Touring Switzerland (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
We are planning a trip to Switzerland later in the year.
Has anyone advice on Aires to use or ACSI campsites.
Would like to stop at scenic places near lakes and mountains if possible.
Not against any campsites really but a little wary of the cost.
Any other hints and tips greatly appreciated.
Paul

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Lauterbrunnen is a must, I think that the campsite there is ACSI.
This is the one we stayed on.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have you looked at Campercontact?
Lots or aires and cheap camperstops with reviews and pics

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We are planning a trip to Switzerland later in the year.
Has anyone advice on Aires to use or ACSI campsites.
Would like to stop at scenic places near lakes and mountains if possible.
Not against any campsites really but a little wary of the cost.
Any other hints and tips greatly appreciated.
Paul

Lovely country but incredibly expensive and dodgy weather. Perhaps spread your time between Switzerland, Bavaria and Ticino?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Lauterbrunnen is a must, I think that the campsite there is ACSI.
This is the one we stayed on.
Is Breithorn better than Jungfrau as we’re planning dropping in on lauterbrunnen in 4 weeks for a couple of nites??

Ive heard they like to pack em in there!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Is Breithorn better than Jungfrau as we’re planning dropping in on lauterbrunnen in 4 weeks for a couple of nites??

Ive heard they like to pack em in there!
When we were there the cloud base was too low to consider going up either. We only went as far as Mürren. Then we were snowed in for 2 days! I think it was end of May!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
There is a cable car up the James Bond one and a railway up the Jungfrau so you’ll be ok !
We used Breithorn as it is ACSI, not sure about the other one. We used our bikes to travel on the cycle path up and down the valley, there are wonderful waterfalls.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We got a special 20€ stay ticket for camping jungfrau at the NEC, but we will check them both out! Thanks for the heads up about Piz Gloria I’d like to do that, I like to visit Bond locations

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We got a special 20€ stay ticket for camping jungfrau at the NEC, but we will check them both out! Thanks for the heads up about Piz Gloria I’d like to do that, I like to visit Bond locations
We've only stayed at Jungfrau as the office was closed at the other site when we called and we couldn't discover when it was going to open. Jungfrau is on the edge of a town and if you want to be adventurous there are trains you can catch. We got a 10% reduction using an ACSI card, full price is eye-watering. Make use of your offer card, full price is more than twice that. :)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
There is plenty of parking at the cable car base station. They have CC TV showing the view at the top so you can make a decision about going all the way.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
The TCS sites (Touring Club Suisse) are always good, well run and at nice locations:

https://www.tcs.ch/fr/camping-voyages/camping/

Three languages to choose from on the above website

Aires are not too common but they are usually very nice and well equipped, Campercontact covers them well.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We stayed at Camping Breithorn last year because it was ACSI (whereas Jungfrau wasn't). From what I've seen, Camping Jungfrau is definitely more of a fully featured campsite than Camping Breithorn which is very basic. But Breithorn was perfectly adequate for us and I thought it was a much more scenic location because it was small and in the countryside. The office was closed when we arrived so we just pitched up and found them to pay later. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

We cycled along the cycle path in the evening and had a fondue at the restaurant at Camping Jungfrau - was a pretty reasonable price for Switzerland (y) The Trümmelbach falls are worth visiting and the farm next door to the campsite has a milk vending machine (take your own bottles)...probably the best milk we've tasted for years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back