69intheshade

Free Member
Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky TI 700 MEG
Exp
Since 2015
I have a 2013 Knaus Sky TI on a Ducato 2.3lt 130 multijet and having bought five litres of Paraflu UP and five litres of demineralised water so would love to attempt a coolant change myself.
Having removed all the screws from the Knaus designed full front grill but am thwarted by what looks to be six fragile looking plastic lugs held in with steel clips, none of which look strong enough to yank!
So I asked a friend who told me to part the radiator bottom hose to drain down the radiator, problem is I cannot identify it amongst all the other pipes!
I even started taking off the bottom intercooler pipe, I found out later!
Can anyone please guide me to the correct pipe? ;)

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Mine is a 3 litre, but radiator may be similar. Looking from front, right hand side of radiator, low down at rear is the coolant pipe. It has a clip you squeeze in from either side to release the fitting from radiator.
I found i could only squeeze the clip by lying under van and putting left arm up to side of radiator and squeezing clip from above, leaving right hand to wiggle and pull fitting off.
This method ensures you are undervan when coolant decends on you!
There is a bleed valve on pipes to heater matrix, engine side of bulkhead, high up.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
There is a plastic drain plug on the drivers side bottom front face of the radiator.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Don't forget antifreeze is not nice stuff - please don't dump it on the road or down a drain.

It should be recycled properly. (y)

OP
OP
69intheshade

69intheshade

Free Member
Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky TI 700 MEG
Exp
Since 2015
Mine is a 3 litre, but radiator may be similar. Looking from front, right hand side of radiator, low down at rear is the coolant pipe. It has a clip you squeeze in from either side to release the fitting from radiator.
I found i could only squeeze the clip by lying under van and putting left arm up to side of radiator and squeezing clip from above, leaving right hand to wiggle and pull fitting off.
This method ensures you are undervan when coolant decends on you!
There is a bleed valve on pipes to heater matrix, engine side of bulkhead, high up.

OP
OP
69intheshade

69intheshade

Free Member
Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky TI 700 MEG
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you so much, I think I've seen that pipe whilst rolling around under the front of the van!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you do remove the bottom rad pipe have an assistant look in the expansion bottle with the cap removed as you squeeze the pipe firmly.
It it has water in the expansion bottle level will rise and fall slightly.
No movement and it ain't a rad pipe.

OP
OP
69intheshade

69intheshade

Free Member
Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky TI 700 MEG
Exp
Since 2015
If you do remove the bottom rad pipe have an assistant look in the expansion bottle with the cap removed as you squeeze the pipe firmly.
It it has water in the expansion bottle level will rise and fall slightly.
No movement and it ain't a rad pipe.
Wow, that's a real good idea, I'll get some help to try that.
Thank you

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
There's one thing....
Removing the intercooler hose when your looking for a rad hose isn't as messy as removing a rad hose when your looking for an intercooler hose. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
69intheshade

69intheshade

Free Member
Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky TI 700 MEG
Exp
Since 2015
There's one thing....
Removing the intercooler hose when your looking for a rad hose isn't as messy as removing a rad hose when your looking for an intercooler hose. :ROFLMAO:
Think I'm gonna need waterproofs! (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back