Pass some time Schlusselfeld to Sulzemoos North of Munich (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We have to go to the Morelo Factory at Schlusselfeld next week, probably Thursday, to inspect the new Liner and then our Morelo is transported to the dealer 120 miles down the road at Sulzemoos on Friday. We are due to collect it the following week sometime. It makes sense to go down in the Flair as they are taking it PX. So we will have a long weekend to pass some time and are looking for a decent site within say 80 miles or so. The Flair will be in light mode so no bikes and such so easy walking to an interesting town with restaurants would be a good solution. Anyone got some suggestions?
upload_2019-5-16_8-23-43.png

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Michael

On your Grey route Rothenburg ob der Tauber is a nice enough spot if a bit touristy, there is a camp site at the bottom of the hill but the closest would be one of the two stellplatz in the car park just outside the town walls.

Martin

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Martin,

Thanks looks interesting, as we may be there for a few days the stellplatz with electric looks a better bet. I will continue searching for options as well, dependant on their timings I may wander a bit.

Michael

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi Martin,

Thanks looks interesting, as we may be there for a few days the stellplatz with electric looks a better bet. I will continue searching for options as well, dependant on their timings I may wander a bit.

Michael
If you fancy something a bit different - 3-4 years ago we stopped at a micro brewery in the hills above bamberg, wonderfully scenic with walks and a brewery with gasthaus and a beer vending machine in the loo.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Can anyone remind me of the "norm" for electric on German stellplatz, if I remember you need a pocketful of 50c pieces? Or..?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We prefere Nordlingen a bit south of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, not as touristy. The Stellaplaz is only at the back of a carpark but better than the one at Rothenburg ob der Tauber.

Devra

Banned
Jun 1, 2016
Germany
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 585 Sport
Exp
Since 2000
You will actually be very close to the Romantic Road and there are several places which are very interesting with Stellplätze.
As mentioned, Rothenburg ob der Tauber is definitely worth visiting.
There is a Stellplatz with electricity at Dinkelsbühl, which is only minutes away from the very interesting old town.
Further south, there is a Stellplatz at Nördlingen. This is not only a very nice old town, but has an almost completely intact town wall where you can walk along the battlements.
Augsburg is an interesting town if you have never been before. There is a bus service from near the Stellplatz.
If you don't mind a small detour, Landsberg am Lech is also a nice old town worth visiting.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Hi Michael

On your Grey route Rothenburg ob der Tauber is a nice enough spot if a bit touristy, there is a camp site at the bottom of the hill but the closest would be one of the two stellplatz in the car park just outside the town walls.

Martin
We’re hoping to get into that stellplatz next month, just hope I get the timing right, would around midday be the best time to hit it??

Also doing the campsite in September!!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We’re hoping to get into that stellplatz next month, just hope I get the timing right, would around midday be the best time to hit it??

Also doing the campsite in September!!
Not been to that one actually as we stayed on a camp site a scooter ride away but lunch time should be OK.

Martin

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
You will actually be very close to the Romantic Road and there are several places which are very interesting with Stellplätze.
As mentioned, Rothenburg ob der Tauber is definitely worth visiting.
There is a Stellplatz with electricity at Dinkelsbühl, which is only minutes away from the very interesting old town.
Further south, there is a Stellplatz at Nördlingen. This is not only a very nice old town, but has an almost completely intact town wall where you can walk along the battlements.
Augsburg is an interesting town if you have never been before. There is a bus service from near the Stellplatz.
If you don't mind a small detour, Landsberg am Lech is also a nice old town worth visiting.
The Stellplatze we stayed at was only 20min walk from the city centre and right next to the river. Mind you we have just left Germany and headed south into Italy as hacked off with 3 weeks of the cold and wet weather!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back