Motorhome fairy light and flags (1 Viewer)

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
@Rosemary1 Because he was woken up early in the morning after a night of partying.

8F1C689B-61AC-402B-89B6-88C503A5A512.jpeg

John.

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
I think it is all part of the fun of motorhoming and doesn’t really need a point to it! If it makes you feel happy and you like to to make your little set up look jolly, friendly and welcoming, not to mention easy to find in a field full of motorhomes and caravans after a few glasses of wine, then feel free. I love to see all the colourful set ups and what others like to do is fine by me. Most of us put lights, decorations and trees up in our homes at Christmas time and I daresay most of us are not doing this because of our religious beliefs - we just do it because we like it! There doesn’t always have to be a serious point to everything we do in life does there? Life is short, so do what you want I say and if you aren’t hurting anyone and it makes you feel happy then why ever not? x

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
My thoughts exactly, I don’t see the point, but we would never attend rallies or similar meets.
I think flag poles should be reserved for buildings and fairy lights for Christmas.
What really irritates me ( and makes me wonder “why”) are people waving flags at music festivals.
What’s the point? They obstruct the view of people behind them as the wavers invariably stand near the stage.

Or is it just to draw attention to themselves.
The size and need to have a flag is inversly proportional to THEIR sense of self (penis) . I don't need a flag. Just saying

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Aw come on guys!!!! Don’t be so serious about things! It’s all just silly harmless fun and it’s not meant to be a serious statement! It’s just people being fun loving and carefree. Live and let live my darlings and please try not to get so irritated by such trivial and unimportant matters! xxx

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Do you have a link please ?
This is the one I've ordered:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dream-Color-6803-IC-Chip-5050-RGB-LED-Strip-133-Effects-RF-Controller-UK-Power/161142227094?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
The listing usefully lists all the effect codes

...but obviously as I've not yet received it, I can make no comment on quality or reliability.

This is the search page for "5050 dream color 6803 ic chip rgb led strip"
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...=1000&Size=5m&_dcat=116022&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1

A bit Hillbilly but this shows some [all?] the possible effects

Skip to 3 mins

[I'm presuming the speed of the chase/pulse effects can be slowed down to be a little less migraine inducing]

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
we have a great big flag pole with the rebel flag on, so ner ner.......
fairy lights.............not so much......

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Love seeing all the flags and lights at meets. Makes it so much more fun!

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
There's a lot of humbugs on here, I love to see the lights and flags, silver fox has a fab flag, mine will be flying at Newbury, and the lights will be flashing, we're funsters not glumsters.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@jockaneezer
My Ebay buy delivered on time, and seems to work fine (so far)... just got it running through demo (all the sequences) mode at the moment...
At Old Mo's

I'll take another video when it gets a bit darker.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
There's a lot of humbugs on here, I love to see the lights and flags, silver fox has a fab flag, mine will be flying at Newbury, and the lights will be flashing, we're funsters not glumsters.

Why thank you for saying so (y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
@jockaneezer
My Ebay buy delivered on time, and seems to work fine (so far)... just got it running through demo (all the sequences) mode at the moment...
At Old Mo's

I'll take another video when it gets a bit darker.

Is it compulsory to put to have an A board warning by the lights now a days :D

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I’m loving the flags and lights certainly guides me to motorhome! ( and we don’t have a pole!!)

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
When the war was over there were flags flying all over GB, everyone was happy, since then smiling happy people with joy to share and fun in their hearts have flown flags, even at sad times the Royals and military fly flags, I have flags, lights and other stuff and maybe I have gone over the top a few times, there are even times I haven't done any of it, there are some camp sites which don't allow them, (humbugs) up the flags is what I say. Hannah recently broke my pole, anyone know where I can get another one? :reel::)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back