

Keep a lookout for one of the many winefests. There are bound to be funsters wandering around lost and wondering how they managed to get there. Thankfully, Germany is one of the few countries that still consider cash to be king and few Germans own a credit card. There are cash machines dotted around large towns and cities, but not many in villages, so its best to carry some cash.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We won’t be there till July , we need to get some more warranty work done

No worries pal, we will still be there unless someone comes up with a better offer. Am down in Gex at the moment and went into the equivalent of the local £ shop. They had Leffe de Noel at 5 Emus for a dozen bottles. The poor Smart car was dragging on the floor on the way back to the van. I may have to make another trip shortly :D2.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
We're booking the ferry today - Harwich to the Hook, taking advantage of the 20% off Stena offer at the moment (ends tomorrow), outbound on Monday 19th August, returning late September but I'm paying extra to keep it flexible, so we can alter it either way, depending on circumstances and weather. We can't go much earlier as I'm going to Lords on Friday to watch England v Australia and my son has paid for the tickets.

Plan is the Mosel starting from Trier for at least fortnight and then we'll see what happens. Hope to see some of you along the way.

Tony & Kirsty

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We’re thinking of mid September - can’t get away until the 9th, but will head straight there - hopefully we won’t be Billy No Mates by then ....:)

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Is there much electricity available on the Mosel Stellaplatz?

Just trying to preplan.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
The Reil stellplatz is huge with good access. There is a bar/snackbar on site and the village with restaurants, small shop and wineries is a couple of minutes walk away. The Mosel cycle path runs through the stellplatz and it was 35 Euros per week including electric and wifi last summer. Good drop drainage for black and grey water for RVs. The river boat stops in the village for river trips up and down the river. There is a wide selection or eateries to suit most pockets, ranging from 15 Emus to 150 Emus. What more could anyone want ?.
Hi @Snowbird I think there will be quite a few joining you this year, I love The Mosel Bernkastle especially but have not done it in the van as yet. Just waiting for Passport office to accept my submitted mug shot, then will get onto the planing stage.
Was it a typo when you quoted 35 Euros per week , though with all those facilities it would be 35 Euros per night, but hope I am wrong somehow;)
Best Wishes, Have fun, hopefully in the sun(y)
Les

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Is there much electricity available on the Mosel Stellaplatz?

Just trying to preplan.
There is usually plenty available, certainly on all the ones i visited :)
the Enkirch site had over 800 vehicles there for fereintreffen , there are a lot of stellplatze in a relatively short distance , so if one is very busy its not far to next .

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Great. Thanks. Just worried about the short drives between stops, and recharging the hab batteries.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
We are heading your way! Currently in Belgium and planning on making Trier tomorrow (Tuesday). 4 females in 4 vans with 5 dogs - be on the lookout!

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi @Snowbird I think there will be quite a few joining you this year, I love The Mosel Bernkastle especially but have not done it in the van as yet. Just waiting for Passport office to accept my submitted mug shot, then will get onto the planing stage.
Was it a typo when you quoted 35 Euros per week , though with all those facilities it would be 35 Euros per night, but hope I am wrong somehow;)
Best Wishes, Have fun, hopefully in the sun(y)
Les

We paid 35 Emus per week including electric and unlimited wifi last year at Reil. If you stay 6 nights you get the seventh one free. We are in Geneva at the minute and fly out to Istanbul for 4 days tomorrow. On return we will be setting off for Reil. If its half as hot as its been down here in Geneva you will need the aircon. Its 30 in the shade today.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
We are at present just outside Amsterdam (Camping Badhoeve on ACSI )
Heading toward Mosel by the weekend

Hope to find some of you on the road

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Fabulous we shall look in maybe on the way home from our wanderings hopefully, and see you at Reil.
Steve(y)

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We intend heading to the Mosel in a couple of weeks time.
Last year, due to dull weather, we got as far as Mehring then changed our minds and belted down to the sun on the Med.
This time, weather permitting, we might stop in more than one place on the Mosel. If the weather looks iffy in Germany we will go south instead.
As usual, nothing is booked yet and we leave in 11 days time.
We might just get to meet @Snowbird yet. (y):D

Richard.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
DSCF1539 R.jpg
4 females in 4 vans with 5 dogs

Thanks for the warning Carol :D. Plenty of room at the moment but remember Monday 26th is another holiday so the sites could fill up this weekend.

Mike

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We are heading your way! Currently in Belgium and planning on making Trier tomorrow (Tuesday). 4 females in 4 vans with 5 dogs - be on the lookout!
Arriving Trier today ! Where are you all now ?

JohnT UK

Free Member
Mar 1, 2015
FoD
Funster No
MH
Elddis 165
Exp
since 2014
Hopefully we will be dropping by 16/17th June

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
For those looking for a space next weekend, don't forget it is likely to be busy as next Monday 10th is a national holiday (Pfingstmontag/Whitsuntide) so there may be more weekends out than usual and there will be festivals.

Jim

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Hi @Riverbankannie - we are all parked up at a winery and planning on doing the wine tasting tour this evening. It is a recognised stellaplatz but can’t be more specific as I just follow (until I get separated/lost ).

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We’ve stopped just down stream from Trier at Schweich. Will stay here overnight.
Maybe catch up tomorrow?

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
We are hoping to hop on a bus into town later this morning, if you do come to this site @Riverbankannie will see you later no doubt.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
were hoping to come back late August or Early September depending on NHS so I posting to make sure we get notifications of what your all up to

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back