Motorhome insurance and green card. (1 Viewer)

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Do all the insurance companies require the dates you intend to start your trip and the day you intend to return? The reason I ask this is because my brother who is a member has 365 days foreign travel cover and yet the insurance company Aviva are asking the question, and like most of us we leave when we do and return when we are ready. Looking for any info since can't get any sense from the brokers.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Comfort gave me a green card for remainder of policy, although I believe they are not currently issuing them since last brexit extension.
Bennetts, for my motor scooter, wanted start and finish date of next trip and which countries to be visited.
I guess its their rules so we jump through their hoops!

OP
OP
xsparks
Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Another problem he has is the insurance runs out whilst we are away, now I realise that you can insure online before you go but it's having the green card in your grasp when you leave, also whether or not we will even require it is another question.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We might make multiple trips within the policy period.

I would expect to receive a card for the remainder of the policy cover.

I suppose with companies that demand dates, one could simply state tommorrow's date as a start date and the renewal date as the finish date.

Geoff

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I phoned my insurance co. (Adrian Flux) this morning.

They told me no Green Card required.. (n)

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
suppose with companies that demand dates, one could simply state tommorrow's date as a start date and the renewal date as the finish date.

Not if you have a trip limit that is less than remainder of your policy......

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Another problem he has is the insurance runs out whilst we are away, now I realise that you can insure online before you go but it's having the green card in your grasp when you leave, also whether or not we will even require it is another question.
They can email a new one to you & you print it out on green paper. I do it every year as my renewal is when I am away & here they don't do anything in advance so it waits until after renewal..

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Not if you have a trip limit that is less than remainder of your policy......

Surely they do not want to send out multiple Green Cards for multiple short trips for people like myself or gus-Lopez if he wants to pop to France for several w/es in a policy period? I suspect his is for the policy period.

I think nobody in Poland gets a Green Card to travel to another country. We certainly do not have one for the car, although according to Gus they are issued automatically in Spain, but we would have to let him tell us whether it is for the whole policy period.

Geoff

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
That guy just sounds like to much hassle to travel with !!!!

Get a new travel buddy, one that can help you in an emergency beer situation.. ie You opened a KEG by mistake and need to use it all up.. (y)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
I can only tell you what my bike insurer does. I have a trip max of 60 days. They will only give a green card if I can give travel dates out from uk and back in.
So yes I will need a green card for each trip. At least they have not charged me.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If the email the green card with the insurance certificate go to a tourist office and ask them to print them off just forward the email to there office and they will print it off, well they printed our certificate off

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back