First time Wild Camping (1 Viewer)

Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
We spent our first ever night totally reliant on our MH 12v supply and all went well. I cant exactly say it was in the Wilds but it was a lovely Rural location and would highly recommend to all.

We stayed at the Pitcrocknie Restaurant and Coffee House near Alyth in Perthshire and as you can see from the photo its a massive car park which is pretty level . We had dinner and drinks outside overlooking the Golf Course whilst enjoying the spring sunshine. May I also add that the Restaurant is Dog friendly, I found the Restaurant via Brit stops as I am a member and thought We would try it out.

The Landlady was very polite and friendly and We found the Food / drinks and service all to be very good,She even offered Water if needed.
The Car park is next to a B road so you will get road noise but We found that it got quiet between 11 pm and 6 am.
All in all a very pleasant stay and We will return.
pit 1.JPG

pit 3.JPG

OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
I have just found out that I am not supposed to name a Specific place when referring to Brit stops and should only use reference numbers, It was not my intention to do so just my naivety of not knowing. and if this is also posted in the wrong area then please remove and accept my apology.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Well done on your first off-grid night!!

Don't worry about naming a Britstop - I believe they allow you to pay the penalty in installments :whistle::whistle:

Barry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We aren’t members of britstops but have stopped at lots of pubs that are .
I think the pubs don’t mind you stopping over as long as your spending by eating or drinking , preferably both in there and not being a tight
Funny Looking Twat
Incase I’m modified ......
F r EE load in g to ss er .

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Don't forget to look at the free pubstops map on here too and you can mention as many of those as you like!

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We find searchforsites app invaluable. All types of stops with reviews. Saved us a fortune last September/October. Couldn’t have done without it.
Phil

May 19, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Migrateur
Exp
Toured Scotland for eight weeks using searchforsites app, it was fantastic as previously reported saved us a fortune
whiskeymac

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Have just returned from almost 3 weeks in Ireland. Using Campercontact app we only paid for 2 nights overnight anywhere, and that was only because we wanted to be at a particular place for 2 nights.

Although a member of Britstops I rarely refer to them now, having found that almost every pub that I've asked has been very happy for us to overnight. We do, of course, have a meal and drink, that's the reason we choose a pub. Nothing against them though; they do offer more than just pubs.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I wrote an article about beginners Wild Camping, if anyone fancies it, have a read first (y)
[AMS=article, 21][/AMS]

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
moonfruit wild camping is a pretty good site for pub stopover information AND its free !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back